SW Easy? Convenient? Advice please

Hi,

I've considered joining a slimming world group as I noticed that there is one held in a local hall near me.

But I was wondering how easy it is to follow, and is it convenient? I don't know much about these slimming groups or how they work.

I don't think I could work a point system? I get confused a bit too easily.

I'm quite restricted in the foods I can eat too, so any diet that requires a high intake of fish or acidic foods (soups containing leek/onion for example) to help with weight loss wouldn't be any good for me due to allergies and intolerance.

If anyone has any advice on this Diet it would be very much appreciated.

Thank You :)

Amethyst86 said:
Hi,

I've considered joining a slimming world group as I noticed that there is one held in a local hall near me.

But I was wondering how easy it is to follow, and is it convenient? I don't know much about these slimming groups or how they work.

I don't think I could work a point system? I get confused a bit too easily.

I'm quite restricted in the foods I can eat too, so any diet that requires a high intake of fish or acidic foods (soups containing leek/onion for example) to help with weight loss wouldn't be any good for me due to allergies and intolerance.

If anyone has any advice on this Diet it would be very much appreciated.

Thank You :)

Hi there!

I have been following SW now since March (although very loosely this month!) and I have found it to be the easiest diet ever. You can eat whatever you want really and there is no pressure to eat a certain foods like fish or as you suggested leek and onion or soup!

The beauty of it is that all things like lean meats, starchy vegetables and pulses/pasta/grains, fruit and eggs are unlimited free foods (depending on which of the 3 plans you choose)

I started off with the extra easy plan where all of the above is free and all you have to do is ensure that you have a third of your plate as "superfree" food - vegetables and uncooked fruit. You have to have a healthy extra a and b choice which are dairy and fibre in take and they are the only things that have to be weighed/measured. Everything out of that is synned but is an easy system to follow.

Take a look through people's food diaries for an idea of what we eat. I really couldn't recommend it enough! Good luck :) xx

Oh and if you like a bit of the naughty stuff there are simple low syn recipes to make snacks to fill up on your cravings!

Don't fancy another apple? Fine! Knock up a half syn roulade with a creamy filling and chopped berries - doesn't take long and is mega delish!
Want chocolate with out gorging and ruining your hard work? Whip up some forrero rocher's SW style and keep in the fridge!

Chocolate options (2syns) mixes with total Greek yogurt is delicious also. Or a new favourite of mine is chopped banana, toffee mullerlite and crushed mini meringues (1 syn each) for a bannoffee/eton mess. Or if savoury is your thing, home made humus and toasted wholemeal pitta or crudités, low syn sausage rolls and mug shots are a god send! So much to choose from!

Sorry for the mega post, just want to help ;) xx

SW is great and once you understand the plan, easy to follow. Think of it as a healthy eating plan rather than a diet. There are lots of tips and support on here and the best bit is you will be able to eat lots and don't have to be hungry, I love it.

When you join the class you will be given free access to the website. On there you can enter your favourite foods and foods that you can't eat and it devises an eating plan specifically for you :)

I've done silly diets, done weight watchers and non of them taught me how to eat healthly, enjoy treats occasionally (no panic or guilt) - SW teaches you all of that and as a bonus you loose and keep off the weight.
Takes abit to get your head round, that you can eat LOTS of carbs etc and still loose weight, but trust the diet (the pack you get & Minimins tells you everything you need to know) x

I find it easy and convenient, there's loads of things you can make in less than 30 mins and freeze.

also snacking is easy too.

as mentioned above it takes a bit to get your head around it but once you know the plan its pretty plain sailing

good luck xx

I would say its easy to get your head round, and as long as you plan well, it's convenient. But you do need to plan. Unlike Weight watchers where you can buy ready meals & easily point them, there isn't any 'free' ready meals on SW - you do need to cook from scratch, but if you batch cook & store portions in your freezer you basically have your very own ready meals!

SW is great and once you understand the plan, easy to follow. Think of it as a healthy eating plan rather than a diet. There are lots of tips and support on here and the best bit is you will be able to eat lots and don't have to be hungry, I love it.

I couldn't agree more!

I follow Extra Easy and I love the fact I can eat foods that I actually like and not those which I'm told I have to eat. It doesn't feel like a diet and I've certainly never once been hungry since I started SW which has got to be a plus. It's also very flexible and so fits in with my busy lifestyle. My only regret is I should have done it sooner. :D

I think you'll be fine regardless of your allergies and intolerances as SW promotes a healthy eating style which can be adapted around these.

I love slimming world. I am very picky when it comes to food. I like Slimming World because you can adapt it to your own tastes. There is so much variety and choice, it's really fantastic.
If you go to a class for the first time, there is no obligation to join and pay if you do not like the look of the plan.
Joining Slimming World was the best thing i've ever done.

Thank you all so much for all the information :)

I'm decided this is the one for me now, going to go along to the next meeting. Excited about an eating plan that helps you lose weight but doesn't stop you being able to eat food you enjoy.

Thank you all so much for all the information :)

I'm decided this is the one for me now, going to go along to the next meeting. Excited about an eating plan that helps you lose weight but doesn't stop you being able to eat food you enjoy.

Welcome aboard x

Back