SW friendly pie!

Yoyo dieter

Combining low GI and CC
From now on, pastry is my friend! I made a fab pie last night and thought I'd share the idea with you. First of all, I've decided that making little individual pies looks cool on your plate but also allows you to count the syns more accurately. i made a beef roast dinner on saturday and it was tough as old boots. We couldn't even eat it without feeling like we were going to dislocate our jaw. Decided to pop it in the slow cooker with swede, beef stock, onions, herbs, garlic and a good splash of brown ale. Left it to do its magic for 5 hours and it was transformed. I left it in the fridge overnight and the ale flavour intensified even more! I got some Jus-roll light puff pastry, which was pre-rolled, but I rolled it out more to make it stretch further. I lined a couple of mini pots (can't remember the last time I made a pie with both a pastry bottom and top, lol) with the pastry and cut out a piece for the top too. Filled the pie to the brim with filling, topped it off and put it in the oven at 180 for 40 mins. Served it with mounds of carrots and butternut squash. I used a total of 50g of the light pastry, which was 8.5 syns and then allocated 1 syn for a quarter bottle of Manns brown ale. It's not a massively low syn meal, but it is the first time I've had a pastry lined pie, with a filling that was a taste explosion, since I started SW. Also I thought 9.5 syns was pretty reasonable for what it was.

Back