SW chips, wedges etc

Taz

Spam Hunter
When I'm in a rush I don't have time to prepare the free SW chips and wedges so it's easier to just put frozen ones in the oven.

Does anyone know if you can cook up a whole batch of the SW ones and then freeze them so you just have to reheat them when you want them?

Freeze after par boiling, so that you only have to fry light & oven them when you want to eat, can't see any reason why that won't work, let us know how you get on Taz if you try.

i find my SW potato wedges cook quicker than frozen ones.

i put the oven on high and cut the spuds up then stick them in a plastic bowl and microwave for around 5 minutes - give them a little shake half way through. then i chuck them on a pizza tray with frylight, bbq & fajita spices and bake them unti they're ready... this takes 5 - 10 minutes, depending on how thin i cut the wedges.

i find par boiling them takes forever, but by microwaving they're already cooked inside and just need crisping up in the oven.

I think you are right there Jax.

Karen I will try microwaving them. I have just been putting them straight in the oven which takes 30-40 mins. I do mine with garlic salt

Yes i done the microwave trick ages ago and i dont do my SW chips any other way now. So much quicker and less mess ;)

Ruthy xxx

Thank you for the microwave tip.. my wedges were actually edible last night (edible and scrummy) had with poached egg!!! Yummy :D

I make extra and once parboiled I let my extra chips cool down and then freeze them and they cook up lovely

x

Back