Sw 2nd time around. Miataiblues weightloss diary

Well I needn't have worried, our eldests first day was great apparently although she's not too impressed with the food after moving from packed lunches to school lunches for the first time in around 6 years. They have toast and milk at registration and the toast didn't taste like the toast that I make and the new potatoes that she had at lunch didn't taste like the ones I make either lol. If that's all that she found fault with then I'm happy! :)

Today's breakfast was weetabix (heb) with banana and almond milk (hea). I almost forgot lunch :-/ . The first day of the kids being out of the house and I'm already on the verge of slipping back into bad habits but when I remembered I had a jacket topped with a mix of cottage cheese with chives, celery, green pepper, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Tea was gammon round with pineapple, 'fried' egg, marmite chips and salad with 2tbsp of ex light mayo (1 syn). I've just had 2 chocolate digestive bars (5 syns each) dipped in coffee (nom nom!) and a pear for my treat.

I've just whizzed up some paté for breakfast tomorrow as it's the hubby's day off (as it was today) so I have the luxury of time to eat lol. He's also nipped to the £ shop today and got me a pack of each flavour of Alpen light bars so that's me set for the next few weeks! xx

Total syns for the day = 11

Attachments

• image-2088712036.jpg
    image-2088712036.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 52
Well today didn't exactly go to plan. Both me and the hubby fell back to sleep after the alarm and woke up half an hour before our eldests school bus was due :-( . I assumed that we would be having breakfast at McDonald's with some mums from school as that's our usual breakfast haunt as it's near school and I had decided to have the pate on toast and then take fruit and syn a coffee but obviously didn't have time. One of the mums remembered I was on sw and decided a cafe in town might be easier for me. I ended up choosing poached eggs on toast and a small coffee as it seemed the best choice.....until I synned it :-/ . 2 slices of wholemeal toast (heb + 4 syns). I'm assuming they use full fat margarine so 2tsps (4 syns). I wasn't sure how to syn the coffee so I synned it as a Burger King small cappuccino without sugar (2 syns) to be on the safe side and 2tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn). Pretty annoying that I could have had a Maccy's bagel with philli light and a cup of tea for only 3 syns more lol.

We had a last minute change of plan and had to go to the in laws for an hour over lunchtime so I snacked on the fruit I'd put in my bag for m's on the way there and then we nipped to Asda after for munchies to eat on the go so lunch was a bit strange. I had a 70g pack of wafer thin chicken (0.5 syns per 100g), a whole pack of crab sticks as the hubby doesn't like them and a fruit box thingy with sliced apple, mango, grapes, kiwi and blueberries. Tea was a mushroom omelette and beans as I really couldn't be bothered to cook after walking everywhere and hunting for last bits of uniform for the kids that i'd forgotten to get. It was a great body magic day though lol it sort of went something like school - town - in laws - Asda - morrisons - school - home. 9 miles in total and don't my legs and feet know it! Lol xx

Total syns for the day = 11.5 (ish)

Attachments

• image-2910503628.jpg
    image-2910503628.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 57
Swimming lessons and staying up night tonight and I've been good :)

I actually had time for a quick breakfast before we set off for school as all 3 gremlins decided to make their own breakfast and as they've all moved to school dinners, I didn't have pack up to make. I could get used to this! Lol. So I finally had my pate on toast (heb) with 2tsp of clover lighter than light (2 syns! Definitely going back to flora light). I did have 2 slices but only remembered to take a pic after I'd scranned the first slice. Almost forgot lunch as I was home alone but I just managed to save the day with jacket, beans and mushrooms. Tea was diet coke chicken with mushrooms, onions and peppers and egg fried rice. I gave up my staying up night treats for a small slice of cadburys chocolate and fresh cream cake as it's my dad's birthday (9 syns and yet again I forgot to take a pic until it was half gone. It was too much excitement at the though of chocolate and cream cake lol) xx

Total syns for the day = 11

Attachments

• image-2638003582.jpg
    image-2638003582.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 64
The chicken looks lovely!! :) - as does the cake of course! Lol x

Had a really cba day today. The gremlins have done nothing but bicker over silly things from the moment they got up and I'm tired after a very late night last night so not a good mix lol.

Breakfast was a grapefruit (really enjoyed them on hols so hoping to have one every morning) and the last of my pate on toast (heb) since the 2 eldest had it half an inch thick on their toast! I shouldn't complain that they enjoy healthy food but it's MINE! :-D .

