Extra Easy Days SW and positive pregnancy

Cheekypasterfield

Rather comfy here
I'm 17 weeks pregnant and have only gained 7lbs. I started SW in my seconds trimester and my weight gain has been minimal. Which is a massive difference to my first pregnancy where I had already gained nearly 2 stone by this time. Had I know abt SW before is could have saved me having to lose 4.5stone after baby one.

I feel lucky that I am know that SW plan is suitable for pregnancy. It's a shame it is that SW doesn't seem to be well publicized.

How come SW doesn't advertise/pump their plan like WW or lighter life.?

Im sure there are many pregnant women who would find it such a relief to find a healthy eating without the worry?

I am nearly 13 weeks pregnant at moment. Have done slimming world in past and still have all the books. Is there any difference if pregnant do you need to eat anything extra or is it just the same.

Thats great news!!! i'm 29 weeks and have just decided to start again as have put on over a stone, not planning on losing anything at this stage but figured i can get my head into it now, freeze up a load of meals and should be ingrained in my memory by the time baby number 2 comes!

I've actually given myself a weekly gain Target of one pound gain lol.Which at the end of my pregnancy will give me the maximum recommend amount of weight gain I should have for height and pre-pregnancy weight.

I concluded that if I work in the max range and have a few STS. I will still have the healthy weight gain.

I always thought it was excellent that you can follow SW whilst pregnant, and proof that it really is just a healthy balanced diet.

I agree that it's a shame SW isn't better advertised, but I guess they've probably worked out that word of mouth is enough advertising for them. They do have adverts in magazines and on buses and at bus shelters, I guess they just target areas where they know they'll get a bigger response. I think the set up is different to WW, as the consultants work on a franchise basis, and as far as I know, they have to split the cost of advertising within their area - probably why they go for the leaflet through the letterbox approach more often than not!

Back