SW and Pregnant

year2teacher

Ok, new food diary on here to help me try to minimise any weight gain in the last 10 weeks of my pregnancy. My weight has been up and down since I was 5 or 6, going from healthy weights to grossly overweight (in my eyes). Anyway, I lost weight and got to a healthy weight for my wedding last year in July. I then put on a stone (ish) and fell pregnant. V excitng news obviously, but I have gone off the rails a bit and have put on another 2 stone already, and I'm only 30 weeks pregnant!

So last week I started back on SW to try to minimise the damage! Also to set me off on losing weight for after the baby is born as I can see me putting it off if I don't start now! I went to a ball on Saturday and saw the first photo of myself in ages (have been avoiding the camera while pregnant!!). Not good!!

I started on 3/9/12 at 15 stone 11 3/4lbs. My wedding weight was 12 stone exactly (I'm 5' 10" so although this sounds massive, it is a healthy weight for me). I weighed in yesterday 10/9/12 at 15 stone 11 lbs, so no huge loss, but I am trying to minimise the gain, rather than lose, and I was at the ball at the weekend which involved lots of food.

From today I am planning on posting a food diary too to help me keep on track and I'll post my weight on a Monday too.

Thanks for reading :)

Sophia

Ok, here goes my food diary for today...

11/9/12

Breakfast: 2 slices wholemeal toast (HB) with 40g primula (2/3 HA), cup of tea with sweetner and milk from other third of (HA) allowance.

Snack: Bowl of raspberries and strawberries with a sprinkle of sweetners (free).

Lunch: SW chips with beans and (HA) of cheese. 1tbsp ketchup (1syn)

Snack: Mango and pear

Drinks: Water + diet coke

Dinner: North African Chickpea and Squash stew - (free) with 3 choped up dates in (3 syns) This was sooooo yummy!!

Anything else: Solero - (4.5 syns) Baked stars - (5 syns) One slice toast with 30g primula - (HB)

Totals for day - 2 HA - 2 HB - 13.5 syns

Last edited:
well done on getting back on plan..seems a good idea to get on track now as by the time the babys arrives you will have got into a bit of a routine foodwise and it wont seem so much of a shock starting aswell as looking after the baby!

Yep exactly! And we alreasy have a 5 year old too to add into the mix :)

I realise I'm not going to lose very much, but even if I maintain, I will kind of be losing as bump will be getting bigger...

Well today has been a good day, although I ate too much in the evening because I had a healthy extra and syns left, silly really as I didn't need it. Still stayed within my allowances though :)

12/9/12

Breakfast: SW Magic pancakes (activia fat free yog, 35g oats, one egg, sweetener, cinnammon) - (HB) with raspberries and 10g honey (2 syns)

Milk in tea - (HA)

Lunch: Wholewheat noodles with garlic, chilli, soy sauce, frylight and 2 quorn bbq sticky fillets - (free)

Drinks: Diet coke - (Free)

Dinner: Mushroom rissotini - all free ingreadients except 75ml white wine between the two of us (1.5 syns) - This was also bloody gorgeous! Would definitely recommend it :)

Anything else: An apple, banana (free) and a kinder bueno bar, which said
123 cals (6 syns) on outside, but found out after I ate it that that was for half the bar!!! so a massive (12syns). Had 2 ryvita (HB) and a (HA) of primula and quorn ham when we got back from NCT.

Totals for day - 2 HA - 2 HB - 15.5 syns - gutted I went over. It was completly inadventently. I won't make that mistake again but I really think the packaging should be clearer!!

Last edited:
Have to say those magic pancakes were delicious! Not sure I would use the syns for the honey again though, would probably stick to splenda, although it did make them feel more decadent! I'm off for a pregnancy massage in a bit, can't wait! And NCT class in the evening - must avoid the biscuits! Planning on taking some fruit instead as they go from 7.30 to 9.30 so we have to have our dinner really early and I was starving when I got back last week!

13/9/12

Breakfast: 2 slices WW danish bread (HB) with 30g primula (half HA - other half in tea (I don't drink much)) with a slice of quorn ham (free). Bowl of stawberries (free).

Snack
: Raspberries, packet of quavers - (4.5 syns)

Lunch: SW chips (we have lots of potatoes from our allotment, hence lots of SW chips!) with 2 egg omlette and 30g cheese (HA) with 2 tbsp ketchup (2 syns)

Drinks:

Dinner:
SW chickpea curry with rice (free)

Anything else:
Mango (free), WW bakewell slice (4 syns), Solero - (4.5 syns), more stawberries

Totals for day - 2 HA - 1 HB - 15 syns

Last edited:
Well i have tried to get productive today. I have been meaning to paint this chest of drawers for ages for the baby's room. So I finally did it this morning. Also sorted out a few boring bank bits too. I'm going to make lunch now then try and do my hypnotherapy cd this afternoon.

Hello and congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited to have found your diary, I'm also pregnant and following SW. I'm 23 weeks, due in the new year. This is my second time following SW whilst pregnant. I was very successful first time around, only put on 2st total which I lost pretty much within a week of giving birth! Unfortunately everything went downhill when I decided I could eat like a rugby player because I was breastfeeding, not so! So anyway gained a bunch of weight, lost it all and got to target and decided to try for no. 2 then slowly regained about 10lbs, got pregnant straight away and now I'm trying to keep pregnancy gains to a minimum through SW! The first 4 months were hell and all I wanted to eat was bread bread bread with lots of butter so I know I've gained more than I should at this stage, though I haven't weighed myself. I'm just focusing on eating great food and keeping healthy and baby nourished! Drop by my food diary when you have a moment, I love cooking and always looking for a way to make my favourite dishes SW friendly!

14/9/12

Breakfast: Banana, then magic pancakes with berries and sweetener later on (HB for the oats). (HA) milk in tea ( I never use all this...)

Snack
: Quavers (4.5 syns) and diet coke (free)

Lunch: Spaghetti with cherry toms, frylight, fresh basil and 30g cheese (HA)

Drinks: Diet coke - too much (free)

Dinner:
Pizza quorn chicken (HA for mozerella) with sweet potato wedges, green beans and garlicky mushrooms (free)

Anything else:
WW Bakewell slice (4), tangerine (free)

Totals for day - 2 HA - 1 HB - 8.5 syns

Last edited:
Hello and congratulations!!!!! I'm so excited to have found your diary, I'm also pregnant and following SW. I'm 23 weeks, due in the new year. This is my second time following SW whilst pregnant. I was very successful first time around, only put on 2st total which I lost pretty much within a week of giving birth! Unfortunately everything went downhill when I decided I could eat like a rugby player because I was breastfeeding, not so! So anyway gained a bunch of weight, lost it all and got to target and decided to try for no. 2 then slowly regained about 10lbs, got pregnant straight away and now I'm trying to keep pregnancy gains to a minimum through SW! The first 4 months were hell and all I wanted to eat was bread bread bread with lots of butter so I know I've gained more than I should at this stage, though I haven't weighed myself. I'm just focusing on eating great food and keeping healthy and baby nourished! Drop by my food diary when you have a moment, I love cooking and always looking for a way to make my favourite dishes SW friendly!

Hi Honeyoc,

Lovely to hear from you! You sound like you've had a similar experience to me. I definitely took full advantage of being pregnant first time round too. I lost 4 stone before I had my first baby, then fell pregnant, ate loads and took until she was 1 to lose it all again! I am definitely a yo-yo dieter. I'd love to just be a healthy weight long term...The amount I spend on clothes!

I shall absolutely take a look at your diary and feel free to post on here too, it's fab sharing ideas :)

xxx

Back