SW Meetings

vj

I went to my first SW meeting last night. Had the newbies chat (which was fine) and stayed for the group session. Do they take the same format for you?
We had 15 mins talking about family food optimising then the leader went through everyones sheet individually. If anyone had weight loss or maintains, everyone clapped. If there was a gain, total loss was clapped.Each person talked about how their eating had gone that week.
I know it's all very supportive, but is this typical?
Maybe it's just something I'll have to acclimatise to.

When I was a SW member my classes took on the same format. But I ended up only going to the weigh-ins which was a huge waste of money as I hated talking to a whole group about my weight and what I had and hadn't eaten. Not my scene being centre of attention!!

I hope you enjoy your class and good luck with your weight loss. :)

I went to my first SW meeting last night. Had the newbies chat (which was fine) and stayed for the group session. Do they take the same format for you?
We had 15 mins talking about family food optimising then the leader went through everyones sheet individually. If anyone had weight loss or maintains, everyone clapped. If there was a gain, total loss was clapped.Each person talked about how their eating had gone that week.
I know it's all very supportive, but is this typical?
Maybe it's just something I'll have to acclimatise to.

yep thats how my SW group is run...
the first time when i had to talk- jesus had a heart attack- lol:eek: :eek: :eek:

What did u think of it?

Yes similar format to my SW group, but as there are so many members, you don't get much of a chance to say much. I "love" my class sessions, I find them totally inspiring, and as I am of a competitive nature, often set up a challenge with other ladies, especially those who joined when I did and maybe struggling, or those that generally just get totally demotivated.

I think each class depends on the consultant, mine is a very successful lady, and runs 5 or 6 very large classes a week, so she knows what works and what doesn't.

Try and stay to class, it does pay it's dividends in the end.

I can't do the diet without going to class. The class is a bore, but I need the online facility. The online facility is fantastic, food diaries, working out syns etc.

Back