SW 'Jaffa Cake'

lt52

Silver Member
Ok so in the spirit of using the forum more, getting more support and sharing good tips with everyone out there and also trying to put up a picture. Here is the Slimming World Version of a Jaffa Cake. I don't like Jaffa Cakes so an interesting one for me but i don't see it tasting like one. I got the inspiration from a youtube video. I couldn't be bothered to faff about melting chocolate, which i'm sure would be better but melted chocolate might have had me failing miserably for the day! So i broke some up instead...
I'm having it tomorrow after tea at my sister's so i'll let you know what its like..... hope the picture loads too.....

Anyone else tried it?

Lee
DSC_0126 (1).JPG

Ohhh that looks nice! Do you have the recipe ?

Yeah of course and its sooooo easy to do lol. Its 4 syns for a quarter, which i think is really good, but depends on how much/what chocolate you use on top and how much jelly.

I used a Morrisons pre bought medium sized flan base at 66 calories a 1/4
Made some orange jelly - syns dependant on how much you use
I broke up some chocolate buttons on top - enough for each piece to go to 80 calories - 4 syns on a 1 syn for 20 calories rule.
You can melt chocolate on top/use white/dark/kinder or whatever but obviously syns change.

You just have to make sure when you make the jelly you let it set for a bit in the fridge first or the flan soaks it up (and don't let it completely set!)

Enjoy - share your pics!!!

Could you put some mandarins or other fruit in it. :)

What an excellent idea!!!
I just wanted to focus on the chocolate cuz there aint that much lol

Might have to add that in next time!!!

Thanks for the suggestion,
Lee

Wow! I'm not a fan of Jaffa cakes but I really want to try this. Thanks for that. I just restarted at SW and normally when I'm on the plan, I avoid chocolate, but I'll have to make an exception for this. I'm guessing all chocolate has more or less the same syn value, or is any particular brand or type less "synful" than another (i.e., dark chocolate?)

Wow! I'm not a fan of Jaffa cakes but I really want to try this. Thanks for that. I just restarted at SW and normally when I'm on the plan, I avoid chocolate, but I'll have to make an exception for this. I'm guessing all chocolate has more or less the same syn value, or is any particular brand or type less "synful" than another (i.e., dark chocolate?)

I think dark chocolate is better because it has less or no milk in it, but that was something i was going to research into next shopping trip. I used Cadbury's buttons - there like 12 calories a button so i used 1 and a but to round off the slice to 4 syns instead of 3 and 3/4. I think some non branded milk chocolate is better - but i'm a sucker for Cadbury's lol

I don't like Jaffa Cakes either so its interesting

Ok - i've had it after tea tonight and i have to say it is very nice and surprisingly filling!

It doesn't taste anything like a Jaffa Cake and i already have loads of ideas like different Jelly topping it with fruit and not chocolate... i got this whole raspberry jelly with raspberries on top.

Try it folks!

Lee

I think I'd be adding a Muller light to the jelly mix (in place of some of the water) and making it into more of a mousse texture - that way you could add your raspberries and chocolate bits into the actual mixture. Now if only I could buy Muller lights here, all would be good!!!

I think I'd be adding a Muller light to the jelly mix (in place of some of the water) and making it into more of a mousse texture - that way you could add your raspberries and chocolate bits into the actual mixture. Now if only I could buy Muller lights here, all would be good!!!

Clever idea actually - you could use quark or fat free fromage frais or any other syn free/low syn yoghurt.

The only quark here is full-fat, and sadly there's no sign whatsoever of fromage frais. There are a couple of makes of yoghurt that I use as syn-free (fat free, very low sugar) but only in the basic flavours (peach, strawberry etc). I'm so jealous of everyone having toffee and cappuccino and lemon cheesecake and choc mint yoghurts!

Oh, and I'm definitely very far from being clever but I do like to experiment...

The only quark here is full-fat, and sadly there's no sign whatsoever of fromage frais. There are a couple of makes of yoghurt that I use as syn-free (fat free, very low sugar) but only in the basic flavours (peach, strawberry etc). I'm so jealous of everyone having toffee and cappuccino and lemon cheesecake and choc mint yoghurts!

Oh, and I'm definitely very far from being clever but I do like to experiment...

Yeah but the flavours aren't all that great - i don't find them that interesting, some of them are disappointing!

Yeah but you get sun!!!! Lol. We need nice flavours to take our mind off the fact that its grey, wet and freezing outside

could you not buy natural fat free yogurt and just add your own flavours?

I'm getting excited about this jaffa cake! I'm thinking of sliced oranges between the flan case and the jelly and topping with a tub of quark mixed with a choc options

I need to get the stuff to make one soon!!

I'm getting excited about this jaffa cake! I'm thinking of sliced oranges between the flan case and the jelly and topping with a tub of quark mixed with a choc options

I need to get the stuff to make one soon!!

Sounds yummy! I liked mine, the only this is it didn't taste like a jaffa cake, which is fine with me as i don't like them lol

could you not buy natural fat free yogurt and just add your own flavours?

I only wish I knew how to make syn-free toffee or chocolate flavoured yoghurts! I could do the coffee one I suppose though, hadn't thought of that, thanks. If you have any ideas on how to achieve toffee, please let me know! Got to get offline now, Cyclone Marcia is heading straight for us...

I only wish I knew how to make syn-free toffee or chocolate flavoured yoghurts! I could do the coffee one I suppose though, hadn't thought of that, thanks. If you have any ideas on how to achieve toffee, please let me know! Got to get offline now, Cyclone Marcia is heading straight for us...

How about coffee escence or toffee escence/flavouring - i'm sure i have a scrumptious options hot chocolate like butter scotch flavour, which might be toffee ish flavour. That wouldn't be syn free but only 2 syns for the lot.
You could try a toffee weight watchers/muller light to which could tone down the flavour a bit.

Lee

Back