SW and high blood pressure

Angie_b

the main reason I joined SW is ever since my baby girl was born (11 and a half weeks ago) my blood pressure has been high, it was the reason I was induced, and then kept in 4 days after I had her and I have been back to the docs almost once a week since then so I figured lose some weight. Now I have only been on it a week and have only lost 4.5lbs but my bp was completely normal when I had it checked today(it has been consistently high even on tabs the whole time). Could be a coincedence could be that my new tabs have fiiiinally kicked in but I was wondering if it had helped anyone else with a high bp??

Losing weight in general helps to lower high blood pressure I think. My blood pressure was high prior to SW but when I was last at my doctors before Xmas it had improved a lot following a weight loss of around 1.5 stone.

Congratulations on your weight loss and your blood pressure improvement!

thanks i almost fell off the char when she said what it was lmao

I've got high bp, and since starting slimming world I've lost about 4 stone (yes, I regained some weight :eek:), but my bp is still high and I'm on bp tablets. Although it's only high when I'm in the doctor's surgery - white coat syndrome! :) xx

Thanks for starting this thread Angie b. I had my bp checked last week and it was 150/100!
Went back tonight and it was 170/110 the first time she took it, then it dropped to 164/90 the second time she took it. (I also suffer from white coat syndrome). I was gutted tho as its way too high!
I have got to go back in and have it checked again in 2 weeks but also to have blood/urine tests inbetween.

I now need to get my ass in to gear and start doing SW properly. I am at least 4 stone overweight and I need to get this weight off before it starts really impacting my health. Wish me luck!!

Back