Susu's sustainable diet diary

1420 calories. day would also fit into sw extra easy.

Breakfast-made a mistake and bought the lightest soya milk. It's the one I used to use on sw so thought it would be fine but it just tastes like water. The one I like has double the calories but it's worth it for now. When I need to lower my calorie target I'll rethink. Not the best start to the day:(

According to more experienced people, if you need to lose lots of weight it's a good idea to start with around 1800 calories instead of reducing it a lot. Then you can slowly reduce it as you lose. So, don't worry about the milk :)
I really hate soya milk :/, but I'm fine with skimmed milk and recently I fell in love with almond milk.

You did well on the dinner! Seems like a good choice!

I hope your grandsons didn't have enough sweets to spoil your diet plans hahaha.

Naw, no sweeties.:sigh:

I'm taking 1870 as my target calories. If I eat too low I just feel hungry and obsess about food. If it's too high I can adjust it.

I started taking soya about 5 years ago because someone recommended it for the menopause. TOTM still like clockwork but I might get some funny weight losses/gains over the next couple of years.

The dinner kept me feeling really full. I have noticed that a big portion of protein at lunchtime curbs the urge to nibble later but I am resistant / scared to do it in case I get the munchies in the evening (a common occurrence ) and don't have any calories / syns left. I'm not a big meat eater but could (and do) eat kilos of cheese. :character00254:

I've put mfp on my laptop which lets me alter weights that my phone won't. Can't make entries when off line so not as useful as in a city, the joys of living in a rural area (4g phone 0g location).

I can hear the scales calling me but resisting. I sneakily set them up in the far corner of the boys room so I have to climb over an obstacle course of toys, bikes and trampolines to get to them. So far it's working.

With lighter soya milk, I often find that you REALLY need to shake it a lot before pouring it. It's the same with oat milk. My favourite is coconut milk, but that's not very useful to you since you're taking the soya milk for the menopause benefits! :)

Good job sending the chips back! I'm always too timid to send things back in a restaurant.

Have a great day susu x

A belated welcome :)

That's impressive you managed to send the chips back, I would of ate them and regret it rather than complain and send the dish back LOL.

Totally agree with you about watery soya milk, it's gross and not worth it. Well done for sending those chips back! What absolute torture though, but your tougher than that..try again universe haha.

Universe is trying again!

Fancied a no cook tea after running around with the boys all day. They are all home now.

Spanish chicken (tinned), chickpeas (tinned) and veg micro rice (frozen). Only I stupidly opened the wrong tin and got rogan josh which I'm really not in the mood for! I'll plough through it but I defo need pudding tonight :sigh:

I've made butterscotch angel delight using the soya milk. 320 calories. result.

I hope so. I'll TRY to keep some for tomorrow as I'll have to eat the other half of the spicy dogfood but this time without the mediterranean rice !

1433 calories, defo not a sw day, loads of syns. I've got to make this a real world eating plan though and the angel delight was lush.

So, lunch.

I ordered chicken stuffed with haggis and wrapped in bacon with new potatoes and veg. When it came they had given me chips instead of potatoes so I sent it back.(good girl). The potatoes, when they eventually arrived, came with 2 pats of butter so I used 1 which seemed like a good compromise. Butter is my nemisis, well one of them. No dessert, no milky coffee.
Overall think I made a reasonable choice. Not a full roast with extra yorkshires nor a boring pasta with tomato sauce and a bit of basil.

I estimate 889 cals.

That sounds delicious, I LOVE haggis, my dad was Scottish so I got a taste for it while visiting family years ago

Tracy x

Evening girls.

Tracy, I'm Scottish btw.

Got home tired and hungry. I've binned the curry and I'm making ham, egg, sw chips and green beans. It's a long time since I've made sw chips. I hope I haven't lost the knack. Could have made it a sw ee day but I've had 2 hexb's already and not enough veg.

Read a wee bit about the sw eesp. I'll give it a go sometime. I lose on ee but it would be nice to have 2hexb.

I'm supposed to go swimming tonight with daughter in law. Bet she calls it off. (Wishful thinking?)

A colleague once told me that it's really difficult to lose weight in Scotland because every thing is fried and there are lots of delicious and fat food.

Back