Sw 2nd time around. Miataiblues weightloss diary

Every plate of food you have posted looks amazing! You seem to be a fantastic cook :) Could you post the recipe for sw friendly mac'n'cheese please, it looks delicious and is a family favourite here! I'd be ever so grateful.

Well done on a fabulous weigh loss too!

Every plate of food you have posted looks amazing! You seem to be a fantastic cook :) Could you post the recipe for sw friendly mac'n'cheese please, it looks delicious and is a family favourite here! I'd be ever so grateful. Well done on a fabulous weigh loss too!

Aww thanks little :) I do enjoy cooking and like to experiment although sometimes what I picture in my head isn't what it looks like on a plate! Lmao.

I don't really measure either, a lot of ingredients is to our taste and I just tend to 'wing it' so I apologise if it's a bit off :-/

Mac cheese

1pk macaroni
Mushrooms, sliced
Onions, sliced
1pk bacon, chopped and fat removed
1 tub quark
3 eggs
1 tin chopped tomatoes
Garlic
Hex of grated cheese per person, I used Kerry low low (40g)

Preheat oven to gas 6 (200')

Cook the macaroni following pack instructions.

Meanwhile fry the onions, mushrooms and bacon in frylight until the onions are soft.

Whisk the quark, eggs and garlic together.

Once the macaroni is cooked, drain and add the onion mix, chopped tomatoes and stir through the quark mix.

Pour into an oven dish, top with the cheese and bake for 20-30 mins.

You'll have to let me know what you think. You could use a pack or 2 of cheese sauce mix and syn them instead of the quark and eggs but I try to make syn free meals as we all have big appetites so it saves me having to work out syns for extra lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yesterday was baaaaaaaddd! :-( . Magna is definitely not sw friendly. Everything on the menu came with chips. Not a jacket potato in sight (although I suppose I could have skipped the onion rings lol).

Breakfast was mushroom omlette with 2tbsps of brown sauce (1 syn).

Lunch was cheeseburger with 2 cheese slices, chips and side salad (see, I was a bit well behaved! Lol) with 1tsp of mustard dressing and a side of onion rings (although I only ate 2).

Tea was leftover veg pasta.

I roughly worked out lunch and it came in at a massive 40 syns!!! (Burger bun (10 syns), burger (4 syns), cheese (5 syns), chips (10 syns), salad dressing (1 syn), onion rings (10 syns)). I may have over guessed but I'd rather do that then guess under. Definitely need to be on my best behaviour for the rest of the week xx

Total syns for the day = 41 ish

Attachments

• image-219149592.jpg
    image-219149592.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 50
Ah well one naughty meal out of the whole week shouldn't do too much damage.ur very good the rest of the time?it may even give u a boost u never know!

Thanks for the recipe, I'll def give it a go with the quark and eggs! Hungry now after seeing yesterdays foodie pics :) x

Lol Rie.bie, I think the ? Was probably right after the start of this week. Wednesday seems to have been my only really good food day this week as today could have been better.

I need to start planning properly again as I know I'm no good at picking meals on the spot. I usually do a weekly meal plan of breakfast, lunch and tea for every day but as I was in a rush this week, I only planned teas :-/

Breakfast today was 2 satsumas and rocky road and chocolate and caramel hi-fi bars (heb) on the way to meet the hubby from work to do the weekly shop.

Lunch ended up being an apple and a banana. Not the best lunch ever lol but at least I had something. By the time I'd unpacked the shopping, sorted swimming kits and made the kids lunch it was time to set off for their swimming lesson so it was very much grab and go.

After swimming they had a Halloween party so it was a case of get home, change into their outfits and back out of the door. There were lots of naughty nibbles at the party but i'm pleased to say I resisted and stuck with a diet coke ?

We took the kids to Maccy D's on the way home for a happy meal as it was late and the hubby had already eaten as he was going to bed when we got home ready for a 4am start tomorrow so that just left me to be fed when we got home which is never a good idea as cooking a family meal means I HAVE to cook whereas when it's just me I tend to be lazy lol. I hadn't had any syns and wanted something quick which took as little effort as possible and then came my lightbulb moment! Weetabix! Lmao. So tea was weetabix (heb) with almond milk (hea) and sliced banana and this mornings hi-fi bars became 6 syns.

As I said, not a good day but I managed over the minimum 5 syns, had superfree with every meal and had my Hex's so I'm counting it as a very poor win lol xx

Total syns for the day = 6

Attachments

• image-3198386560.jpg
    image-3198386560.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 38
Yeah it could have been worse lol. I just haven't really been interested in food much this week :-/ I've noticed that I haven't been wanting my usual nightly snacks and I can't remember the last time I had chocolate that wasn't on a hi-fi bar! Very strange but not a bad thing lol.

A pretty good food day yesterday so hopefully I can stay on track until weigh-in. I should do ok on syns today as the middle munchkins homework is to try foods from different countries so We'll be having some German salami, sushi, jarlsberg and chorizo.

Breakfast yesterday was toast with 2tsps flora light (1 syn) and 4tsps of blackcurrant jam (2 syns) and an apple.

Lunch was 6 Melba toasts (3 syns) topped with quark, pickled beetroot and cherry tomatoes with an apple and satsuma.

Tea was chicken jambalaya (another food for the homework lol). It's the first time we've had it and it was delicious!

Total syns for the day = 6

Attachments

• image-191353018.jpg
    image-191353018.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 35
Hi just been reading your diary! You are doing so well I love all your food pictures. Going to try your mac and cheese one this week. Thanks for sharing :)

Hi just been reading your diary! You are doing so well I love all your food pictures. Going to try your mac and cheese one this week. Thanks for sharing :)

Hi NewMe and thanks :) . Hope you enjoy the mac cheese xx

Jambalaya looks gooood! How did u make it?

It was stunning! Clean plates all round. It's from a sw recipe book, extra easy express.

1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
350g dried long grain rice
1lt boiling chicken stock
1tsp smoked paprika
2tsps dried parsley
4tbsps tomato purée
1/2tsp tabasco
Jar of roasted red peppers in brine, drained
1 bay leaf
300g frozen mixed veg

Fry the onion, garlic and chicken for 2-3 mins

Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 mins or until the stock is almost absorbed and the rice is tender.

2 days in a row that I've been completely on track! There may be hope for me yet lol.

Breakfast was a red grapefruit followed by dippy eggs and soldiers (heb) with 2tsps of flora light (1 syn).

Lunch was leftover jambalaya.

Tea was roast pork with mash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, roasties and roast parsnips with gravy (2 syns).

I did take a pic of the nibble plate that I had when we were trying the different world foods for the munchkins homework but it's disappeared lol. I had 15g of jarlsberg cheese (half hea), 50g sushi (1 syn), 10g German salami (1 syn) and 20g chorizo (1.5 syns). We also tried honey pomelo for the first time which was my third superfree lol xx

Total syns for the day = 6.5

Attachments

• image-3002276764.jpg
    image-3002276764.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 28
oooh gonna take note of that recipe, got most of ingredients except peppers in brine :) ..oh and chicken lol

Yeah that's what appealed to me. Most of the ingredients are store cupboard staples and like you, I only needed to buy the peppers and chicken xx

Back