I didn't really fancy anything for lunch so I had a pear and then the kids wanted baked bean omelette for tea so I made a bit extra and had that.

For a late tea I made 'mock'donalds. Double sausage and egg mcmuffin using 2 nume sausages (2 syns) and a kingsmill 50/50 muffin (8 syns) and 1tbsp of brown sauce (0.5 syns) with hash browns and another 2tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn) for dipping. No super free though tut tut :-/ xx

Total syns for the day = 11.5

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-1843996805.jpg
    image-1843996805.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 66
Oh my gosh your "mock"Donald's looks phenomenal! Where do you get syn free hash browns?

Had a really cba day today. The gremlins have done nothing but bicker over silly things from the moment they got up and I'm tired after a very late night last night so not a good mix lol.

Breakfast was a grapefruit (really enjoyed them on hols so hoping to have one every morning) and the last of my pate on toast (heb) since the 2 eldest had it half an inch thick on their toast! I shouldn't complain that they enjoy healthy food but it's MINE! :-D .

I didn't really fancy anything for lunch so I had a pear and then the kids wanted baked bean omelette for tea so I made a bit extra and had that.

For a late tea I made 'mock'donalds. Double sausage and egg mcmuffin using 2 nume sausages (2 syns) and a kingsmill 50/50 muffin (8 syns) and 1tbsp of brown sauce (0.5 syns) with hash browns and another 2tbsp of brown sauce (1 syn) for dipping. No super free though tut tut :-/ xx

Total syns for the day = 11.5

Omg :drool: it actually looks like the real thing! x

Thanks, the mcmuffin tastes like the real thing too (minus the greasiness of course lol) the hash browns? Not so much but they're still nice. The hash browns are homemade, just grated potato, grated onion and an egg to bind and then oven baked xx

Thanks, the mcmuffin tastes like the real thing too (minus the greasiness of course lol) the hash browns? Not so much but they're still nice. The hash browns are homemade, just grated potato, grated onion and an egg to bind and then oven baked xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm definitely trying this when I'm off crazy shifts because every time I finished a set of nights I'd go to McDonalds on the way home to get a celebratory breakfast. I do love SW but sometimes I just miss being able to go and pick up a tasty meal rather than having to make it myself, which can be so difficult when working on a&e! Thanks for the tip!

I've got to admit, I do miss the convenience of just nipping to buy something but I enjoy cooking as well.

I don't know if you've made hash browns/rostis before but just incase you haven't, you have to squeeze as much water out of the potatoes and onions as possible before mixing with the egg. Some people wrap them in a tea towel and twist but I use a potato ricer as it's much less messy and then I use a burger press to shape them and the sausages xx

I feel like I haven't stopped eating today. I tend to snack a lot while cooking Sunday lunch as I nibble the veg that I'm prepping and I'm stood next to the fruit bowl but at least it's all super free lol.

Breakfast was a grapefruit and poached eggs on toast (heb) with 2tsp of clover lighter than light (2 syns). Lunch was pea and ham soup as the hubby was at work and then we had Sunday lunch with beef, roasted veg (carrots, butternut squash and peppers), cauliflower, mash and gravy (2 syns). We usually have a pudding after lunch on Sundays but as I was stuffed I've only just had it. Meringue nest (2.5 syns) topped with fat free fromage frais mixed with sweetner, strawberries and blueberries. Definitely one of my favourite low syn pud's xx

Total syns for the day = 6.5

Attachments

• image-1668212098.jpg
    image-1668212098.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I've got to admit, I do miss the convenience of just nipping to buy something but I enjoy cooking as well. I don't know if you've made hash browns/rostis before but just incase you haven't, you have to squeeze as much water out of the potatoes and onions as possible before mixing with the egg. Some people wrap them in a tea towel and twist but I use a potato ricer as it's much less messy and then I use a burger press to shape them and the sausages xx Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've always wondered what the hell a potato ricer is for! I've never made hash browns/rostis, so this is a very useful tip. Thank you!

PS you had to shape the sausages? I thought they just came like that!

Lol they're supposed to stop you having lumpy mash but I bought it specifically for hash browns. I use an electric whisk for mash, it makes it really creamy.

The sausages were just normal low syn sausages. I took the skin off of them and pressed them so they were like McDonald's sausages lol xx

Well I logged on last night when I went to bed and that's the last thing I remember lol. The hubby's on late shift today (well it's called a late shift but it's actually still early) so the smallest 2 gremlins were woken up by his alarm at 6am so I've got plenty of time to do my diary now.

