SW Coke/Lemonade Jelly Sweets

lt52

Silver Member
I've had a go at making some Coke and Lemonade Jelly sweets but failed miserably.

I read some older posts about doing it but couldn't get it to work. I used gelatine and 7UP free for lemonade jelly sweets and Pepsi Max for Coke jelly sweets. They didn't set properly first so i altered it and they didn't taste very coke flavoured or lemonade flavoured. In the end despite all the tweaking i used up so much coke and so much gelatine that i thought it wasn't worth the waste.

So any ideas or tips - i was hoping to not use bucket loads of gelatine as it gives it a weird artificial chemically taste.

Lee

I haven't looked at the original recipe for these but I assume they're not meant to be fizzy sweets? If so, you might try putting your coke or lemonade in a pan and simmering it for a while to reduce it and get rid of some of the water before you add the gelatine - that should intensify the flavour. Good luck! :)

I haven't looked at the original recipe for these but I assume they're not meant to be fizzy sweets? If so, you might try putting your coke or lemonade in a pan and simmering it for a while to reduce it and get rid of some of the water before you add the gelatine - that should intensify the flavour. Good luck! :)

It was purely so it would make coke or lemonade flavour jelly sweets that are syn free. A lot of fuss for a little gain i reckon

Adding a bit of citric acid (powder/crystals) would certainly help with adding zing to these sweets - I think you can buy it in supermarkets, it's usually used in baking and winemaking.

Did you get your silicone ice cube trays yet?

Adding a bit of citric acid (powder/crystals) would certainly help with adding zing to these sweets - I think you can buy it in supermarkets, it's usually used in baking and winemaking.

Did you get your silicone ice cube trays yet?

Yeah i got one on amazon for £1 - not here just yet

Not really done anything else with all of these ideas yet. Not wanting to add citric acid and more sweetner and that - the coke/lemonade would have enough in i'm a bit iffy with sweetner

Back