Susie's 2022 campaign

interesting article! it's interesting the stuff we know, but sometimes it takes a while for us to realise stuff.

I like the suggestion that nothing is banned. So today for example, with 2000 calories you could have had one croissant. Maybe it's not the best choice nutritionally, but it's still a choice you could make. Plus croissants are yum, and really it should be a rule that you have one a week. Will you be happier with 1 croissant, or 600 calories worth of veg and fruit? I know what's I'd chose!

Last edited:
Happy new year. I'm aiming for 100% on track from tomorrow until the end of January. X

Afternoon all

Have decided to log all my food here again as well as MFP - so it may get a bit dull, but twill be the whole truth and nothing but...:)

B - spinach, banana, orange, ginger, water smoothie
L - leftover pasta with pancetta, peas, mushrooms, light cream
D - warm sausage salad with lettuce, toms, and a tbsp of mandarin oil

Total - 1,394 - leaves 606

Feel a bit happier today. I really felt like my overeating was way out of control - but got my s**t together today and made up my smoothie, which was lovely. Not filling though, so followed it with a pasta chaser - but now I'm full, and I've left some on the plate!!! I'll probably finish it off later but this is a big thing for me (and I suspect a lot of us) to not finish the lot off.

Oooh and the man who cuts all the grass back at the house next to me has just done my patio too, bless him :).

Enjoying the sun for the next couple of days because snow is forecast on Thursday!

Later - a small victory, even though I'm not hungry I really fancied a chocolate bar - I have two boxes of Atkins ones in the cupboard. My brain said "Go on, eat them up, after all, you're not doing Atkins any more and you've got the calories spare so why not?" - but instead I've made a green tea. Who is this person and what have you done with Susie? :D. I've been reading a book called Never Binge Again (there's also a website, same name) and it's quite interesting reading. The guy says to call your cravings Pig and separate it from yourself - so you can tell Pig to bugga off when insidious food thoughts come into your brain. Tried it twice today and so far it has helped :).

Now all I need is something to make me love green tea...:sick0019:

Last edited:
Oooh look what I found - it calculates how long it may take to get to goal - https://www.fitwatch.com/calculator/weight-loss-target-date

Will have to adjust mine because I've just scoffed some chocolate, couldn't shout loud enough at Pig this time...Just thinking about it, the name could be anyone/thing you abhor - like Voldemort. Or Trump. :D

:DHaha! I love reading your diary Susie! This has had me laughing so much, I can't stop :D
Having a bottle of water before my meal helps to stop me over eating. The only way I can control eating bread is to freeze it as soon as I buy it, then take out my daily allowance. How about giving yourself an allowance for goodies within your calorie allowance? On SW I do a SYN tin (copied the idea off someone) I allow 10syns per day X 7days = 70syns worth of goodies in my tin, anything I like and to eat whenever I want(even all on 1st day if I want) without thinking about how many Syns I'm eating. But once it's empty that's it, no more goodies until the next week. At first I stuff lots but then slow down as it gets less and less. X

Will have to adjust mine because I've just scoffed some chocolate, couldn't shout loud enough at Pig this time...Just thinking about it, the name could be anyone/thing you abhor - like Voldemort. Or Trump. :D
Haha, I read that Never Binge Again book, and funnily enough, I pictured my Pig as being Trump! So if I give in to its demands, Trump wins (again :( ). Surprisingly effective...

Good suggestions thanks Tibbs :). Wish I'd blocked out Trump more last night, I had 3 (!) Atkins bars, completely forgetting the polyol warning and the effect was, let us say, explosive! Not so much Trump as trumpeting...for England!

Cold and rainy here today, and am finding it hard to get inspired about juices etc. Might make carrot soup for lunch. Also a bit glum, as my aunt passed away yesterday :(. She was 92 but had been fit and healthy all her life, bar the last two weeks, so there's that to be grateful for.

OK, menu for today -

B - eggs on wholemeal with 1 slice of cheese and 1 of ham
L - carrot and leek soup with crackers
D - leftover soup with spinach and turkey

Total - 1400

Last edited:
Good suggestions thanks Tibbs :). Wish I'd blocked out Trump more last night, I had 3 (!) Atkins bars, completely forgetting the polyol warning and the effect was, let us say, explosive! Not so much Trump as trumpeting...for England!

Cold and rainy here today, and am finding it hard to get inspired about juices etc. Might make carrot soup for lunch. Also a bit glum, as my aunt passed away yesterday :(. She was 92 but had been fit and healthy all her life, bar the last two weeks, so there's that to be grateful for.

