SW extra easy

JoCal

Hello,

I am thinking about trying the extra easy plan... however I see that you can only have 1 he a and 1 b..... so if I were to want milk and cheese triangles for example could I:-

a) have half my milk allowance and half the cheese triangle allowance

or

b) would it be better to syn one of them? If so, what is the syn value for 350ml skimmed milk?

Many thanks

Jo

You aren't meant to split your HEXs, SW say that this is to protect us, incase we go over the allowance slightly, however I must admit I do it sometimes because it simply suits what I want to eat that day, and I'm very strict with measuring and weighing so I know I'm accurate!! Often though, I'll only have 100 ml milk on my cereal so I syn that (1.5 skimmed, 2 semi-skimmed) which frees up my HEXa for something else later. 568ml skimmed is 9, so 350 is 5.5 syns. (Most HEXs are worth 5-6 syns).

I agree with funcurls, and I would use one as a HEX and syn the other.
If you don't do that you are not really sticking to plan.

thank you. I will syn the milk each day then, as I only have a bit of milk in about 3 cups of tea over the day!

I admit to spitting them as long as it's a half and half split.
When I first joined years ago I was told it was ok.

Last edited:
I don't tend to split, just because it would confuse my little brain! lol

From the website
Q: Can I mix and match my Healthy Extras by halving the portions?

A: Yes, if you like - you’ll still lose weight beautifully! The downside is your speed and fibre symbols would have to be ignored unless your two halves had identical symbols. However, mixing and matching couldn't be done when there are multiple items in one choice. With all single item choices, feel free!

Wow Eternity, that's a revelation to me because so many people on the MM threads have said that you can't and all this time I've been feeling like a 2-timing cheat!!!XXX

yay!!!!

I'm really glad to hear that's the case because that's what I do!!

:party0049::party0049::party0049:

Wow Eternity, that's a revelation to me because so many people on the MM threads have said that you can't and all this time I've been feeling like a 2-timing cheat!!!XXX

It also says on there that you can save up your syns for the weekend if you want to, and i know that this causes controversy too, but I've always done it.

From the website

Q: Can I save up my Syns for the weekend?

A: Yes, if you want to, some people like to do this. Do consider though, whether you really will be happy depriving yourself for most of the week. You may prefer to be flexible with your Syns and increase your Syn allowance for a night out or a special occasion

haha the second I sat down in my first meeting, my only question was "can I save syns for the weekend?" as soon as she said yes I went in and never looked back!! x

Back