SW Free smash pizza

Make up smash with boiling water, but make it quite firm.
Place on a baking tray that has been sprayed with frylight, spray top of base with frylight too and put in really hot oven until golden and cripsy...turn over and do the same.
When "cooked", spoon over some passata mixed with garlic and mixed herbs. Add chopped onions, mushrooms, sweetcorn and peppers and other free foods to top and cover with allowance of grated cheese. Put back in oven until cheese has melted and serve!

Delicious!

Lol, no probs...I sometimes add 4 stuffed green olives (chopped) at 2 syns as well. If you are doing a EE day, you could have ham on it as well.
Even my Daughter loves this and if I tell her that mummy is making a pizza I always have to make her one!

i think i will have that for dinner tomorrow! got nothing in to make it today :)

You can make up whatever quantity of smash that you want too Huni, as its free, you dont need to measure it. Also depends on what size "base" you want.

I also prefer the Tescos value own smash rather than "Smash" as it tastes a lot better.
Will try the Sainsbury one too as that has good reviews.

I also prefer the Tescos value own smash rather than "Smash" as it tastes a lot better.
Will try the Sainsbury one too as that has good reviews.

I bought the sainsbury value smash as I wanted to try this recipe but never got round to it. May give it a go over the weekend.

OMG that sounds awesome! Sadly I have just shopped for this weeks meals, but it will defo be on the plan for next week LOL!

I made this last night. I brought the sainsburys basic own brand of smash. The base came out lovely and crispy. I am not a huge fan of pizza but it is o.k if you need a pizza fix.

Can one use real mashed potato for the base or is there something in Smash that makes it go crispy????

The base I made was really crispy, like a proper base, I cant imagine normal potato going as hard as that, however SW recipes are all about trial and error so you never know.

Can one use real mashed potato for the base or is there something in Smash that makes it go crispy????
Iv'e made it with frozen mash, Cream of the crop mashed potato with spring onion(from Heron) is free on green and EE, i just cooked it in microwave, shaped it on a tray and baked in oven, lovely taste. xxx

slimming world pizza good god

:D forgot to say made pizza with a smash base aftyer suggestion on her it was ace cant remember who posted the thread but thankyou, i made my own sauce out of pasata herbs and some fajita mix and had both my hea's with onion and sweetcorn and it was so nice i will be having the s\ame again tonight lol

Its lovely isnt it!!!
I like to add 7 olives chopped up too for 1 syn. Mushrooms and peppers.

Lol...the stuffed ones are 4 for 1 syn, but the pitted green ones are 7 for 1 syn.

Back