OK, menu for today -

B - eggs on wholemeal with 1 slice of cheese and 1 of ham
L - carrot and leek soup with crackers
D - leftover soup with spinach and turkey

Total - 1400
Ah, so sorry to hear your aunt has passed, nice to hang on to the fact she had such a fit and healthy life. It's still very sad though X
Your menu is looking good Susie, it's taken me over a week to get back on plan. As your little running men say "keep on keeping" you can and will do it X

Thanks honey, people are all over FB saying lovely things about her - she was loved by many :).

Just made the carrot soup and to my surprise it's really nice (as much of my cooking is a bit hit and miss) :D.

Susie's simple carrot soup
500g carrots, chopped
60g leeks, chopped
80g celery, chopped
1 Kallo low salt veggie cube, in 500g water

Chuck all in soup maker and select Smooth blend. It comes out quite thick but there's enough for two servings, at 139 cals each.

So sorry about your aunt hun.

Like the sound of your soup hun xxxx

Hi susie
i love reading your posts lololol i think your doing the right thing and you can have what you fancy hun i hope your feeling ok hun today and not dreaming about your lover Mr Trump lololol x x x x x

Hi Susie
well my beautiful friend been on them websites you gave me well talk about laughing i was laughing so loud there great and they have humor with great food ideas thanks hun x x x

Hi guys

All good here but am trapped indoors after a very heavy snowfall and there's more to come!

Happily the power and internet are back on today, so the cats and I are bunkered down in the living room with the heating on full bore, as the wind temp outside is down to a brisk -13! :eek:

Apparently it'll be like this until Monday or Tuesday so lots of slow cooker meals and soups are planned :).

So sorry about your Aunt. Big hug.

Spending weekend locked in room with cats sounds like fun! Are they getting along OK? Or more of a reluctant acceptance of each other?

Orbit, the older one attacks little Stella almost every time she sees her, which is pretty upsetting - and then Stella makes it worse by stalking Orbit and then diving under the sofa, little minx. I guess I just have to be patient and hope Orbit comes round eventually.

Snow is getting REALLY deep now, nearly up to my kitchen window at the back where it's not blowing away!

Snow and -13 :eek: Living up North we're known for freezing weather but it's been mild and sunny here since Dec. I didn't realise it would get so cold where you are, it must feel like living in a snow shake (snow globe). Hope you keep lovely and warm and that your power & internet stay on.
Stella sounds a right little tink:)
I've been reading your blog and thoroughly enjoying it. I didn't realise you brought Orbit over from London. I like your style of writing, were you in PR or journalism when you were working? X

sorry about your aunt susie thats so sad love but im glad she as lots of lovely messages , ohh sisusie please keep safe and warm while you have the horrid snow and naughty cats x x x x

Stella sounds a right little tink:)

She is hun - she's getting more confident around Orbit, despite the hissing! Orby was using the litter in the living room and Stella crept right up to her, knowing full well Orbit couldn't do anything to her while she was concentrating on her business :D.

I've been reading your blog and thoroughly enjoying it. I didn't realise you brought Orbit over from London. I like your style of writing, were you in PR or journalism when you were working? X

Aww thanks Tibbs, it's just silly stuff, but maybe I'll put it in a book this year :). Yes I did work as a journo and then in PR for years.

sorry about your aunt susie thats so sad love but im glad she as lots of lovely messages , ohh sisusie please keep safe and warm while you have the horrid snow and naughty cats x x x x

Thanks honey!

Well the snow continues, heavier than ever - near blizzard conditions last night. Woke up to find a few abandoned vehicles on the main road outside, and today's forecast is for snow right through to Wednesday! :eek: I've never been through anything like this before, am finding it a tad scary TBH, but got plenty of food, the power and net stay on most of the time and the pipes are still OK, so will just need to ration ciggies and sit tight!

Remember little Tinsy kitten I was feeding (who got killed)? Well I've also been feeding her slightly older sister, probably only 5-6 months old but really little - another one that is all skin and bones. I brought her inside yesterday and Orbit went ballistic, and Stella kept trying to bite her, so have been locking the other two in the living room and getting her in to feed her. I hate putting her back out in the snow but from what I've read, cats are pretty hardy in snow conditions as long as they get food. She is currently mewling at the door with snow all over her little face. Breaks my heart not to have her indoors, but the other two would go mental, so cross fingers the feeding will get her through. Also giving dry food to two sweet little year old tabbies, but they clear off pretty quickly. There's a big barn in front of my house with chickens so I imagine they all curl up together and keep warm there.

Back