Yesterday I had 2 Alpen light bars (heb) on the way to my daughters hospital appointment. I left mine at home so I had to buy some more lol. The hubby bought me 5 boxes from the £1 shop but apparently they're only heb's if they're 70cal ones and mine range from 79-89cals so I'm still going to use these up as heb's and then maybe change to the others if it affects my losses. If not then I'd rather pay £1 per box than pay the supermarket prices lol.

Lunch was cottage cheese and ham rolls with pickles and tea was tuna mayo (1.5 syns), jacket and salad with 2tbsp of ex light mayo (1 syn). I got the munchies last night so I used my syns on a cake bar (5 syns) and a pack of cheese curls (4.5 syns) and a clementine xx

Total syns for the day = 12

Weigh-in today, best get chugging that peppermint tea lol xx

Attachments

• image-2385915639.jpg
    image-2385915639.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 40
2.5lbs off last night! :-D making it 13.5lbs all together. It looks like I'm safe from holiday weight lol. Although I'm really pleased, I can't help feeling a bit of déjà vu. Half a pound from my stone award just like when I was waiting for my half stone, I just hope I don't completely follow suit and maintain next week lol.

Yesterday I had a fry up after I'd dropped the kids at school. Bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms. Tea after weigh-in was creamy curry, which we were supposed to have the night before, using cauliflower to make the sauce and packed with peppers, onions and chicken. I don't think I added enough curry powder as it tasted very much like cauliflower and wasn't really very nice so I ate most of the egg fried rice that I had with it and picked the chicken out and left the rest.

We watched the hobbit last night so I made munchies to go with it. 12 mini Melba toasts (6 syns) and mackerel pate (1 syn) used as a dip. Much nicer than the curry lol.

My dad brought chocolate muffins for staying up night last week from cooplands and I couldn't find the syns for them anywhere so I saved mine for 'treat Tuesday' just incase it was a lot xx

Total syns for the day = 7 + the muffin

Attachments

• image-3690780757.jpg
    image-3690780757.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 47
Ohh i forgot how nice melba toasts are with laughing cow mmmm.

Well done on your losses your doing fab. Think im gonna be trying the mock donalds as thus could be a nice treat for me and kids.

Sarah xx

Well done on your loss :) half a pound is so annoying isn't it! At least you know you will defo get there next week :)

Keep up the good work!

Ohh i forgot how nice melba toasts are with laughing cow mmmm. Well done on your losses your doing fab. Think im gonna be trying the mock donalds as thus could be a nice treat for me and kids. Sarah xx

Thanks Sarah. I didn't think the Melba toasts would be so low in syns, although they're tiny lol.

I love the mock Donald's! I thought the kids would be really excited at a McDonald's meal but they just looked at me blankly lol. I realised that they probably hadn't had a breakfast from there before as we would drop the kids at school and then nip to Maccy's. Just another case of making sure the kids ate healthily but it was a completely different case for us :-/ xx

Well done on your loss :) half a pound is so annoying isn't it! At least you know you will defo get there next week :) Keep up the good work!

Thank you, the half lb really bugged me lol but I just keep reminding myself that at least I didn't gain and it's not like yesterday was my last ever weigh-in. I've got quite a few to go yet! xx

I've been really hungry all day today so I've snacked on everything super free between meals. Celery sticks, cherry tomatoes, fruit, cucumber...... I just couldn't seem to fill myself until tea.

Breakfast was a grapefruit and 2 not quite heb Alpen lights. I'm not sure that I like having them for breakfast as they're a bit sweet but they're great for the school run.

Lunch was pea and ham soup. My favourite soup so far, this time around. I used to make minestrone all the time when I last did sw and I really enjoyed it so I might make some of that next week.

Tea was lasagne (30g cheddar = hea) and salad although everyone else had chippy chips with theirs :-( . Hopefully my new actifry will be here soon, I can't wait!

I realised that I never write my hea on here as it's always the same, unsweetened almond milk, although I synned my milk today so that I could have cheese on the lasagne so 500ml of almond milk (2.5 syns).

I used the rest of my syns on a pack of cheese curls (4.5 syns) and a caramel freddo (5 syns) and I also had a yellow plum xx

Total syns for the day = 12

Attachments

• image-2139820883.jpg
    image-2139820883.jpg
    483.2 KB · Views: 40
Back