SW and exercise

CLR

I was wondering how people have found SW if you exercise a lot?

I successfully followed SW when my smallest was born and got to target but stopped attending groups and have regained about 14lb. I tried a few times at home to follow it and would easily lose the first week then give up so i have re-joined and have followed the plan. I was really disappointed to only lose 2lb in my first week (every time before I've lost at least 4) and this week i look on for a gain (weigh in tonight

I have lots of fat to lose although I'm not overweight on the scales (body fat percentage is high), i use the gym 5 days a week and am just wondering if this is having an affect?

All i really want is a healthy body fat percentage for long term health.

2lb is a good loss! Try not to be too disheartened, and I know it's easier said than done but comparing to the past might be detrimental- your body changes so much!
The gym could well be affecting it in that you might be storing water in you torn muscles, have you tried a protein rich snack after exercising? I try and have something egg-based after a run.
Ultimately if it's body fat you want to change you're probably doing the best thing in exercising, it just might mean you have to be a bit more patient for the numbers on the scale! How high do you mean when you say your fat % is high?
Maybe you could measure that instead? Or inches?

I think with exercise you need to find a balance. As above poster said, it could be water retention from sore muscles but that would eventually pass. Some people find that exercise can make them very hungry, so they eat more than they burn off, which (in terms of losing weight) makes the exercise not good.

However it's great for your overall fitness and health so hopefully you can find a nice balance and keep the exercise (or some of it) and still lose weight.

Well it appears the first thing i need to do i throw my scales out! I spent all week feelong awful about gaining only to lose 1.5lb at weigh in so clearly they are not reading the same as SW ones.

I don't want to reduce my exercise, i really enjoy it and i feel loads better for it then i ever did before, i even need less sleep now as I'm not tired all the time.

My current BF% is 35 (it was higher, i lost about 2% from my last personal review) I'd like it to be midrange normal. I have a small frame so even though my BMI is fine and my muscle % fine i am unhealthy fat wise. If my fat gets replaced by muscle i wouldn't be upset to not lose weight but i tried exercise and no diet for about 4 months and i gained fat as i get home from the gym and binge on things like mac and cheese or eat cake for breakfast!

Back