SW application sort of...

Rissole76

Hi guys
I have been doing sw for a bit now and wanted to use my iphone to track what I was eating. There is no application for sw (yet) and even when one does come out, it may well be for SW member only ie you can only log on with passwords etc. I have figured out a good way to use a free application to track what you are eating the SW way, and whats even better is, that as people use it, it builds up their database with your input. Now where this is interesting is that you can create your own foods with the brand name "Syns" and it saves it for all users to search. This is in essence a calorie tracking application, but you can use it for slimming world instead. Hope this is making sense. So for example I can log all my normal food ie all free food, all Hex, etc and it will show their calories (if you are interested) but then you can build up the Syn database as follows - create your own food ie Tesco meringue nests..
You need the following details -
Brand
Description
Serving size
Servings per container
Calories
If you were to enter it as follows
Brand - Syns
Description - Meringue nest Tesco
Serving size - 3 Syns
Servings per container - 1
Calories - (either the actual calories or 20 per syn). It works out the syns for you if you eat more than one item etc.
Then all other members can then search for your food as can you. So if you searched for "meringue syns" it will come up with your food.
Its quite brilliant really, I will attach a pic of how it looks. But I think it will really help me keep track of what Im eating, and if more people use it, the way I explained by making foods with the brand name syns, the database of syns will build more and more.
Obviously you dont have to use it, just thought Id let anyone know who wanted something to use to track their food intake. Oh, its call myfitnesspal. It also backs up online so you can access it on a computer too. And it takes a little organising when you first start but once you have entered your regular items its a breeze, you can copy meals from one day to another, create recipes blah blah blah..
Hope this helps someone else :D

Hi, that looks excellent, will this only work with an iphone, I have an htc desire z, thanks hun...xx

Just did a search for android app and it says there is one! X I'm a bit excited if we all start logging our syns the database will fill up very quickly with them! And I really can't see the official sw application being free, ie you'll need to subscribe.

Ooh ooh, just realised if u create a food with the brand name hea or heb we could also build the hex database up too, just tried it with shredded sheathed and
It looked fab..

Attachments

• image-923704768.jpg
    image-923704768.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 53
Sorry this is better changed the description to include the weight, and changed heb to amount, so it shows as 2 heb if you say that you eat a double portion for example.. Hope
That makes sense

Attachments

• image-3294268331.jpg
    image-3294268331.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 65
I use this app, its very good, although I am surprised how low my calorie intake is some days!! I agree good for tracking exercise and water consumption too!

Back