Sw 2nd time around. Miataiblues weightloss diary

Congrats on the Job! Well Done!
cheer.gif

And your syns looked good for a celebrational Dinner too :)

Thankyou :)

I think the stress of the last few days has affected my eating habits as I feel completely back on track today.

Breakfast was a banana and clementine with fat free fromage frais.

Lunch was curry loaf with pickled beetroot and 2tbsps of ex light mayo (1 syn).

Tea was melt in the middle burger using 1 babybel light (1/3rd hea) in a wholemeal roll (heb) with onions and 50g of low fat coleslaw (2.5 syns), sw chips and salad with 2tbsps of ex light mayo (1 syn).

Snacks were an apple, a pear and a pack of monster munch webs (3.5 syns).

Total syns for the day = 8

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3225685773.jpg
    image-3225685773.jpg
    379.5 KB · Views: 31
Well done on getting the job what will u be doing?
Also if I have a chicken chow mein from the Chinese would that be 8.5 syns for the whole dish?

Well done on getting the job what will u be doing? Also if I have a chicken chow mein from the Chinese would that be 8.5 syns for the whole dish?

Thanks Rie.bie, it's a volunteer LSA in primary schools. I'll be spending time in different schools to gain experience which will hopefully lead to a paid LSA job as it's the lack of 'hands on' experience that's holding me back.

I'm a bit puzzled on the chow mein :-/ I checked syns online and it says chinese restaurant/takeaway average portion - beef chow mein (450g) 8.5 syns but an average portion of chicken chow mein (380g) is 16.5 syns! Both on EE. I'm not sure why they're so different? I really hope it's not a misprint and my beef chow mein was actually more lol xx

Ahh Sunday, my favourite food day. I love a good Sunday roast although today I decided to try a recipe out of one of the sw recipe books and I wish I'd just stuck to my usual roast :-( It wasn't horrible but it wasn't worth 4 syns lol.

Breakfast was weetabix (heb) with almond milk (hea) and sliced banana.

Lunch was a repeat of yesterday, curry loaf with pickled beetroot and 2tbsps of ex light mayo (1 syn).

Tea was herb crusted pork with apple mash (4 syns), cabbage, carrots, roasties, roast parsnips and gravy (2 syns).

Pudding was chocolate and strawberry cheesecake (1.5 syns) xx

Total syns for the day = 8.5

Attachments

• image-2731686311.jpg
    image-2731686311.jpg
    426.1 KB · Views: 25
Hiya It's a pack of batchelors curry or beef flavour rice cooked following the pack instructions and blended with a tin of chickpea dhal (check syns as not all are syn free) and 4 eggs. You can add curry powder too but I don't. Pour it into a loaf tin and bake at gas mark 5 (190') for 30-40 mins until set.

I'm slightly addicted to it lol. We've got a taster evening on Tuesday so I'm making it for that as it's tasty and easy to take on the bus to group lol xx

Hmm,think I'll ask at group about the chow mein as that is quite a difference ain't it lol!
Ah how nice to work with kids ☺️.

The curry loaf is sooo nice! I've made it a few times now n used 4 eggs the first couple of times but then when I made it the third time I only had 3 eggs left so tried it with just 3 n it was just the same! So now I make it with 3 as its a few less calories!

Finally caught up on your diary. Your doing fab. I do the same ah only a stone loss when people comment. It feels wrong as you worked hard for it but in the gran scheme it feels not enough lol.

Gonna try the curried loaf as i love savoury rices'

sarah x

Hiya It's a pack of batchelors curry or beef flavour rice cooked following the pack instructions and blended with a tin of chickpea dhal (check syns as not all are syn free) and 4 eggs. You can add curry powder too but I don't. Pour it into a loaf tin and bake at gas mark 5 (190') for 30-40 mins until set.

