Sw 2nd time around. Miataiblues weightloss diary

Yay! Finally managed to add this weeks food pics :) xx

Skipped lunch yesterday :-( but I made good choices for the rest of the day so it's not all bad.

It's the kids swimming lesson on a Friday and then my dad visits and we have staying up night with films and snacks so not the best day for staying on track but, I'm pleased to say, I nailed it :) . I worked out the syns for everything they had and then chose what I wanted that was within my syn allowance. The whole lot was a massive 31 syns! And to think I used to have that every Friday night. It's not too bad for them as they don't have sweets/chocolate through the rest of the week but I'd still have chocolate or crisps most nights aswell. It doesn't take a genius to work out why I piled all the weight back on :-/ .

We had dippy eggs and soldiers with 2tsps of flora light (heb + 1 syn) for breakfast with a yellow plum after. For tea I introduced my dad to mushy pea curry and sw chips. He thought my daughter was joking at first when she said how much she loved mushy pea curry lol but he admitted he would never have guessed what was in it and how tasty it was. I chose a pack of sunbites (6 syns) and a caramel freddo (5 syns) with an apple and a clementine for my snacks xx

Total syns for the day = 12

Attachments

• image-1023220192.jpg
    image-1023220192.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 69
I had weetabix (heb) with soya milk (hea) and chopped banana for breakfast. For lunch I made a huge veggie quiche with peppers, onions and mushrooms. I forgot how much I like it and also how handy it is to have in the fridge for a quick syn free snack! I had it with gherkins and pickled beetroot. Tea was pasta bolognese and salad. I decided to use my syns on a yogurt (1.5 syns) and a Rolo cookie (9 syns) that's been tempting me since last night. I've got to say, it wasn't worth the syns lol xx

Total syns for the day = 10.5

Attachments

• image-505818031.jpg
    image-505818031.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Today I just wanted to eat junk! Luckily I managed to stop myself but it was hard. It's not like I'm feeling deprived because I'm having some kind of treat every day but I was just craving everything that's not sw friendly lol.

Breakfast was toast (heb) with 2tsp flora light (1 syn) and marmite with an apple. Lunch was sw quiche with cherry tomatoes and celery and tea, since it was just for me, was leftover mushy pea curry from the freezer and lemon and coriander couscous (2 syns). Sw version of a ready meal lmao :) . I had a nume yogurt (1.5 syns) and a caramel cake bar (6.5 syns) with a pear for my syns which took away a bit of the junk craving lol xx

Total syns for the day = 11

Attachments

• image-3787572671.jpg
    image-3787572671.jpg
    460.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Loving your diarym thanks for posting your pic too.

You will do great this week I bet, it might just take a week to catch -up :)

Well the junk cravings have gone for now so that's something :)

We had dippy eggs and soldiers (heb) with 2tsp of flora light (1 syn) for breakfast. Lunch was quiche (yet again, lol) with gherkins and pickled beetroot and tea was sausages (2 = 2 syns) and mash with carrots, broccoli and gravy (2.5 syns). I made a delicious (if I do say so myself lol) lemon mousse for after tea. I'm thinking of making it tomorrow for taster night. I used the rest of my syns on a caramel wafer bar (4 syns) and I've just munched through 2 apples, I seem to have a thing about apples at the moment xx

Total syns for the day = 9.5

Attachments

• image-470266030.jpg
    image-470266030.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 58
The dreaded weigh day has arrived lol. I've had toast (heb) with 4tsp of blackcurrant jam (2 syns) and a clementine. I usually only have breakfast before weigh-in and then have tea afterwards (like having lunch is really going to make me put a stone on lmao). Really, really hope I get my half stone tonight. XXfingerscrossedXX xx

Thanks Sarah, I have shineys!!

I lost 2.5lbs, got my half stone award and sotw too! :-D

It looks like I might be using flexi syns today though after going quite a lot over syns :-( . I had a bit of a blowout with my tea (well a lot of a blowout actually lol). I decided to treat myself to a chicken burger and I think I must have chosen the highest synned chicken burger in Asda! All 14 syns of it! I had it with lettuce and 1tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syns) in a half and half roll (7 syns), sw chips (with another tbsp of mayo 0.5 syns), lettuce (with yet another tbsp of mayo 0.5 syns) and a corn on the cob. So a whopping 22.5 syns on one meal. WOW! I did have a giant nectarine from my sotw bag afterwards (like that's going to magically undo any damage :-/ ). Probably a good idea to be on my best behaviour for the rest of the week xx

Total syns for the day = 24.5 :-o

Attachments

• image-1515743049.jpg
    image-1515743049.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3807540408.jpg
    image-3807540408.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 43
Congrats on the award!! And love yours diary... Following for food ideas (I really need to get back to it!!) xx

Had a really good day today so definitely back on track :) . I think I must have lost my weight from my stomach as our eldest told me today that my 'boobs are bigger than my tummy now' lmao :-D .

