• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

SW chips, wedges etc

Nanny Jax

getting back on track
Freeze after par boiling, so that you only have to fry light & oven them when you want to eat, can't see any reason why that won't work, let us know how you get on Taz if you try.

mod-karen79

rainbows holiday buddy :)
i find my SW potato wedges cook quicker than frozen ones.

i put the oven on high and cut the spuds up then stick them in a plastic bowl and microwave for around 5 minutes - give them a little shake half way through. then i chuck them on a pizza tray with frylight, bbq & fajita spices and bake them unti they're ready... this takes 5 - 10 minutes, depending on how thin i cut the wedges.

i find par boiling them takes forever, but by microwaving they're already cooked inside and just need crisping up in the oven.

Taz

Spam Hunter
I think you are right there Jax.

Karen I will try microwaving them. I have just been putting them straight in the oven which takes 30-40 mins. I do mine with garlic salt

Yes i done the microwave trick ages ago and i dont do my SW chips any other way now. So much quicker and less mess ;)

Ruthy xxx

I make extra and once parboiled I let my extra chips cool down and then freeze them and they cook up lovely

x