SW Beef Goulash With Tagliatelle EE

MrsBabyCakes

Naughty Fridge Picker
Taken from Slimming World magazine Jan/feb 2010 Pg 27 Extra easy plan.

Serves 4 (although we did this for 6 people)

Personal Comments: This is a great recipe for your slow cooker because you can literally just chuck all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it work its own magic. So its great for those that work!

My family and guest (who was a child) gave this a 5 out of 5 thumbs up! It was extremely delicious and rich and full of flavour. It will definitely be done again.

Ingredients and preparation :

Goulash:

Fry light
1Ib 8oz/681g Braising steak all fat removed, cut into chunks
Lrg onion, roughly chopped
397g mushrooms sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 1/2 tsp Paprika, (pinch to to garnish)
283g jar flame grilled roasted peppers in vinegar drained and chopped (tip: you can buy these in the 99p store!)
1 level tbsp tomatoe purée
2 tbsp bovril concentrate

Serving with:

400g dried tagliatelle
1/2 savoy cabbage shredded (steamed, we did brocolli as well)
4 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais

For slow cooker: just chuck everything into for the Goulash into your slow cooker and cook on a slow heat all afternoon!

Casserole version: Heat your frying pan with frylite and fry of the beef til brown to seal, then put it in a casserole dish.

Spray the pan again with frylite and cook the onions then add the mushrooms and garlic for about 5 mins then add the paprika in the last minute, then add this to the casserole dish. then add the peppers, tomatoe puree, Bovril and 1/2 pint boiling water and stir over the heat til until simmering then cover and cook in the oven for two hours, stirring occasionally. Gas Mark 4 or 180C (we did this lower as we have a fan oven)

Serve with the tagliatelle and cabbage on the side, and add the tbsp of fromage fraise on top of each serving of Goulash.

img0588d.jpg

I cooked this last night and it was amazing. We had it with boiled rice though and no fromage frais or cabbage. One mistake we made was adding half a pint of boiling water to the slow cooker which made it a bit watery. Will definately be cooking this on a regular basis - thanks! (she says stuffing her face with the left overs!)

Can anyone tell me how many syns is in this receipe please?

Thank you. I haven't cooked this for ages so I had forgotten. I made a batch on Sunday and have been having it for lunch in work with spinach. It's so yummy so great to know there are no syns :)

Taken from Slimming World magazine Jan/feb 2010 Pg 27 Extra easy plan.

Serves 4 (although we did this for 6 people)

Personal Comments: This is a great recipe for your slow cooker because you can literally just chuck all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let it work its own magic. So its great for those that work!

My family and guest (who was a child) gave this a 5 out of 5 thumbs up! It was extremely delicious and rich and full of flavour. It will definitely be done again.

Ingredients and preparation :

Goulash:

Fry light
1Ib 8oz/681g Braising steak all fat removed, cut into chunks
Lrg onion, roughly chopped
397g mushrooms sliced
2 cloves garlic crushed
1 1/2 tsp Paprika, (pinch to to garnish)
283g jar flame grilled roasted peppers in vinegar drained and chopped (tip: you can buy these in the 99p store!)
1 level tbsp tomatoe purée
2 tbsp bovril concentrate

Serving with:

400g dried tagliatelle
1/2 savoy cabbage shredded (steamed, we did brocolli as well)
4 tbsp very low fat natural fromage frais

For slow cooker: just chuck everything into for the Goulash into your slow cooker and cook on a slow heat all afternoon!

Casserole version: Heat your frying pan with frylite and fry of the beef til brown to seal, then put it in a casserole dish.

Spray the pan again with frylite and cook the onions then add the mushrooms and garlic for about 5 mins then add the paprika in the last minute, then add this to the casserole dish. then add the peppers, tomatoe puree, Bovril and 1/2 pint boiling water and stir over the heat til until simmering then cover and cook in the oven for two hours, stirring occasionally. Gas Mark 4 or 180C (we did this lower as we have a fan oven)

Serve with the tagliatelle and cabbage on the side, and add the tbsp of fromage fraise on top of each serving of Goulash.

img0588d.jpg
This looks ace but just wondering if I could adapt it for a green day as I dont like peppers, got a prob with veg I would have to just put in a HEB of beef and then eat it with rice. Could cope with the onions and tom and mushrooms in it though. Thanks for the recipe

Back