SW Class v's SW Online

Dizzi-G

Hiya

Trying to weigh up the pros and cons of going to class or doing SW online.

Does anyone know if the 'SW online' package is basically just the same as 'Lifeline online' that you get access to if you go to class??

Thanks x

I tried online and just didn't have the discipline to keep at it when my weight wasn't being monitored by someone else. I applaud people who can successfully diet at home, but I need to go to a class. You get the exactly same package whichever one you do.

Yes you get exactly the same access. Personally I find the Online package a rip off, you're paying basically the same for what you would get in a class but without any of the bonuses of a class! (ie zero support, motivation, advice etc)

I signed up for 6 months but the only reason I've stuck to it is the support on minimins really, you can find out all the info if you need to and you can get free WI graphs online. Theres really zero reason to pay the exorbitant fee they charge. Id sign up again if it was (a lot!) less - but theres no way its worth the money :(

You don't get exactly the same when you join online as you only get the books if you opt for the most expensive package. On the other plans you get the resources electronically that you can then print out. if you are going to join only you are best to go for the silver plan as then you get a year's subscription to the magazine thrown in which makes it more economical if you would normally buy the mag in the shops anyway.

Thanks everyone, that's really helpful.

Might see if I can go it alone first by coming on here and finding info online (I have the books from earlier this year) and if I'm struggling then I think I'll join a class. Seems like online is a bit of a rip off!

You don't get exactly the same when you join online as you only get the books if you opt for the most expensive package. On the other plans you get the resources electronically that you can then print out. if you are going to join only you are best to go for the silver plan as then you get a year's subscription to the magazine thrown in which makes it more economical if you would normally buy the mag in the shops anyway.

Ah yeah sorry, you're right, it's cos I started at a class so already had the books.

I currently have online membership but it's only for six weeks. How much are the classes please or does it vary depending on the area?

Classes are usually £10 to join (but you can usually join when there's a 'free to join' or 'half price' offer on) and £4.95 per week.

HTH

x

Thank you Dizzi-G!

So it works out around the same price as the online access anyway! Rather interesting! Definitely something to consider.

Also can someone tell me - say if you've done SW online for a few weeks and done fairly well, do you have to start again eg with starting weight loss etc if you go to a class? I'd be disappointed if this was the case.

Thanks

Also can someone tell me - say if you've done SW online for a few weeks and done fairly well, do you have to start again eg with starting weight loss etc if you go to a class? I'd be disappointed if this was the case.

Thanks

I did it the other way round ie started in class then went online. I emailed them to ask if they could transfer my details and they did "as a goodwill gesture" so you might be able to do that the other way round too? But I guess there's no guarantee they have to.

Back