SW EE but too few calories

LoseitChar

Hi - I've recently joined sw online and following the EE plan however when I input my food diary into my fitness pal it's telling me I'm consuming too few calories and this can slow down weight loss. I'm new and a bit useless at counting calories (hence why I've joined sw!!) but I have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast or cereal, salad with chicken at lunch and then something like a homemade curry or pasta for dinner. I keep the syns to about 5 or under a day which is 0.5 for my chicken as it's flavoured and a couple for my dressing and a rice cake if I'm peckish and I snack on fruit. I don't know what I'm doing wrong? Is there something else I should be adding in?

Hi - I've recently joined sw online and following the EE plan however when I input my food diary into my fitness pal it's telling me I'm consuming too few calories and this can slow down weight loss. I'm new and a bit useless at counting calories (hence why I've joined sw!!) but I have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast or cereal, salad with chicken at lunch and then something like a homemade curry or pasta for dinner. I keep the syns to about 5 or under a day which is 0.5 for my chicken as it's flavoured and a couple for my dressing and a rice cake if I'm peckish and I snack on fruit. I don't know what I'm doing wrong? Is there something else I should be adding in?

My first suggestion would be start at 10 Syns at least, I'm not sure how much you're looking to lose, but if you find yourself getting stuck later on you'll have nothing to lower. They're there for a reason, use them, they don't have to be for crisps or chocolate etc, you can use them in your meals, butter in mash, a bit of oil etc.
Snack if you need to, you can use syns, free or super free for this, don't let yourself go hungry, it's part of the plan that you eat when you need to eat, so if you need something in between, have it - but have a little of something you fancy if you need to.

Also, remember the plan stands on it's own, you can track calories out of curiosity, but they aren't designed to go together.

Maybe post a diary so we can see what you're eating, it's so much easier to help people out when you know what they're doing!

X

I agree with Llamasoks (didn't know llamas wore socks!!) about the syns. The plan says between 5 and 15 a day, so why are you keeping it to under 5?

You seem to be eating very little. Not suggesting you eat for the sake of it, but you could eat more if you wanted to.

Same as above increase your syns i have 10-15 everyday without fail and have had a consistent weight loss.
Remember eat until you're full everything in moderation.
I would ditch the fitness pal and just embrace the SW plan the truth will show on the scales.
Never go hungry.
post a food diary always good for feedback.

I know personally when I was using myfitnesspal I was supposed to be comsuning 1800 to lose weight (the nutritionist said) but MFP only had me on 1400 to lose weight, so its lower then what is a healthy amount of calories anyway. and like llamasoks said, the plan stands on its own, but from what you said it doesnt seem like you are eating enough

Thanks for the replies, I'm so useless with all of this. I'm not going hungry and I do eat till I'm full but maybe I need to ease up a little and allow myself a treat? I have a few stone to lose and thought the less syns the better. Some days my syns are higher purely because of the ingredients I use but generally I try to keep them low. I'm not good at working out calories etc which is why I used mfp so maybe I'll quit that and just concentrate on following the plan. I'm new to this forum, where can I post a food diary?

go to food dairies and start your own by posting a new thread in that section. Don't worry its always a bit daunting...i have over 8 stone to lose so i know how you feel! just try not to be so strict on yourself, use your syns- we were given them for a reason! enjoy your food AND your treats. eating 15syns a day is not cheating, it's sticking to plan! :eat::eat::greenapple:

It can be tricky to get into the swing of things at the beginning. I am in my 6th week and it is now all falling into place for me. I agree with those who say use your syns, my best losses were when I used all my syns every day. I think using MFP alongside Slimming World could be confusing, the way I understand it, the point of Extra Easy is to take out the need to count calories, as it is designed to reduce your calorie intake, as you are eating the superfree foods instead of higher calorie foods. I also try to make sure I have at least 1/3 of my plate superfree, sometimes it is more.

I love not having to count calories, it takes the pressure off when following a new, healthier lifestyle.

Back