I've been pretty exhausted today as our middle little gremlin decided she wanted to get up with daddy when he got up for work at 4am!! :-( . My sleeping pattern has changed since being back on sw, I don't know if it's to do with the diet or just coincidence but I haven't been getting tired until 2-3am so last night I got around 2hrs sleep and had a banging headache all morning :-( . I did have an unintentional nana nap on the sofa after the 2 youngest had gone to bed tonight though lol.

For breakfast we had banana, pear and plum topped with fat free fromage frais (the kids had their full fat yogurts as our eldest has to have a higher fat diet). Lunch was sliced cucumber, celery and yellow pepper with 100g of cottage cheese with chives (1.5 syns). For tea we had chicken chow mein and then my last synned yogurt (1.5 syns) xx

Total syns for the day = 3

Attachments

• image-4262222155.jpg
    image-4262222155.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 56
Food looks yum!! Not sure your lunch would keep my full tho!!
Do u feel hungry after it? (Or during the afternoon) I think if have a mug shot with it...or a hex b of ryvitas...what was your hex b? X

Ooops! Thanks Cai, I didn't even realise that I hadn't had my heb :-/ probably because I was feeling rough so deviated from my usual toast/weetabix for breakfast lol and I only actually followed my food list for tea. Does it make much difference not having hea/heb do you know? Or is it more about getting calcium/fibre? Hope I haven't turned a good day into a bad day.

Lunch was really yummy! I only had that because it was around 3 ish that I realised I'd fed the kids but not myself and I usually make tea for around 5. Almost slipped back into bad habits lol xx

Ooops! Thanks Cai, I didn't even realise that I hadn't had my heb :-/ probably because I was feeling rough so deviated from my usual toast/weetabix for breakfast lol and I only actually followed my food list for tea. Does it make much difference not having hea/heb do you know? Or is it more about getting calcium/fibre? Hope I haven't turned a good day into a bad day. Lunch was really yummy! I only had that because it was around 3 ish that I realised I'd fed the kids but not myself and I usually make tea for around 5. Almost slipped back into bad habits lol xx

The odd day won't make much difference...I've known me have 2 x hex b's one day and none the day after to make it up ha ha. This is not what the rule book says of course hehe x

Lol I'm not the best at following rules! :-D

Had another good day today (remembered my heb lol) so hopefully I may be undoing the damage although I'm still going to be extra good all week just to make sure.

Back to toast (heb) with 4tsp of blackcurrant jam (2 syns) with a pink grapefruit. Lunch was mushroom omelette with cottage cheese with chives (only had 70g left but not sure how to syn so just synning on 100g - 1.5 syns) with 1tbsp brown sauce (0.5 syns). Had a really scrummy tea of Moroccan style meatballs and roasted vegetable couscous and 2 yogurts for after as they were going out of date xx

Total syns for the day = 4

Attachments

• image-3328718940.jpg
    image-3328718940.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 55
Staying up night tonight so wasn't as good as I could have been (although not as bad as I could have been either lol).

Breakfast was toast (heb) with 4tsp blackcurrant jam (2 syns) and a giant pear. Almost forgot lunch again as I was busy packing lol but managed to quickly whizz up some smash potato cakes and 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns). We had baked chicken risotto for tea and mini cheddars (6.5 syns) and another giant pear for staying up night. I swapped my fudge bar for a caramel wafer bar (4 syns) after I realised the fudge would take me over syns xx

Total syns for the day = 14

Attachments

• image-21872230.jpg
    image-21872230.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 49
Well done on sticking to syns!! X

Thanks Cai I would have had both plus the rest of the snacks without giving it second thought a few weeks ago. I worked out the syns for everything on staying up night last week and the total was 31 syns!

Today we had omelette with mushroom, spring onion and 1tbsp of brown sauce (0.5 syn) for breakfast (although mine turned into a bit of an omelette mess lol). Lunch was butternut squash soup and then for tea we had turkey burgers with 2tbsp of extra light mayo (heb + 1 syn), fries, gherkins and salad with another 2tbsp ex light mayo (1 syn). I used to make these burgers last time I did sw and I forgot how yum they are, really moist. I can't wait to sneak the spare ones for lunch tomorrow :-D . I had yesterday's fudge bar (5.5 syns), an apple and a clementine for my night time munchies, well worth the wait lol xx

Total syns for the day = 8 syns

Attachments

• image-4080486809.jpg
    image-4080486809.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 46
Back