SW chocolate cheesecake x

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this recipe,
I followed the measurement & ingredient exactly as it is on the sw website, but I found the cake very bitter? :-( pretty gutted actually ha! x:cry:

Do you have the recipe at hand or a wee pic of your attempt? I haven't tried it but would be willing to give it a whirl. X

My friend who work with and go to SW with made this today for our first day back at work after the hold and it was really nice, might have to give it a go myself at some point :)

I made it and brought to a family party. Everyone loved it and didn't guess it was SW.

I put the mint options in so this might have been stronger than the bitter taste?

Here is the recipe I used straight from the SW website,
I think it may have been the cocoa powder that made it taste bitter.

Serves: 10
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
6.5 syns on red,green or EE

12 digestive biscuits
28g/1oz low fat spread
113g/4oz cocoa powder
250g pot fat-free natural cottage cheese
2 tsp finely grated orange zest
100g/3½oz fat free natural fromage frais
1 sachet chocolate flavour Options
3 tbsp artificial sweetener
2 eggs
Mixed berries and fat free natural fromage frais, to serve
1 level tsp icing sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Crush the biscuits and mix together with the low fat spread. Press into the base of a 20cm springform cake tin and chill.

2. Place the cocoa, cottage cheese, orange zest, fromage frais, Options and sweetener in a food processor and blend until smooth. Beat the eggs and fold into the mixture. Mix well.

3. Spoon the mixture over the biscuit base. Level and bake for 25-30 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven. Cover and chill until ready to serve, then cut into 10 slices. To serve, garnish with mixed berries and a spoonful of fromage frais and dust with icing sugar.

Tip: Try dissolving 2 tsp instant coffee in 1 tbsp water and blend it with the other ingredients at stage 2. This does not affect the Syns.

This recipe it not suitable for home freezing.:D

OMG - so wish I had read this thread before I wasted about £10 of ingredients.

We have all seen the classic SW picture of this cheescake - it appears in nearly ever book/magazine/website they do. I'm really pleased with the weight loss I have achieved with SW and was gutted to find this cheesecake was horrible - SO BITTER! Other half and I had a bite each and binned the lot.

Very cross the SW keep plugging this :mad:

I was fancying a bash at this for Christmas but I dont know I will try now! Unless it would benefit from a lot more sweetener?

Ive been dying to try it for ages - pleased I finally got found to doing it, but OH and I literally took one bite each - then binned it. It was just totally in-edible!
Maybe with a whole lot more sweetner it might be better, but I would go for one of the other cheesecake reciepes.

the only good think about the chocolate one was that it looked good and the consistancy was perfect.... shame about the taste!!
:sign0137:

Back