SW in conjunction with Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

broxi

ButtErFly
Has anyone tried this? It has rave reviews on Amazon. As my weight loss has stopped for 3 weeks, even tho I'm on plan was going to give this a go. Just wondering what anyone thinks. x

the two would sort of being doing opposite things, the track encourages you to eat less, three meals with no snacking (if I remember correctly)whereas the plan encourages you to eat as much as you want until you are full including snacking. Mind having said that, if you eat your three sensible meals the SW way like is suggested by the tract then you should lose weight based on less eating in general and eating the correct way.

In all it's not a bad combination, but the more you listen the better you're subconscious is able to keep at it. I will say the thing about the cd is that it doesn't tackle what your issues (if you have any such as emotional eating) are and you are less aware of the cause of the problems. If you are going to get the cd, I suggest getting it from the library along with Lose weight with NLP lindsey agness as there are a lot of work type things in her book that will help in figuring out what issues you might have and where you're defective thinking is coming in and overtaking things.

Once you figure out some of the causes and work through them with her book, Kevin's cd will probably be more effective. If you have any questions about any of that you can always message me

Has anyone tried this? It has rave reviews on Amazon. As my weight loss has stopped for 3 weeks, even tho I'm on plan was going to give this a go. Just wondering what anyone thinks. x

I personally think you'd be better off looking at why your losses have stopped! Do you go to a class? Do you keep a food diary? Have you increased your exercise recently? Are you eating/drinking enough? Do you have enough superfree? All these things could contribute :) rather than trying something that conflicts with the SW way of eating x

Got it its ok , won't work miracles although i dis find when i stuck with it i was concious about eating at the table everynight and about what i was eating & stopping when i was full, so i suppose it was a good back up x

Havent tried the new one im happy with the I can make you thin its amazing how just listening to this can stop my chocolate cravings before id eat anything up to 10 choc bars a day but now i am happy with a mini flake at just 2.5 syns its great i love it

paul Mckenna has appeared quite a lot talking about the hypnotic gastric band and as a hypnotherapist im really not sure about it. what i find is that it doesnt address the reasons for overeating so i wonder if it will just wear off. hypnosis is not for everyone and you may not need if but it can really help to get permanent results especially if you have already started to lose weight. i am interested in hearing from anyone who finds that it really helps as the fact Paul Mckenna has changed his mind means that he will have seen good evidence for it. He always takes the best ideas so if you are highly motivated his cds can really work. i have writen a blog about my thoughts and his so if you are interested just google my name and blog and feel free to have a read for yourself.
and best of luck to everyone on yourr weight loss journey :)

Fitting a real gastric band doesn't address the reasons for over eating either, but it manages its affects.

I think anything that is not a drain on the NHS or that has not got long term health risks and doesn't leave you thousands of pounds out of pocket if you where to pay for it privately is a very good thing. Every person on here is guilty of over eating not all reasons need to be addressed some just need to managed :)

I've heard lots of positive reviews about Paul McKennas Hypno Gastric Band over the last month. I decided to buy the book today with the CD and DVD.

:eek: x

Well just to update. I adore SW but my weightloss has stopped for about 4 weeks and don't know why except that I eat huge portions and I'm a stone and 10lb lighter and maybe my body just got used to it. So I bought book and have used it. Still totally on SW as that's the way I love to eat but definitely noticed a huge reduction in my appetite - still not gastric band size tho - still quite healthy but maybe about 2/3 of what I ate and really full. Will see if I lose again this week but it definitely does seem to work for portion control.

Back