Susie's 2022 campaign

Home after a very good day sorting everything out. An Italian speaking friend helped me bigtime at the carabinieri and the Capitano has given me a statement to carry with me when driving that says my licence was stolen, so I'm safe to drive yaye
1f642.png
. Got a new bank card as well this morning so I've got money and transport back.

The policeman was such a nice man, said it happens all the time - they get in and keep you chatting while the other steals things. He gave me pamphlets on the many different types of scams and was very keen to know if I could identify them again. Apparently there's a Romanian gang targeting the area, he thinks it might be the same mob. Just heard from another friend that a neighbour's house was burgled this morning; and some people have been beaten up - so really, in the scheme of things, I was lucky it wasn't worse.

Going to bed early tonight, been up since 3am fretting! xx

That was a really horrible thing to happen to you. Glad you found a friend to help you with translation, and manged to get everything sorted out.

Have your cats been ok? Are they getting along yet?

Thanks hun - yes I really could have done without it. Means a few people won't get their Christmas presents because I need a valid card for Amazon etc - but as I said earlier, it could have been much worse and I learned a valuable lesson from it.

Been bonkers on food though - when I get uber tired I crave carbs and have eaten loads of bread over the last 24 hours, and just scoffed some chocolate. Must get back in focus for a pre-Christmas WI!!!

Not much improvement from Orbit (the older female cat), she still hates the sight of the little one and hisses/has a go at her almost every time she sees her :(

Well it doesn't rain but it pours. The builder came round to reconnect the central heating and in the process managed to break the boiler - so no central heating and no hot water. He's chasing the gas guy who may or may not turn up tomorrow....great. Not.

Sorry to hear some scummy people stole your purse, shocking that they're travelling around doing this and hopefully will get caught. Good to hear you've got friends to help you and you've got things sorted quickly.
Goodness, just read about your central heating too...hope that's sorted super soon x

The fun continues at Palazzo Susie - an engineer (who knows what he's doing) has just been. The circuit board was fused because the wrong timer was attached, so it's all being fixed on Friday (tomorrow is a public holiday) and I will be able to wash properly!!! Luckily I've got lots of perfume until then :D.

It's so cold here, think me and the cats will bunker down in the living room (where I've got an oil filled radiator), keep warm, have some vino (later) and do a Star Wars marathon :D.

Last edited:
Evening all - SO happy to report that I now have hot water and heating again woohoo!

Not great on food this week, think December is shaping up to be pretty disastrous oops, no one's fault but mine of course - but there's always next year! :)

Morning all

Decided to do a WI before a Christmas shop in the nearest Lidl (about an hour away) and I've lost 8lbs, no idea how, because bread has barged its way back into my life the last week. Pasta and rice I can live without but bread and I are deeply in love, no matter how many times I try to break up with it! So I'll just keep trundling along and try to up the veg intake to counterbalance the grains. Well that's the theory anyway :D.

Anyhoo that's my 2 stone!

Sxx

Morning all

Decided to do a WI before a Christmas shop in the nearest Lidl (about an hour away) and I've lost 8lbs, no idea how, because bread has barged its way back into my life the last week. Pasta and rice I can live without but bread and I are deeply in love, no matter how many times I try to break up with it! So I'll just keep trundling along and try to up the veg intake to counterbalance the grains. Well that's the theory anyway :D.

Sxx

Awesome loss!!!!!!!!!

Morning all

Sxx
Well done on your amazing 8lb loss and on reaching your two stone target!:0clapper::thankyouthankyou::winner:

Hi Susie, sorry to hear about your wallet woes - very frustrating! Please you have heat & hot water once again though:)

Well done on the wooshie loss - shows that it's worth trying everyday and not letting one fall off the wagon stop you from keeping trying. Go girl xx

Morning all - very cold here today but all the windows are open so the plaster being put up everywhere to block holes etc so it's more brrr than normal!

Just had a lush brekkie of thin sliced pork and eggs - so bacon, but without the nitrates :). Cauli and cabbage soup for lunch, and more pork with spinach for tea.

And back to Crazy Cat Lady news - am now feeding another little cat, well she's only a few months old but is skin and bone and I just couldn't leave her. She's not staying in the house but at least if I can get her a bit plumper for winter, she'll make it through ok. You can feel all her ribs and backbone, poor little thing. Suggestions for names?

Excellent loss, you must be over the moon :0clapper:

What a kind heart you have Suzie looking out for the cats :) Being a Geordie we call small " tinsy" as in teeny little, I think I'd call her that as it could be an abbreviation of tinsel too X

Back