SW on your own or attending a group ?

I used to go to group but the time it took to go around everyone used all the time up. Am attempting to do it from home now and see how that goes. I know it will be harder to resist the bad stuff but I will just have to remain focused in order to drop the lard once and for all.

I go to class on a Saturday morning at 9am. This is the first time I have always stayed to class and my consultant and group are amazing which really, really helps. I've tried to go it alone more times than I care to remember and I've given in every time the going got tough.

This is my first time on SW, and I've only done 6 weeks - but I couldn't without group. I stay to group as long as I can to hear any tips from anyone and how people have done even though I have to leave half an hour before it's technically done so I can cross town for my choir rehearsal. Through staying to group I've got to know some ppl fro work better, caught up with ppl I used to work with, and started making frineds with people. We're all in the same boat, and the support from that is fab.

Doing it alone I wouldn't trust myself not to fluff it up. I don't have scales at home for good reason, so I can't torture myself getting on and off all the time and I can't hide how well I've done / not done.

Horses for courses!

For me I have to attend group. If I don't attend, I don't lose. In fact, quite the oppisite - I pile all of my weight back on.

This is my second time on SW. I had previously lost a stone on the plan, and then late July for personal reasons I had to stop going to group.

I kept telling myself I'll go back next week, but I never did. So I told myself, I can follow the plan from home, but again - I never did. I ate and ate and ate, not sticking to plan at all, and by the time I came back from a weeks all inclusive holiday to Benidorm in September, I had re-gained 10lb (almost all of what I'd lost!)

I came back from my holiday on the Sunday, and decided to bite the bullet and re-join class on the Tuesday. Honestly, it's the best decision I've ever made. I've lost 10lb so far - so I'm back to where I was before I gave in the first time around :)

For me it is the support, motivation and inspiration you get from Image Therapy that keeps me going. You can pick up some really invaluable tips - somethings which you would never learn/think of on your own.

I know it's all personal preference, but I just know I could never successfully follow the plan from home xx

alone didnt like group, wasnt for me one bit!

size 26 jeans to an 18! longest ive stayed motivated in my life!

bought all the books needed and save my club fees in a jar i pay hubs to weigh me weekly.. is working well and i have a nice jar of free cash to buy new sized clothes as the sizes drop, to which i say look at these free jeans! :cool:

this forum is my club.. very helpfull indeed :D

Group all the way for me.
There's no way I'd be successful on my own. With group you get hints, tips, support and motivation.
Yes you get that on here and there are some wonderful people on this forum, people with whom I'm sure I'd be friends in real life BUT you don't get the support of a consultant, the up to date information and someone weighing you each week.

I need the "threat of the scales" to keep me going. I know that by Friday or Saturday, if I've been a bit off plan, that I need to start pulling it back a bit ready for Tuesday. If I did it at home, I'd be more inclined to think "stuff it" and leave it another week.

I know some say that if you are focussed you'll lose weight on your own, but not for me.

Just another thought, if you attend group when you reach your target you have free membership for life :) Drop into group when you need to, access the website for up to date info etc all for free.

Group for me, I would never stick to it if I did it alone - I need also need the threat of the scales to stick to it! However....I must admit I find group sooooooo boring!

My C is lovely and so helpful as is everyone in my group but its just such a big group that 95% of the time is spent getting peoples wishes for next week's loss which takes FOREVER and i'm always starving ready to run for the door as soon as its over. :D

Back