SW Classes!

eieioo

Hey everyone, I have been doing slimming world at home I find it hard sometimes to motivate myself and stick to the plan when I'm just doing it on my own but feel maybe if I joined the group it would be beneficial!
What are all your opinions? How motivating have you found the classes?

Its just the fear of going into a class and all these skinny minnies in trying to lose one pound and im some lard ass! lol

Also! everyone pies out over christmas and over indulges i was planning on restricting my amounts and then joining a class in january, whats yours views on this? should I join before or after christmas? I am also going on a holiday over christmas which never helps!

Hi
It took a lot of courage for me to join class and sitting outside for 15 mins having a panic attack but to be honest its the best thing I have ever done once you take the step and go inside the people in group are great and very friendly and although there are some skinny people in class they werent always skinny lol I went on hols for 4 weeks to florida and ended up losing 8.5lbs while away so would do any harm to join before christmas
best of luck xxx

. . .

Its just the fear of going into a class and all these skinny minnies in trying to lose one pound and im some lard ass! lol

Also! everyone pies out over christmas and over indulges i was planning on restricting my amounts and then joining a class in january, whats yours views on this? should I join before or after christmas? I am also going on a holiday over christmas which never helps!

Logically it doesn't really matter whether you join before or after Christmas - it all depends on what is more convenient for you. If you are going on holiday and will miss some classes, it is probably better to wait until you get back.

Lots of people do join after Christmas - the likelihood of finding a class full of "skinny minnies" is pretty remote!

This is the second time i've done slimming world and niether class has been full of slim people. You get people at class who are targets members but as misty says you have to remember that the target members once walked in with weight to lose aswell. I find the target members in our class inspirational and they are more than happy to share their stories to help you with your journey.

as for going before or after christmas the only thing i will say is after christmas there will be alot of new members registering so it may make you feel more comfortable.

Good Luck xx

I to hated the idea of class and on my first night I actually drove off, but then I plucked up courage to go back 15 mins later and waited until I saw some larger ladies go in :eek:

That was nov 17th 2009 and here we are 1 year later and 5 stone lighter:eek: and I love class and find it a great laugh and have met some great people.

The chances are you may not be the biggest and if you are so what, everyone is there for the same thing and in my experience no one judged me despite me thinking they would.

Good luck

I love my SW class!!! We sit and natter about whats been good for us that week or whats not worked, we were also talking about this website about 3 weeks ago when i told everyone is class about it!!! Its great to be amongst people who know what to say when u have had a bad week and also people who congratulate u when u are doing well ... it really is great and everyones so friendly. Everyone is there for the same reason and all are made to feel very welcome by our lovely consultant Paula.

Give it a try - i think u will like it ... good luck xxxx

i love my sw class!!!
for me its the best money i ever spent and the discipline of going to class and knowing those scales are waiting for me every monday really works!!
not to mention the support and all the little tips etc that you pick up along the way.

i hit target a month ago but am still going and still intend too.

Been at target for a couple of weeks but finding it difficult to maintain. I enjoy classes and intend to continue going every week (except when on hol!LOL). Really hope I can sort out the maintaining as am now at the bottom end of target and really don't want to lose any more.

Denise

I went to SW with my son after we realised he was heading into "not so cute sort of fat" territory.
I didn't mind shedding a stone as a sample for the boy.
The class was super friendly. it was mostly ladies, some were Target members, most were not.
I found myself motivated and wanted to go back every week.
My son (age 11) is not having easy time sticking to a diet but with the great encouragment he got he is shedding another 1lbs per week.
I got (beyond) my target and cleared about 15% of my weight in 13 weeks.
I do not think I would have pushed myself as hard without being in class. I do not know if all the classes are the same but I love to hear the bell rings for the losers. The award ceremony (these are not stickers!). Taking the fruit basket home (simmer of the week) etc...
I say go for it and the sooner, the better.

Sam (and Roy)

i started slimming world in 2002 and didnt go to any classes. I lost 3 stone for my wedding in 2003. i didnt need the classes as was extremely motivated on my end goal.

i stuck to slimming world principles over the years and my weight fluctuated to half a stone over my goal weight (ven when i found out i was pregnant and had just got back from hols i was only 7lbs over my goal)

i then had a baby 18 months ago, 6 months of eating cake / biscuits etc and i was still 2 and a half stone over my goal weight. i lost the rest of weight slowly, but i was still 12 pounds over weight at the beginning of November so joined a class. I joined because i dont have the motivation to do it myself this time (no hols booked, no events coming up). I am now 1/2 pound off target.

i guess you could say i was one of those slim ones joining class (i was in my correct bmi but to me i was not what i want to be). i dont think it matters, everyone has the same goal - to lose weight and i would say i was one of the "lot to lose ppl" when i did it myself.

i like the fact that they tell you new stuff about food, just give ideas etc. everyone is really nice and i quite enjoy going.

I agree with the above. Everyones different and have their own story. I always got ladies asking me why I was there, and their face was a picture when I explained I had lost 9 stone lol, therefore had every need to be there!!!

Classes are a fab support, and its all done very privately and discreetly, so theres no need to be embarrassed xxx

Back