Extra Easy Suzy's Journey to reinvention. New life, love and happy ever after ??

Hi
I have started a new diary as I need to put some closure on 2016.

Here is the Bridget Jones style hilights of 2016
Weight = maintain
Alcohol = Not enough considering ( lol )

So here is the high's and low's on the roller coaster of 2016 ( I pray this can not be repeated )

January - looking forward to a new year with the boyfriend.
February - Split up with the boyfriend for a few weeks then got back together. So all still good.
June - First 2 week holiday ever with the BF in our very long relationship. 5* hotel in Courfu. Everything just purfect. Met his family at a christening.
July - we split up for good. ( We are still friends and have both moved on but stilll there for each other. He has someone else. So not going back )
November - My brother go married.
3 days later my mum had a heart attack and died.
I was left to arrange everything myself. After my brother and his wife had got us to agree to the venue if the funeral, that we could do the buffett and the music at the crematrium.
After the funeral. They then said I had shut them out and I had hurt them. Also as I was too cheeful and friendly to people at the funeral I was disrespectful to my mum. The truth was mum and I would go out every Thursday after I had weighed in and would sometimes discuss what she would want at her wake. The answer was always the same. Go to the pub talk about the good times and enjoy a drink together. I had a friendly nature ( which is comming back after it was knocked out of me with all the shouting and gossiping behind my back. ) and for me to be any different with the people that were at the funeral would have been more disrespectful to mum.
Have the men in the white coats come and dragged me away.... NO.... Because I have two amazing friends ( @skinnydawn & Helen ) and there husbands, my dad, the ex and his family, my Aunti Pat and Uncle Graham, June and Lawrencenall looking out for me. This is my Family.
After 41 years of trying to please my Auntie Y and a few other members of my family putting them before me and getting the nickname of Cinderella. It has all come to a grinding hault and it is now my time.
Bring on 2017 and all you have to throw at me.

You have a clean slate now, good luck! :)

Like Wolf has said you have a clean slate now.
It is time to put yourself first and leave the negative ones behind you. It's not healthy having them in your life.

Good luck for 2017 and make it your year.:)

I always say "just because they are related to you it doesn't mean you have to talk to them or have anything to do with them"
Personally be it my brother or my sister, I would make a stranger of anyone who treated me like that. Only have good people who value you as a friend and person and forget the rest. Good luck in 2017 Hun

I always say "just because they are related to you it doesn't mean you have to talk to them or have anything to do with them"
Personally be it my brother or my sister, I would make a stranger of anyone who treated me like that. Only have good people who value you as a friend and person and forget the rest. Good luck in 2017 Hun
Thank you.
I am trying to do that but I don't want to make my dad choose or get stuck in the middle.
Hope you have a good 2017 too. Xx

It's been over a year since we last heard from you. How did 2017 go ?:)

Hi
I have been on an alternative site.
I'm leaving that site as I need some closure on a rocky 12 months..

But the very long story made very short is I'm back on here. Back Home.
I have an amazing boyfriend of 7 weeks. My brother is talking to me. ( As long as other family members no around )

But would not have made it though with out the support of @skinnydawn and her family.

Will pop back later. Sadly just grabbing my lunch.😊

Welcome back to Minimins.:)

Good to read your brother is talking to you,you have support from @skinnydawn and family and you have a new man in your life.:classic_smile:

Nice to have a fresh start and to put the past behind you.:)

Ooh lovely to see you back Suzanne! The ladies on here are really supportive 😊 It’s so demoralising when people expect help on their own diaries but then don’t visit others 😟 We all lead busy lives but I think it’s a two way streak, and you always offer lots of support x
Are you looking forward to WI tomorrow?
P.S. Not easy trying to post from the back of a bumpy ambulance! 🚑

Hi. Its taken me a while. .... A lot of opening and closing ... even typing..deleting before posting but I'm here.
My head is not in a diet mode by any means but here feels like a safe place to share to be me and off load. Some feel if they do this it helps and the food does fall into place. So please forgive me if its too much but you must know I will support you as much as I can as minis has me over the years. There is a lot going on so please dont be mad if I dont reply same day but I will xx

OK so I'm back as promised.
The update ...
Still with Chris he is perfect. So caring and thoughtful. He has given me his old mountain bike. ( I had not ridden for over 25 years ) I'm loving it. We have been on out first holiday together. We stayed in a cottage in the peak district lots of walking very relaxing.

As I said things are a little mad. Mainly with our families. Since my mum died 16 months ago her best friend ( Anutie June ) has looked out for me. She has cancer and they have found a new growth in one of her lungs. The consultants are currently looking if cheamo would be a possible treatment.
My dad's sister ( Aunt Chris.) Was admitted into Willen Hospice yesterday. She has cancer of the brain the swelling has started to cause dizzy spells and causing her lo lose her balance. Plus Chris's dad had an operation a few months back and there has been complications and the operation wound is not healing properly. However he is home and comfortable.

So all in all I'm OK over the years I have found that there are people out there with bigger issues and battles to fight. As I have an amazing best friend, Chris and dad it will be fine.

So. I shut down the laptop and started cleaning after my last post. Just finished. Nice sparkly home again. 😉
Chris has called and we have arranged to meet in milton keynes cinema and see a thr potato pie society film. Really looking forward to it.
Talked to my cousin today and meeting up for breakfast tomorrow at the local cafe he goes back to Canada on Wednesday no his mum is settled in the hospice hes got to go back to work.

Nice to have you back :classic_smile: after all whats been going on with your family.:classic_frown:

Hope you enjoy the film.:classic_smile:

Now my garage is finished I can now have my bike back. I love cycling as here it's flat with lots of cycle paths.

HI All,
The film was good. It was nice to just switch off for a while.
Had breakfast with Tom earlier. It was good to catch up with him and for him to meet Chris. Planning a TV afternoon with Chris and then we have tickets for Ruby Turner tonight at the Stables.
Weather still rubbish so no cycling and all the cleaning done.

Goodness me you're having a rough time of things! If you can find a way to fit it in it might be worth it just to increase your energy levels. Maybe having a bit of time once a week to plan things. I tend to plan things around that week's events, e.g. last week I knew I was going to be far from home and go food shopping right after work and to bring lunch with me, Saturday mornings my son has swimming lessons at 9am and I swim too, so something light followed by an early lunch is usually the order of the day, Thursdays he's got after school club and will be ravenous so something quick and filling is a good idea.

The phrase "you can't pour from an empty cup" keeps me in mind for taking time and effort for myself. That time for me, whether to plan, swim, cook etc, seems selfish, but ultimately it makes me a better friend, mother, daughter etc and if I don't take it, I will burn out and be no use to anyone.

Take care of you my lovely.

Back