SW and the school holidays!

raquelscatt

Any tips for getting through the next 6 weeks without giving in to too much temptation!!

Me and my two 8 year olds break up tomorrow and I am wanting to keep focused but find it difficult at the best of times, let alone in the school holidays!

How do you cope, do you do things differently with the kids around?

Any tips whatsover please! :D

I don't do anything differently, why should we?? :confused:

I have my breakfast in the morning as normal, have my snack as normal, lunch as normal etc etc etc

If we are going away for the day I bring a picnic bag with me with everything we'll need, if I want hot food I put it in a food flask

If anything the children being off school should make it easier as you're occupied the whole day trying to do things to keep them entertained so haven't time to sit around and think about food or hoke through cupboards! :)

I agree, don't treat it as any different! Nothing needs to change. If you go out for a day, take a picnic, if you are at home just eat as you would normally eat.

Temptation gets in our way every day, the hols shouldn't make any difference.

I must admit to not buying things in "just for the kids" , so I don't have that sort of temptation. It's days out and holidays but I just make sure I pack a healthy lunch or go to SW friendly restaurants.

We tend to eat out a lot more over the summer hols and when at home, I snack a lot more and there is only so much fruit I can eat!!

I need to get a list going I think and stick to it.

Make some different snack foods - it doesn't have to be fruit. Chop up a load of veg sticks and make some hummous to dip, or have some cottage cheese to dip celery or something in.
Make an SW free quiche and cut into small squares to snack on, or save your HEX's. I have 4 ryvita and split them into 2 snacks if I need to.
Eating out - lots of options, check the Eating Out sub forum, but you know the sort of thing to have - jacket potatoes, gammon, steak, chicken salads etc.

im covering this in IT over the next few weeks, last week my members shared quick snack ideas while staying on track, i want them to be prepared as far as possible and not sabotarge (sp) all the work they have done remember those syns too

My kids have already been off for a few weeks and the only tempting thing is days out, but as the Other Posters have all said, planning is the key. Mind you, after a full day with the boys at home, I do tend to reach for the wine bottle after bathtime!!

Back