SW mag, anyone else think they should do less EE?

Lovely_Laura

Moooooo
I haven't read this copy all the way through yet but it just seems all the recipe and menu ideas are constantly EE. I know that SW are promoting EE alot, C's normally start new people off on it but does anyone else get the impression they want us all to stop red/green? I think there's been 3 mags since I started and I've not noticed a 7 day menu other than EE and it bothers me. I know it shouldn't but sometimes we need help too. Am I alone in this?:8855:

Well, I used to do the old Green and Red days, and to be honest thats instilled in my mind, so started off with the EE day yest, but will def alternate it with Green and Red days. I miss that extra 2 HE choices you get with Green and Red.

I know with both Green and Red, you loose well, as long as your alternate them, If you do all green, your losses are slower, but mixing them does make a difference.

I think, stick with what you know, but there is still no harm in doing EE, as it does work too. Quite good to have a diet, where you can switch days like that anyway. x

I haven't go tthis months mag yet but have been really dissapointed that the last couple have had so many EE & not enough red/green recipies IMO.

I actually emailed slimming world about it as i think its unfair, i love learning new recipies ! Never heard anything back from them mind :rolleyes:

I have to agree with you - they do seem to promote the EE more than anything else :(

EternalFlame - I wouldn't say losses are slower doing all green. I do all green, enough though I am not veggie and my losses haven't been small or slower than anyone else's, it all depends on the individual. I believe each person should find their own days which they are comfortable with and have good losses and not to prejudice against a day because you yourself don't lose well.

I do feel that because Slimming World do too much EE days in the mag. I would be nice to have a good mixed of all days.

I had no response either when I emailed:sigh:. I did EE for a week but was disappointed with the results (my fault as I didn't eat enough veg I think) so haven't done it since. The recipes always look wonderful but I'm not sure I'm willing to try EE again. Maybe I should but just feel more comfortable with red/green. I've got loads of lovely ideas from you guys but would like a mag with a 7 day menu and the lovely little shopping list they put in the back because however organised I think I'm being I always forget something vital.:eek:

Tell you what, everyone who agrees please say so in the thread even if it's just a yes or no and I'll email them the link. Maybe they'll listen to more than one of us. People power!:D

EternalFlame - I wouldn't say losses are slower doing all green. I do all green, enough though I am not veggie and my losses haven't been small or slower than anyone else's, it all depends on the individual. I believe each person should find their own days which they are comfortable with and have good losses and not to prejudice against a day because you yourself don't lose well.

I do feel that because Slimming World do too much EE days in the mag. I would be nice to have a good mixed of all days.

Definatley, re the individual. I just know that my group and when I was on it last time, that all Green Days slowed down losses. There are 18 that stay to group, and they do say the same, but again.. its down to how you get on with the diet. But its great to do a mix, it does give you that freedom too. x

I had no response either when I emailed:sigh:. I did EE for a week but was disappointed with the results (my fault as I didn't eat enough veg I think) so haven't done it since. The recipes always look wonderful but I'm not sure I'm willing to try EE again. Maybe I should but just feel more comfortable with red/green. I've got loads of lovely ideas from you guys but would like a mag with a 7 day menu and the lovely little shopping list they put in the back because however organised I think I'm being I always forget something vital.:eek:

Maybe you didn't eat enough of the Super Free Foods, that boosts your weight. AS I started yest and already saw the scales had moved down since then, this morn, and that was an EE day, but then again.. it does depend on the person too.. No real answer, but.. I think it does differ person to person. x

I think they are right to push their "new product" rather than the old. It's what all businesses would do and IMO I don't have an issue with it at all.

I do recall, in the last mag, a whole section on green recipes though, they were lovely.

Also, don't forget, the mag is aimed at getting new members - getting the non-SW public to try the diet for a week, hence the 7 day eating plan.

This month, I've had a quick flick through, there's a good mix IMO. The Spanish recipes are a mix of red and EE and the After Work section is a mix of EE and red and green!

As an "old school" SW member I also take an EE meal and use one of the choices as a HEX. So if I was making the paella on a green day, I'd just use a HEX of chicken and/or prawns.

Also, for example on pg 18 it lists roast pepper cous cous as free on EE, this is also free on green, it just doesn't say so.

I really don't think it's that bad guys!

You're right Jaylou, there is a bit of a mix or ways around some of the recipes if you want to do red/green. I guess once the mag was available to buy in shops it changed a little to get new members in. It did used to be class only didn't it or am I going mad? I think it must be tricky for veggies though, I'm not sure as the mag is now you'd be encouraging new veggie members.

I'd still like to see 7 day menus other than EE though. I know it's asking alot but think it's only fair once in a while.:jelous:

jaylou... I haven't seen this month's mag but I will certainly look out for the Paella... I know I can adapt most of my 'old' recipes to perfect green days, but it would help sometimes to have a little help with imagination. I've got my hubbie on SW with me and I know he will get bored of the diet unless I can think of some imaginative ideas. And so far I have got quiet a few from the mags. Also I do agree that as a new part of SW EE days should be promoted to the general public, but to do it every month?? Not sure about that. Can't the mag be divided up by 3 for Red, Green and EE?

I've just briefly been through this months mag and not including puds and listing meals free on green and EE as both....

6 red
6 green
18 EE

And on lots of the EE they probably put potatoes with it because they can, so with a chicken salad you could have pots as a B on red or chicken as a B on green. Very adaptable if you know the plans and the rules.

If you on the SW website, under Eat and Slim, there is a 7 day green menu and a 7 day red and green menu, as well as the obligatory EE!

Jaylou I understand the rules of the diet and how you can swap around HEXb's, to suit whatever particular day you are having. But some people out there still need a little guidance on what to eat. And I for instance have almost become a veggie since starting SW and only have Salmon as a HEXb once a week. My veggie recipes are very limited and I would of hoped the the SW mag could have given me a few ideas with out having to add fish or meat to a Green Day. I was just saying that I would have liked a 100% Green Day meal without having to change any HEXb's for the day.

I am not saying that the SW mag doesn't provide them, I was just saying that their isn't enough mix between all days, and with your stats above it proves it :)

I can't afford to go to a SW Group or join on-line so the mag once a month can be a great resource for me.

I'll pick my copy up on Monday too. I've been doing EE since I joined in January, not really looked at Red or Green days, to be honest, cos EE is working for me. Can you not just adapt the recepes to make them Red or Green? We've been buying back issues from our C to make money for a local charity, and all of the recepes are Red or Green, but that's not stopped some of us having them, or adapting them

Do any of you use BBC good food website? I find this a great source of inspiration for all meals and just don't use the suggested oils/butter etc.

I think we have to agree to disagree olliebog, I think there is a good mix, red and green are old news now so I think there will be less and less as time goes on - like I said though, there was a green day feature last month so they are still doing some.

It's about going with the majority at SW I think, I doubt very much it will change.

Back