Sw 2nd time around. Miataiblues weightloss diary

First day of my new job today so haven't had a minute lol. I've found out I'll be working Monday, Tuesday and Friday to start with.

So yesterday's food diary.

The youngest 2 were at school but the eldest had teacher training so we had a girly shopping day and stopped at our usual greasy spoon for lunch.

Breakfast was a double choc crisp and choc and caramel hi-fi bars (heb) with an apple and a satsuma.

Lunch was jacket and tuna mayo (?) with salad and 1 sachet of salad cream (1 syn) and a peppermint tea. I'm not sure on the syns for the tuna mayo as there wasn't much mayo but I'm assuming it wasn't light/extra light lol so it could have been up to 10 syns (2 x tbsps full fat mayo).

Tea was minced beef hash and eggs.

Total syns for the day = 11 ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-764621496.jpg
    image-764621496.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 28
Lol thanks zafira. I managed a 2.5lb loss so I was ecstatic! lol.

Yesterday wasn't planned very well at all. I forgot to put my hi-fi bars in my bag so I missed breakfast and as I wasn't sure what facilities there were for lunch, I just went to Asda and got a salad bowl.

I'm off until Friday so plenty of time to plan and prep food for this week :)

Lunch was a chicken and wholewheat pasta salad (9.5 syns).

Tea was sw chips and salad (been fancying chips smothered in mayo all day! Lol) with 3tbsps of ex light mayo (1.5 syns).

Tuesday treat was a gooseberry fool (10.5 syns) and a banana xx

Total syns for the day = 21.5

Attachments

• image-543930076.jpg
    image-543930076.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 26
Here to subscribe :)
Hi Millie :)

Well done on the loss! Brilliant! Gooseberry fool? Ooh haven't had one of those for years! Wonder if there is a lower syn one anywhere? :D
Thanks zafira :) I haven't had a a gooseberry fool for years either! I can remember our neighbour having a gooseberry bush in their garden when we were kids and pinching gooseberries through the fence :-O lol. I've had a gander on syns online and apparently morrisons do a skinny gooseberry fool for 6 syns. I don't think the Asda one that I had was worth it really but I'll look forte morrisons ones when I go shopping tomorrow xx

Hi Millie :)

Thanks zafira :) I haven't had a a gooseberry fool for years either! I can remember our neighbour having a gooseberry bush in their garden when we were kids and pinching gooseberries through the fence :-O lol. I've had a gander on syns online and apparently morrisons do a skinny gooseberry fool for 6 syns. I don't think the Asda one that I had was worth it really but I'll look forte morrisons ones when I go shopping tomorrow xx

Cool, I only tend to get to Morrisons on a weds or fri, if i get one of my usual deliveries :)
the other Morrisons nearer home i can't generally be bothered to drive there:rolleyes:

Lol I usually shop on a Thursday although hubby works there which is handy for when I forget something lmao.

I feel like I'm completely back on track today :) Almost didn't have any syns but I realised so pinched some of the hubby's ritz lol.

Breakfast was rocky road and double chocolate crisp hi-fi bars (heb) with an apple and banana.

Lunch was leftover minced beef hash.

Tea was chicken, tomato and spinach curry with rice.

Snack was 6 ritz crackers (6 syns) an apple and a banana. You can tell I need to shop, only apples and bananas left lol xx

Total syns for the day = 6

Attachments

• image-1694492386.jpg
    image-1694492386.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 27
I couldn't find the skinny gooseberry fools today. Only the full fat ones which are the same syn-wise as the Asda ones :-( . I've found a few sw friendly gooseberry fool recipes but they all use fresh gooseberries which are nowhere to be seen at the moment. I'm not sure if they'd work with tinned?

I'm making a HUGE pan of minestrone soup, a curry loaf and a sw quiche at the moment so at least I'll stay on track for lunches a bit more this week lol xx

I have cooking sessions like those sometimes:D....may have another one this weekend:)
Will prob have to wait til Gooseberries are back in season :D

Do you know how many syns are in the curry loaf?....just found the recipe you posted (well , i think it was you posted it lol)

I have cooking sessions like those sometimes:D....may have another one this weekend:) Will prob have to wait til Gooseberries are back in season :D Do you know how many syns are in the curry loaf?....just found the recipe you posted (well , i think it was you posted it lol)
The curry loaf is syn free as long as you use syn free rice and chickpea dhal. The only syn free beef rice that I've found are batchelors and crosse & Blackwell and mazadar (from morrisons) and Asda chosen by you chickpea dhals are free. I'm sure I saw someone had bought some dhal from home bargains which was free too xx

Best update yesterday's food lol.

I'm not happy as I was low on syns :-( so I'm going to try to have the full 15 today to make up for it which should be easy as it's staying up night :-D

Breakfast was an apple, banana and rocky road and chocolate and caramel hi-fi bars (heb).

Lunch was minestrone soup.

Tea was gammon, eggs, chips and mushrooms with salad and 3tbsps of ex light mayo (1.5 syns).

Total syns for the day = 1.5

Attachments

• image-1334666068.jpg
    image-1334666068.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 27
I think I might try having my full 15 syns every day next week and see what happens. Some people seem to do really well using all of their syns but I've always had less. The thing that puts me off is that I use most of my syns for sauces and snacks and I don't want to eat just for the sake of eating lol.

Yesterday was pretty good.

Breakfast was an apple, plum, double chocolate crisp and chocolate and caramel hi-fi bars.

Lunch was sw quiche, a satsuma and a banana.

Tea was jacket with tuna mayo (1.5 syns) and salad with 2tbsps of ex light mayo (1 syn).

Snacks were an apple, satsuma, cookies and cream kitkat (5.5 syns) and a pack of frazzles (5.5 syns).

Total syns for the day = 13.5

Attachments

• image-2347518855.jpg
    image-2347518855.jpg
    456.6 KB · Views: 31
Another good day today :) I don't want to jinx myself lol but I think I'm finally fully on track this week. I've even written my meal and shopping lists ready for Thursday!

Breakfast today was dippy eggs and soldiers (heb) with 2tsps of flora light (1 syn).

Lunch was leftover chicken, tomato and spinach curry.

Tea was spag bol with 3 pieces of nume garlic baguette (9 syns).

Snacks were a satsuma, plum and teeny tiny kinder chocolate bar (3.5 syns) xx

Total syns for the day = 13.5

Attachments

• image-1923651382.jpg
    image-1923651382.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 26
Another good day today :) I don't want to jinx myself lol but I think I'm finally fully on track this week. I've even written my meal and shopping lists ready for Thursday!

Good for you!:)
i have been shopping and sorting stuff out for next week too :)
Made that jambalaya you did this eve.....yummy! and i got some left over to have mon :)
am going to be doing the curry loaf tomorrow and a recipe i found for some cheesy scones :D

It definitely pays to be organised on sw.

Glad you liked the jambalaya, I bet it will taste even better on Monday as things tend to do after a day or two lol :-D

I've got curry loaf for lunch tomorrow. I feel like I haven't had it for ages!

I keep meaning to try cheesy scones but haven't got round to it yet. You'll have to let me know how they taste :) xx

Back