SW Free smash pizza

just searched for this does the mash go all sticky and is it hard to roll :confused:

this sounds delish, have got a great big tub of smash from Netto the other day so amd going to have a go

Oh this sounds really nice will have to give it a go. If you make up the entire packet of instant mash and then make lots of mini pizzas could you freeze them?

No the flavoured smash isn't free - a few syns for a pack I think - However I always use the cheese and onion one for my pizza base - worth the syns as tasted delicious!!! HMMMMM may have to go and make one now!!

I did make this once before but the base stuck to the baking tray a bit, think i'll try it again though because it was lush and i topped it with tomato puree, mozerella and basil leaves.

I'm gonna make this too, sounds lovely. I'm confused though because I've checked the syns online and in basic foods tomato puree is half a syn a level tablespoon on both green and red. Is there a brand that is free?

I'm gonna make this too, sounds lovely. I'm confused though because I've checked the syns online and in basic foods tomato puree is half a syn a level tablespoon on both green and red. Is there a brand that is free?

I thought it was as well, you could use passata instead x

I have made one before and mine too stuck to the backing tray and I ended up with a kind of veg mushed up with mash. lol! Just been out with the girls and had a piece of real pizza! yummy!!!

I just made this for my lunch and thought it was great!! Might try add some things to the instant mash though.

I used half a packet of instant mash no flavors just plain (we dont get smash here) so i hope its still syn free!! lol i had trouble rolling it...kinda went everywhere i didnt use much water in it, but made it into a ball in my hand and tryed to roll it out... ended up just pressing it and any parts which seperated which was nearly all of it pressed it back together.

Cooked it for 6 min each side but still was not crunchy crunchy cooked it longer. Then i added tomato puree with oregano,parsley,basil and black pepper and spread it over and added sweetcorn and cheese and cooked for a few min more.

Im trying to practice it as i told my bf about it last night and he wanted to try it!!! haha so hope tomorrow i make it really good.

I also thought about using real mash instead of instant although it would require alot more effort...just thought of some things i could add with it make it more dough like...ahh i dunno just rambling on now!!! lol

Basically...what i wanted to say was it was realllllly good :) haha xx

Hi Gem, next time your'e cooking potatoes you could make extra and try the pizza then, i think it would hold its shape better with real mash. xxx

Yea thats what i was thinking of doing. it was still cripsy and really good, but thought it might be even healthier making it with real mash and like you said hold better and get just as crispy!

Also i used to have a recipe for making pizza dough with low fat yogurt and flour so i thought maybe i could mix low fat yogurt with the potato mash and garlic and make it into a dough and then use it.... and still syn free! :)

ooo now im thinking low fat yogurt, real mash, garlic and chives and herbs in the dough... not sure what it would end up like...but im going to test it when i get more potatoes!!! hehe

hmmm i want this for lunch!!! if i made it with real potatos what would i use to bind it together?? i think my low fat yoghurt is out of date ...!!! could i use some milk from my HB? im on EE and have only had a splash in my tea this morning.....:)

Hardly took any time at all! Honest!!
I mixed up a little Mr Mash, thicker than usual and added salt, pepper and a little dried garlic.
Dumped it on a small baking tray and pressed it out with my hands and baked it in the oven on a lowish heat. Once it looked cooked on the top side, turned it over to cook the other side.
Once cooked, I then topped it with, tinned tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, mixed sliced peppers, ham, sweetcorn and grated cheese and popped it back into the oven til it looked cooked.
Voila!

I just had a go at making this with instant mash, topped it with red pepper, red onion, cheese, mushrooms and quorn beef pieces and it was fab! Everyone liked it, and I am gonna make it again at the weekend. Is defiantely worth it :)

will try this tomorrow!!!
yum pizZA !!!

Just had the pizza and its really nice, will definetly be making it again. xxx

Back