Susie's 2022 campaign

Nothing like a good chat with a friend to help sort your head out :) Remember, even the most confident looking person can be all chewed up inside..they just don't show it. Also, I have met very few people that have been happy with the way they look..men included.

Thanks for coconut milk info X

Wow 20 people. I don't know 20 people that I could invite to a birthday lunch and I live in my home country with all my family. In my eyes that is definitely a success in settling in to a new country.

Best of luck with the boyfriend search....though is it really a relationship you want or just companionship?

I've been very lucky with friends here, most of them met through the expat get togethers - so it will be a great laugh - and someone is driving me to the beachside restaurant so I can have some wine :D.

Re men - it's just companionship I'd like, for now anyway. My closest friend here says I need to be proactive and go on a dating site 9it turns out there is one, for expats in Italy), but that's just not for me at this stage - so will just keep pootling along in my own way and see what happens :).

image.jpeg
Happy Birthday Suzie..Eat glitter for breakfast and sparkle all day X

Happy birthday!!

Go for it with the dating site :)
Decent men are not going solely on looks, and anyway - you've got nothing to worry about - you are a gorgeous lady!!!

Thanks gals!

Had a lovely lunch with everyone (some are still there drinking liquers!) and the cute waiter was flirty with me, which always cheers me up lol.

Just about feel ready for bed now though - life in the fast lane :D

Happy Birthday lovely lady!!

Any decent man would be very lucky to have you! Online dating can work. My Mum met her other half online, and 11 years later they are still together. I met my last boyfriend online, and he was lovely, (break up was nothing to do with him as a person). And I know a few others who it has worked for. There are total buttwipes, but there are those in the real world too.

But I like your plan to just pootle on. You'll find someone if and when you are ready :)

Hope you had a lovely meal, and enjoyed lots of wine! xx

Go for the dating site. I met Paul through Internet dating and we have been together nearly 6 years and married for nearly 2.

Afternoon all!

Lunch yesterday was fab, then friends popped round for wine in the evening, so all in all, a good day - apart from a battle royale with Orbit. Her eye was all droopy so took her to our lovely vet Roberta yesterday morning, and it turns out she has scratched the cornea, poor baby. So she has to have two lots of drops in her eyes three times a day and OMG she hates it!

Re dating sites, I'll ponder that for a while - but in the meantime am buoyed up by the cute 30 something waiter (name is Gianpietro - turns out he's the owner of the restaurant) thinking I'm 14 years younger than I really am :). The friends that stayed at the restaurant after we left were talking to him and he thinks I'm gorgeous LOL - me, 10 tonne Tessie! :D. He took the cost of my lunch off the bill and brought me a liquer on the house, touching my arm as he went lol. Nice to know and have a little mild flirtation from time to time - but he's too young for me. Although it works for Joan Collins. I remember Graham Norton asked her if she was worried about the age difference between her and her husband and she replied "If he dies, he dies". Brilliant :D.

Trying to get back into CCing today but will start proper tomorrow - so I'm with you, Claire Bear!

Who hooo for a lovely little flirtation

Poor orbit cat, hope he's on the mend soon

Yay for CCing, welcome to my world :) xxx

A little flirtation can work wonders for confidence :) I'm glad you had a lovely birthday.

Good luck with the CC'ing! xx

Morning all - another hot day here today, so keeping indoors for most of it!

Great news though, looks like I've sold my flat woohoo! The housing association has found someone who passes all their assessments so they are making the offer today.

All being well he won't change his mind and it will go through smoothly!

Not got my head around food today...but two cups of tea are helping me wake up :D.

Brilliant news about having a buyer for your flat...oh just think of the lovely gadgets you'll be able to adopt:) Hope it all goes through smoothly.

Last edited:
Brilliant news about having a buyer for your flat...oh just think of the lovely gadgets you'll be able to adopt:) Hope it all goes through smoothly.

Classic - you know me too well! :D. I do, as it happens, have a list of things I want to get once the sale completes :rolleyes:- and yes cross fingers, toes and all other body parts that it goes smoothly!

Had a lovely day today - met a friend for coffee this morning and we talked nonstop (when not eating custard-filled croissants omg) for 3 1/2 hours! Told her everything that had been upsetting me about living here - and she has experienced it all, having lived here for 30 years - so it was great to say "So the water goes off, nothing I can do about it, just make sure I have bottled in the house" - and stuff like that. She thinks I should buy a cheap investment property in the UK to rent out, so am back to checking Rightmove (any excuse) :D.

Diet went so far out the window today it's in another town though - the croissant was followed by two slices of pizza - so am about to try and redress the balance a bit with some chicken salad.

Got some good news though - a friend's relative was in the recent World Transplant Games, so I wrote a press release and he has got an interview yaye - the old girl's still got it :D :D

Glad to see you're feeling better about things out there Suzie. And woohoo about the results of the press release:)

I simply must remember the phrase "my diet is so far out the window it's in another town":D Love it! X

Back