sw goals

I am 5'5" and my goal weight is 10 stone. This will make me about a size 10 but more importantly, I am sure I will feel healthy and strong at that weight. Got 20lbs to lose.

I have been down to 7st 12lbs and looked terrible and felt so weak. I want to be slim and healthy!

I love Primark for when you are slimming, lovely and cheap as you work down (or up!) through the sizes!

Not sure what my ultimate goal weight is. For the mo I've set it to 11-7 which needs a total loss of 11 lb. But to be "pre-kids" weight I need another 7-8lb off after that. BUT pre-kids weight was also over 12 years ago so maybe that would be too low for me now. Dont want to look slim but haggard if you know what I mean. Told my husband to let me know if I started looking too thin and he started laughing - cheeky beggar!!! Of course I'm sure that some people will soon start saying that as theres nothing like a bit of weight loss to bring a few "green eyed monsters" out!

Just following on from the whole clothes, weight, height thing - I'm 5ft 8 and have lost 17.5 inches and 18.5 pounds since starting SW last October - I still haven't dropped a trouser size yet (currently 16) and whilst my trousers are definitely getting big and baggy, a 14 just doens't fit me quite yet as I'm so hippy but with a small waist! Clothes can be deceptive! My ultimate goal is to be a healthy BMI and to be 'normal' - well as normal as I can be lol!!! xxx

I would like to feel so much healthier (not out of breath when climb mulitple flights of stairs) and get into clothes at GAP. I'm not under the illusion I'll get down to a size 10 but a size 14/16 would be a start :p

Ultimately I'd like my weight in stone to be a single figure - I'm aiming for 9st 12lb. As to what size I'll be when I get there, I haven't the faintest idea, I was 12st 7lb when I was 14 and it's only gone up from then.

As an interim goal, I'd love to be securely into a size 16, so I can go into any shop on the High Street (Next, Gap, River Island, Wallis etc) and have a choice of what to buy, not end up in Evans having to buy the only thing I can find that even vaguely fits and doesn't look hideous. That's my interim goal. The first time I can walk into Next, pull something off the rack in a size 16 and have it fit properly, I suspect they'll hear the screams of joy in the next county. :)

is your goal a certain size, weight or something else?

my goal is so my legs stop rubbing uncomfortably in warm weather and to fit into my old clothes when i got to target last time (size 10)

Re the thigh rubbing issue, try deodorant on your inner thighs! It works perfectly for hours and hours, I promise!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that when I was still at school (and a size 10), my thighs would rub (across my teenage stretch marks (ouchy)) whilst wearing the pencil skirts all girls were required to wear by law in the eighties lol).

RE: the deodorant on the inner thighs, I don't want to sound like a trouble maker but this can be quite dangerous. You can clog pores, etc and it can lead to trouble. There are anti chaffing gels/creams that you can buy from the chemists though!

I've set my weight at 10 stone 7. But i'll see how I feel when i get there to whether I want to carry on. Ideally i'd like to be a size 12. I have wide hips so think anything below a 12 on my bottom half is an unrealistic goal

RE: the deodorant on the inner thighs, I don't want to sound like a trouble maker but this can be quite dangerous. You can clog pores, etc and it can lead to trouble. There are anti chaffing gels/creams that you can buy from the chemists though!

It is fair to be cautious, but I haven't had any problems (I am an excema sufferer) and nor has anyone else I know that also uses it. It was always far more of a problem that my skin (without any protection) would get so sore it would bleed. However, I wasn't aware of the anti chaffing gels/creams, so thanks for the info.

I would love to be 11st 7lb, but I have set my interim goal as 12st 7lb. Going to see how I feel when I get to that weight.

In the short term I have loads of clothes in different sizes from 12 to 16 that don't fit, so to start getting back into them and throwing out my size 18/20 will be great.

It is fair to be cautious, but I haven't had any problems (I am an excema sufferer) and nor has anyone else I know that also uses it. It was always far more of a problem that my skin (without any protection) would get so sore it would bleed. However, I wasn't aware of the anti chaffing gels/creams, so thanks for the info.

ive used a fantastic anti chaffing gel i cant remember the name but i think its a yellow tube but really works in the heat. i dont think my legs will ever get to the point where they dont touch but the more i weigh the more they rub :'(

hi i used lanacane gel when i went to malta on honeymoon in august (38-40 celcius daily) and i had no problems with chaffing whatsoever and i do have big thighs! would defo recommend!:)

with regards to the target, i've got such a lot to lose at the mo i'm just looking to get into a comfortable 16 for starters :)

I'm 5ft and I weigh 10st 13lbs at the mo and I can fit into most size 12s, but I have a small waste and big everything else, especially legs lol... so I want to get to the top range of my healthy bmi which is 9 stone and I will hopefully be a healthy even size 10 then :)

...Oh and another thing I have found useful for the legs rubbing in an emergency is Talc Powder. I use the lush coconut one and it works a treat, and it's all natural :D

Last edited:
Back