I'm slightly addicted to it lol. We've got a taster evening on Tuesday so I'm making it for that as it's tasty and easy to take on the bus to group lol xx

thanks for that :)
Been using the snipping tool on pc to copy all these recipes to try, and added them all to my SW folder, getting quite a collection together, will be busy! :D

Hmm,think I'll ask at group about the chow mein as that is quite a difference ain't it lol! Ah how nice to work with kids ?. The curry loaf is sooo nice! I've made it a few times now n used 4 eggs the first couple of times but then when I made it the third time I only had 3 eggs left so tried it with just 3 n it was just the same! So now I make it with 3 as its a few less calories!

It is a huge difference just for changing the meat used in the chow mein :-/

I'll try the curry loaf with 3 eggs next time, like you said, even though eggs are free, it is less calories which can't be a bad thing xx

Finally caught up on your diary. Your doing fab. I do the same ah only a stone loss when people comment. It feels wrong as you worked hard for it but in the gran scheme it feels not enough lol. Gonna try the curried loaf as i love savoury rices' sarah x

Thanks Sarah :)

I tend to think more of how much I have left to lose rather than how much I've lost. Yeah I've lost 1st 8.5lbs but I still have almost 5st to go. It's like a pebble off a mountain lmao :-D

Hope you like the curry loaf xx

thanks for that :) Been using the snipping tool on pc to copy all these recipes to try, and added them all to my SW folder, getting quite a collection together, will be busy! :D

I made a recipe book last time I was on sw of our favourite recipes but I've had to update it this time as some of the hex amounts/syn values have changed lol xx

Breakfast today was a red grapefruit and a mushroom omlette with 2tbsps of brown sauce (1 syn).

Lunch was a tuna mayo salad sandwich (heb) using 2tsps of flora light (1 syn) and 2tbsps of ex light mayo (1 syn). I did take a pic but it seems to have disappeared off of my phone. I do however have a couple of 'selfies' taken by the youngest gremlin so I'm guessing the mystery is solved lol.

Tea was gammon, pineapple and egg with sw chips, salad and 2tbsps of ex light mayo (1 syn).

I had a chocolate and caramel hi-fi bar (3 syns) with a pear and plum to bump up my syns.

Weigh day tomorrow and I'm really, REALLY hoping for at least half a lb for my club 10 xx

Total syns for the day = 7

Attachments

• image-557774275.jpg
    image-557774275.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 30
Ooh I can see ur pics now!! Think its cos I have reached 20 posts cos everything appears to be different now lol!
Ur food all looks scrummy!

Thanks ladies and glad you can see the pics now Rie.bie lol.

Well I did it! 1.5lbs off and got my club 10! :-D
My next mini goal is 4lbs for my 2st award.

So yesterday's food, or lack of it, wasn't good. I definitely showed how people can gain without eating much as I was over syns but didn't even have 3 meals, it was all about choices.

Breakfast was dippy eggs with soldiers (heb) and 2tsps of flora light (1 syn).

Although I don't usually have lunch, I was a bit peckish so I had some red grapefruit and watermelon.

After weigh-in I went to my sisters for a coffee and ended up having a millionaires shortbread mocha (4 syns) and a oat and raisin cookie (13 syns). Luckily (or unluckily lol) the cookie gave me the worst heartburn ever so that was it for food lol xx

Total syns for the day = 18

Attachments

• image-1970447381.jpg
    image-1970447381.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image-4093516339.jpg
    image-4093516339.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 28
Thanks Rie.bie :)

Much better day today food wise although it could be a different story tomorrow as we're off to Magna for the day with my dad and I can't find their cafe menu online. I'm just counting on them having jacket and salad lol.

Breakfast was a grapefruit and 2 double chocolate crisp hi-fi's (heb).

Lunch was pasta mixed with onions, peppers and chopped tomatoes.

Tea was a fry up with 2 x nume sausages (2 syns), bacon, eggs, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms and cubed potatoes with 2tbsps of brown sauce (1 syn).

I pinched 5 of the hubby's ritz crackers (5 syns) whilst he sat next to me munching them (well I needed to bump my syns up lol) and I'm currently munching my way through a couple of slices of watermelon xx

Total syns for the day = 8

Attachments

• image-3478675592.jpg
    image-3478675592.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back