sw friendly stuffing recipe????

shorty1981

im having a roast 2day and i do love my stuffing im wondering if u guys and girls have a s/w friendly 1 that low in syns thanks in advance its for 2 ppl:)

Well you can make it syn free. If you buy the morrisons eat smart diet sausages. Take them out if the skins, add HEB bread crumbs, sage, onion, egg to bind. Its gorgeous

Morrisons Sausages not free anymore! Noooooo :cry:

Syns website says they are - does the new book say they are not???? I love these! :worthy:

Morrisons Eat Smart Diet, Pork Sausages, Less Than 3% Fat, 8 pack, chilled 57g each[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original Free
green.gif
Green 3 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hope the above comes out ok - 1st timer :eek:

im gonna make my stuffing next sunday along with my eat smart yorky pudds which im told that are the same syn value as the mini 1's

you cant get the diet eat smart 3% ones any more, they are now just called eat smart 60% less fat and work out at 0.5syns each

Oh my goodness i didnt realise when i bought 3 packs last week and devoured them - that will teach me for not looking properly. I did notice the pack had changed but just assumed......

Lesson learned - never assume!
x

I make sausage meat stuffing. There isn't a recipe as such, I just use some extra lean minced pork (free on EE), and add anything I want such as seasoning, chopped onion, garlic, apricots, sage or other herb. You could also add an egg, but I don't bother, as I find it holds together OK. I add all the ingredients raw, mix them together, and roll them into balls, but you could equally cook it in a solid block in an oven-proof dish.

If you wanted to add some bread crumbs, you would need to use wholemeal, and count these as a healthy extra (b) for 57 g.

I hope this helps.

Annie

Back