SW Challenge - 5 ingredients or less!

rumbletummy

Silver Member
So here's the challenge...

Add your SW recipes here using only 5 ingredients or less!!

Salt, pepper, Fry Light and water are the only extra ingredients allowed!!

Enjoy!! xx

Last edited:
This is harder than I thought.

Carrot Soup(no idea where I pinched this from)

1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
4 large carrots, sliced
600ml of chicken stock
salt and black pepper to season
Frylight/Pam spray

Method
Spray a large saucepan with Frylight or Pam spray and add the onion and carrots, cook for approx 8 mins, adding a little of the stock if they start to stick.
Add the remaining stock, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for approx 30 mins.
Season with salt and pepper and then put through a blender until smooth

SIMPLE HAM AND EGG PIES - Syn Free if using milk and cheese as HE's !
Makes 4

Ingredients:

4 slices good quality lean cured ham
2 free-range eggs, beaten
125ml semi-skimmed milk (from HEa)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
28g reduced fat mature cheddar (HEa or 4 Syns)
1 tomato, sliced

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Use frylight to oil 4 moulds of a deep muffin tin. Line the base and sides of each mould with a slice of ham, folding the ham where necessary to make a cup shape. Thrim the top if necessary.
2. Mix together the eggs and milk; season. Sprinkle the cheese into each ham-lined muffin mould, then pour the egg mixture of the top. Place a slice of tomato on top of each pie.
3. Bake the pies for 15-20 mins until the egg filling has risen and set. Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.

Thanks Kerry! Thought I'd add one too! (From Easy Cook Mag)

Red Lentil Dahl (Syn free green and EE)

2 onions
200g dried red lentils
1-2 tbsp curry powder
400g can chopped toms
850ml hot veg stock (veg oxo cubes in water!)

Fry onion in fry light for 2 mins, until lightly coloured. Stir in lentils and curry powder, then add tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 mins until the lentils are soft.

SIMPLE HAM AND EGG PIES - Syn Free if using milk and cheese as HE's !
Makes 4

Ingredients:

4 slices good quality lean cured ham
2 free-range eggs, beaten
125ml semi-skimmed milk (from HEa)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
28g reduced fat mature cheddar (HEa or 4 Syns)
1 tomato, sliced

1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Use frylight to oil 4 moulds of a deep muffin tin. Line the base and sides of each mould with a slice of ham, folding the ham where necessary to make a cup shape. Thrim the top if necessary.
2. Mix together the eggs and milk; season. Sprinkle the cheese into each ham-lined muffin mould, then pour the egg mixture of the top. Place a slice of tomato on top of each pie.
3. Bake the pies for 15-20 mins until the egg filling has risen and set. Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.

This sounds yummy! :D Thanks! xx

P.S. Meant to add that you can have 42g of RF cheddar as a HeA hun :) xx

Not really sure if this counts...

Beef Casserole

Leak Stewing Steak
Casserole Veg (I use frozen so even though there is different types it is in the same pack?!)
2 Beef OXO cubes
Bay Leaf
Mixed Dried Herbs

Brown the meat with fry light, put in a casserole dish with all other ingredients and pop in the oven on a medium heat for around 2 hours stirring regularly. Also nice with a spoonful of bovril mixed in and some potatoes but that is more ingredients...

Came across this thread & thought I would bump it to get some new ideas. Get your thinking caps on ladies and gents

I'd recommend a recipe I seen on here...

Chicken breast - raw
Chopped tomatoes
Mixed peppers
Mushrooms
Fajita mix

Simply mix ingredients apart from chicken and pour over the chicken in a casserole dish and bake in oven for 20-25 mins. It's so easy and tasty and just 1 syn.

S

ORIENTAL BAKED FISH
free on original & ee plan, 5.5syns on green. Serves 4

250g frozen sliced mixed peppers
520g frozen fish fillets
3tblsp soy sauce
1 large clove garlic, crushed
Juice of 1 large lime.

Pre heat oven to 190*c/gas 5

Place peppers into ovenproof dish & arrange fish on top.

Mix soy sauce lime juice & garlicin a small bowl then pour over fish.

Bake for 25mins until fish is cooked.

Serve with veggies of choice

How about mushroom risotto?

Onion
arborio rice
mushrooms
Veg stock cube
parmesan cheese

Add the veg stock cube to the boiling water, cook the onion in a cooking pan sprayed with Fry Light, when soft add the rice, stir about until coated by the onions, add the stock 2 ladles at a time until it has almost all gone, add the chopped mushrooms, continue until the stock has all gone, drain then return to the pan, add the cheese and cover for 5 mins, plate up and enjoy!

Broccoli and 'Stilton' soup?

3 heads of broccoli (or a bag of frozen)
4 onions
1 1/2 pints of chicken stock (from cubes)
Garlic cloves (2 or 3 but I like my garlic :) )
1 tub Quark

Chop the onions and garlic really finely. Cut off the broccoli florets and finely chop the stalk (waste not want not!) and sweat the stalk, onions and garlic over a low heat with Frylight until nice and soft. Chop the florets and add to the mix with the stock, let it simmer away until cooked then cool. Add the quark and stir through, the quark will separate a little but once you blend it with a hand blender it is usually fine. This will make loads and tastes properly nice, it's one of the SW recipes that my boyfriend is always asking me to make!!

Leek, Parsnip & Potato Patties

1lb leeks sliced
2lbs. Potatoes sliced
1 tbsp. VLF fromage frais
1lb parsnip peeled & sliced
1 ½ oz reduced fat cheddar (Healthy Extra B)

Boil potatoes & parsnips together, add salt to taste, when cooked, drain & mash together,
Leave to cool & then stir in 1 tbsp. fromage frais into mix, add leeks, then divide into 5 portions
Cover each portion with 1 1/2oz grated cheddar, bake in oven for 25 minutes at gas mark 2

Free on Green or Extra Easy :)

Can't remember where I got this recipe from but it is delish! I froze mine and just cook from frozen on a green day.

Heh, just posted this in another thread but will add it here!

Creamy saffron chicken pasta
200-250g tagliatelle
200g cooked chicken breast (I used leftovers from roast)
200g philadelphia light (70g is hexa, and this would serve 3 not so greedy people, we had two adults with seconds and a toddler!)
Pinch of saffron in hot water (not much water, just enough to flavour the water to add to the sauce)
Lemon juice is optional but totally works

Cook pasta
Heat chicken in frying pan with the saffron water and Philly
Stir into pasta and serve!

Hope Puddings are okay :rolleyes:

Banoffee Pudding
7.5 syns (serves one)
1 plain Digestive biscuit, crushed
1 banana
1 x 200g pot of toffee muller light

Put the biscuit crumbs into your serving dish.
Mash the banana (leave a few slices for decoration) and place on top of the crushed biscuit. Pour on your yogurt and pop the remaining slices of banana on top.
Chill before serving.

Back