Sw chicken kiev

Gracey67

I tried the chkn kiev recipe out of this months magazine and it was delicious !! It went down very well with family. We had with sw chips and a huge salad :)

I made this too (half quantities for 2) but my son decided to come to dinner so he & my husband had them whist I had a mushroom omelette & veg! They both said they enjoyed it + it was a lot more substantial than the usual supermarket kievs. One I will make again.

Hi new

Was going to type up the details but saw on anther thread you aren't allowed to copy from Slimming World. If you get this month's mag it's in there plus if you are registered on the SW site you can go to the recipes section & type in chicken kiev & it will come up. it is a bit different to the one in the mag though.

If I've read the other posting wrong & it's only you're not allowed to cut & paste then I'll type up on here if I'm allowed. Don't want to do anything wrong or get banned. :-D

If a mod reads this then perhaps you could clarify for me please. Thank you.

What a shame! I was hoping for the recipe, my hubby loves kievs!

Don't know if this is the same one as I can't find that months magazine but here's one i found

Serves: 4
Syns per serving:
2½ Syns on Original and Extra Easy

4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 garlic cloves
A small handful each of flat-leaf parsley and tarragon leaves
57g/2oz quark
2 eggs
57g/2oz golden breadcrumbs
Fry Light

1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/Gas 6. Using a small, sharp knife, slice into each chicken breast horizontally, taking care not to sever the flesh completely, to form a ‘pocket’. Season the cavity.
2. Make the garlic and herb filling: peel and crush the garlic, finely chop the herbs and mix with the quark. Spoon the mixture into each cavity and press together gently to seal.
3. Beat the eggs and brush half over the bottom side of the chicken breasts. Sprinkle lightly with half of the breadcrumbs. Turn over and repeat with the remaining egg and breadcrumbs.
4. Place the Kievs on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Serve with 227g/8oz baked potato wedges with skin on (taken as a Healthy Extra) and salad.

I made this last week and it was lovely. I think there are two recipes, I believe the one on the website uses fat free natural fromage fraise instead of the quark. I did the quark recipe and it was delicious. I can't imagine how you'd get the mixture in the chicken breast using fromage fraise.

Thanks gals, I can't get fromage frais here in Texas I don't think, so I'll stick with extortionately priced quark ;)

Thanks lynds 1982. The recipe I followed from the magazine used a filling of extra low fat Philadelphia soft cheese, garlic & parsley I think. Definately didnt use quark as I can't bring myself to try that! I didn't get chance today but I promise I will type up that recipe - if I can find the magazine that is. ;) The rest of the instructions etc look the same.

Xx

At last! ....
Serves 4 Ready in about 50 minutes. 3Syns on Extra Easy

2 slices of wholemeal bread from a small 400g loaf, torn into pieces
1 medium egg
Salt & freshly ground pepper
100g Philadelphia Extra Light
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
A small handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped, reserving some to garnish
4 skinless chicken breasts
Fry light

1. Preheat oven to 200c/fan 180c / gas 6. Whizz the bread in a food processor to make fine crumbs, then transfer to a plate.
2. Beat the egg with 1 tbsp water in a shallow bowl. Season, then set aside. In a separate bowl, mix the Philadelphia with the garlic mixture & season
3. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket into each chicken breast. Spoon a quarter of the cheese mixture into each , then close & secure tightly with cocktail sticks.
Dip each chicken breast in the beaten egg to coat all over then cover in the breadcrumbs & spray with fry light.
4. Place a frying pan over a medium heat & fry chicken for 5 mins, turning once, until golden. Remove from the pan & spray again with Fly Light. Transfer to a roasting tin & cook for 20- 25 mins until cooked throughout. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.

(The Kievs can be prepared up to the end of step 3 the night before. Loosley cover the breasts with cling film, then transfer to the bottom shelf of the fridge straight away. Spray again with Fry Light before cooking. )

Enjoy. :D

Last edited:
I made the Kieve using Extra light phily as my HEX A and used Instant mash instead of breadcrumbs saving my HEX B soooo nice and syn freeee :D

Back