SW chips!

krupskaya

Gold Member
I had these for the first time last night. My oh my are they tasty! Nicer than oven chips you get out of the freezer even. I used Maris Piper potatoes which truly are the king of spuds. Gorgeous! X

Last edited:
Yummy arn't they??? I don't know how I would survive on slimming world without SW chips x

We have these after weigh in every tuesday as they feel a little naughty :) Delicious sprinkled with tomato and chilli herbs with grated cheese and loadsssss of vinegar! My favourite :) Only 12 hours to wait....xx

I love SW chips! I do these for my 4 year old now instead of anything else when she fancies chips too.

I love these, but found I had better results with them when I didn't parboil them, just bunged them in the oven for half an hour!

I do these at least once a week now - I tend to leave the skin on and cut them into wedge shapes though as they brown better in the oven (and less turning!). Always boil/steam them first though and then just cook them for as long as they take and turn mid-way through. Yum indeed! An extra spritz of fry light as needed and seasoning them helps imho :)

Last edited:
Can S/W chips be frozen at any stage (ie part boil then spray and freeze etc)?

Just be nice to get a box from the freezer and bung in the oven when in a hurry!

There's no reason why you couldn't part boil them, then allow them to dry out before freezing. I'd probably freeze them in a single layer on a tray to stop them sticking together, then transfer them into abag or box! xx

P.S. SW chips for me tonight, mmmmmmmmmmm! :D

I love SW chips! Love to have them with poached eggs with runny yolks of course - makes me feel like am eating something naughty.

Really different option is to drizzle some marmite over about half way through roasting them in the oven! Lovely - if you like marmite that is.

Back