Susie's 2022 campaign

Oh no, why did the other one go i wonder. Well at least you have one maybe now

Went for dinner at a friend's and got in about half ten. It's now midnight and I've scanned and emailed all the documents that the agent wants, sent through docs to the credit checking agency, and called Oz re the outstanding pension money. They wanted certified docs which I sent off tracked two weeks ago, and TG I did because the lady could then see they had received it.

So hopefully that will just take a couple of weeks to process - these big pension companies don't like letting go of your money do they!

Plus got two more viewings, one sounds really promising, and my friend also texted a friend of hers (who I know) who is also looking for somewhere - so it has been a busy evening in more ways than one, but we're inching closer to getting everything sorted :).

I should head to bed but all this activity has got my brain whirling!

All go then. Fingers crossed everything ots into place and another exciting move for you.

Thanks Tipp! Surprisingly I slept quite well, only woke up once - but the commute this morning took two hours - I sure as heck won't miss that!

Had such a good time at my friend's place last night - she made yummy filo tarts with goats cheese and onion chutney and lots of salads - and she and the other friend solved a little dilemma for me :).

Have a good day, all!

Relaxing with wine now after a breakneck journey home and tearing into the cul de sac to find the first viewing person waiting for me - but he couldn't have been sweeter. Seems to really like it but will let me know tomorrow. I've also got a work colleague keen to see it on Saturday, so things are looking up there.

Still waiting for confirmation that the million pieces of ID and bank details I've provided to the oop North estate agent are all OK and I've definitely got the bungalow to rent - so am in limbo a bit at the moment in terms of booking a removalist, post redirection, broadband, yada yada...

But everything is fine with the new job and the contract arrived today. They have a bonus scheme, a Friday leave early time and flexible working practices - how it should be! :)

Job sounds great and lots of positives in that post😃 Hopefully they let you know tomorrow and you can start to sort those bits out.

How’s the packing going? X

O.. I have flexi working. I have to do my set hours over 4 weeks and can take up to a day and half off each month. Good job with all the interviews ive had recently.
Hope t all gets sorted soon, have you told the cats yet? And how great is a bungalow, no adjoining neighbours.

The bungalow is semi detached but hopefully the neighbours will be quiet :).

The cats will be fine, they adjusted really well to coming back to London - but Stella hates travelling in the car, so will cry all the way there, poor thing. Still it's only five hours this time instead of three days.

Ahh bless her. I’m sure they will love the new place😃 x

WOOHOO I've got tenants for my flat :D:D. In case it's of use to anyone I used OpenRent, and got great tenants in one week, brilliant!

Just waiting for the OK on the Seaham place and then it's time to book the removalist :wee::wee::wee:.

Last edited:
Morning all

A lovely day here, going to be 27 today woohoo :).

Feeling very sluggish but will make an effort and go through the kitchen cupboards and start thinning things out a bit, that should be exciting lol.

Have a good one!

Morning Susie!

I’ve got the aircon on already lol. I used to love the summer but it’s hard work now.

It may not sound exciting but it’ll be productive and get you closer to moving which is exciting😃 x

Oooh I'd love aircon. I don't cope well with the heat either. Living in Italy I did have aircon and boy did it get a workout :).

Now I just keep the fan on my face all night, bliss :).

Waiting for deliveries - ordered new net curtains and white drapes (the cats have made a mess of the ones I've got there now), plus mould free paint for around the windowsills. My handyman is coming round tomorrow to fix a couple of things so will get him to do the painting too, and put the drapes up. I'd do it but I get a bit wobby even on a small stepladder these days!

Then Mr Sainsburys this afternoon with life saving items like ice cream :D.

It’s just a portable one but it’s been a life saver lol. I’d love to go to Italy! What area did you live in?

You’ll soon be having a lovely sea breeze to cool you down but in the meantime the ice cream will help😃 x

I’d love to go to Italy! What area did you live in?

In Abruzzo, on the east coast, a town called Castel Frentano. It was a great adventure for 18 months but living there is very different to holidays (she states the obvious lol). The locals were very suspicious of a woman living on their own, there's high crime, cost of living was more £ than I had counted on, and i found myself becoming very bored and lonely. I had quite a few ex pat friends but it wasn't enough to fill my days, and i was really happy to get back to London!

It’s just a portable one but it’s been a life saver lol.

Which one do you have, hun? Phew it's getting warm! (never happy, eh? lol) but I've done three loads of washing, changed the cat litter, put rubbish out, priced a washing machine for the new place, cleaned up the kitchen and found a cheap fridge freezer on eBay for the tenants :D.

I didn’t think of any of those things but it can be like that in lots of places. I just automatically went to the “ooh like a long holiday”. It wasn’t obvious to me but my brain doesn’t always work lol.

I ordered mine in desperation last summer so picked one that was next day delivery on amazon lol. It’s an inventor one but I should of got a more powerful one really. It does still make a big difference though.

You sound busy, busy, busy😃 x

Back