SW lamb Donna Kebab- Any know the recipe please?

Hi my name is Emma. I have been going to SW for 5 week and lost 13.5lb so far. I have a bit to lose, I am a bit board of the same food, so looking for some inspiration. Also some treat food that isn't high in syns.

A couple of ppl in group mentioned a few recipes to try. I made diet coke chicken last nite, which was ok, a bit sweet. But I can not find this lamb donna recipe. Can anyone help?

emmamarie22 said:
Hi my name is Emma. I have been going to SW for 5 week and lost 13.5lb so far. I have a bit to lose, I am a bit board of the same food, so looking for some inspiration. Also some treat food that isn't high in syns.

A couple of ppl in group mentioned a few recipes to try. I made diet coke chicken last nite, which was ok, a bit sweet. But I can not find this lamb donna recipe. Can anyone help?

Use the search to find recipes - if you search fake-away donor kebab then you will find it

no point doing a search for anything in particular because every thing unrealated comes up

metrognome said:
no point doing a search for anything in particular because every thing unrealated comes up

Well I found the thread in thirty seconds only haven't posted the link because I'm on my phone!

I found it no problem too... search is fine as far as I can see. it only came back with SW Kebab recipes when I searched

your lucky then cause it dont work for me :(, i type it in the search at the top and i get all the food diaries and other threads but no recipe ones

for the lady who wanted the recipe have found it and bumped it up

whoops what a doughnut i have been using the wrong search bit i have been using the dark blue bit up the top instead of the one in light blue :eek: i take it all back :)

Hi Emma here's a recipe for the kebab ....

1tsp plain flour
1tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
1/2tsp garlic powder
1/2tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
500g/1.1lb lamb mince

Preheat oven to 180 C/350F/Gas mark 4

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, cayenne pepper,salt and black pepper

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 mins until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is smooth

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 mins, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foul. Allow to rest for 10 mins

Slice the doner kebab as thinly as possible and serve with salad and wholemeal pitta1HEX

Thanks for posting the recipe - does anyone know how many syns there are in the whole 'loaf', please?

It's quite high actually unless you get extra lean lamb (which is hard to get) or mince your own. Many ppl now do it will beef which is really good too or with chicken and do like a gyros :)

Keldelacoe said:
It's quite high actually unless you get extra lean lamb (which is hard to get) or mince your own. Many ppl now do it will beef which is really good too or with chicken and do like a gyros :)

Oh and I'd miss out the flour it makes no different... Extra lean omitting the pitta be free same for chicken or extra lean beef

emmamarie22 said:
Thanks for everyone who responded. I am going to try it 2nite. did anyone know the sun value?

What are you using meat wise?

emmamarie22 said:
Lean mince lamb.

If its less than 16% fat it's 2 syns per 100g

More than 16% is 5 syns per 100g.

You can get extra lean in the uk At the mo (making it free) as I said other than syncing it, extra lean beef works well too

metrognome said:
your lucky then cause it dont work for me :(, i type it in the search at the top and i get all the food diaries and other threads but no recipe ones

for the lady who wanted the recipe have found it and bumped it up

This is the same for me on iPad, not sure why. But I can never find anything on search :(

Keldelacoe said:
Mmmm I only use my iPad and iPhone I can't find anything on the laptop lol

Weird isn't it, I always try search and it brings random posts up, mostly food diaries :( x

Back