Red Day SW Quiche (savoury slice)

I have just put this in the oven!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hope I have done it right!

i sprinkled 42g of cathedial city over half way through. I had some hot and some cold for work, it really is lovely. I have never been keen on all the pasty around normal flans

I know I am a few weeks late coming in on this thread but I make this recipe, but with a lot of veggies, such as chopped courgettes, tomatoes, onions, cooked broccoli, sliced mushrooms, cooked pasta if you wish, I also put the cottage cheese through the liquidiser as I don’t like the lumps.

i used to make one of these, but with sausages, bacon, mushrooms, cutting them all up and pouring 4 mixed eggs over it, dont like cottage cheese, so didn't bother with that. I used to mix in some cheese from my healthy extra through it also, and it was like a nice breakfast quiche.

I made one today 4eggs a tub of cottage cheese some bacon , morrisons sausages and cheese (hexa) sprinkled on top.
Im waiting for it to get cold i prefer it like that

OMG this was lush! And there i was wandering through life thinking i hated cottage cheese ;)

This looks deliicc!! Il maybe try it out for tea 2mora night! Thanks! :):)

Hungry now.

Have just made one, outta the oven now cooling. Smells great and making me feel very hungry! Will let you know what it's like later! Good job it is free don't think it will last long.:eatdrink023::happy096::bliss::talk017:

Try it with onion and 1 syn worth corned beef mmmmmmmmmmmmm lush!

Oooh yes I make all sorts of quiche like this, really yum & quick!!

My favs:

Quorn sausage, onion & tesco meat free bacon (green)

Morrisons syn free sausage(skin removed) & leek (red)

Cheesy Pasta & sauce & onion (green)

Hi, hope you don't mind me asking for is the Tescos meat free bacon free on green - I have to travel a few miles to get the chilled quorn bacon (1/2 syn for whole pack) and would love to find an acceptable alternative. Thanks.

Hi, hope you don't mind me asking for is the Tescos meat free bacon free on green - I have to travel a few miles to get the chilled quorn bacon (1/2 syn for whole pack) and would love to find an acceptable alternative. Thanks.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is 1/2 syn on original and green. x

[/FONT]

You can use quark instead of cottage its smoother and doesn't need too much blending. Sorry for butting in but this was one of my favs when I was doing slimming world lol

I made my first one today, going to use it as part of a (green day) picnic for my son's school sports day.

Used:
4 eggs,
cottage cheese
Red Onion
Courgette
Mushrooms
1/2 Red Capsicum

It looks lovely, just need to stay away from it, until tomorrow :copon:

Everyone else is going to be eating sausage sizzles, so figured if i take my own food, I won't be tempted and i can save my sins for wine, over the weekend.

Hey guys am gonna try this out at the weekend. I can only get low fat natural cottage cheese not very low fat but according to the syns its only 0.5 syns per 100g for the low fat one! Is that right? :)

All Day Breakfast Quiche

Hi everyone,
I came up with this version yesterday for my recipe site. I've had it for today's lunch - it's delish & very filling :p I've saved some for later this afternoon as we're out at a do tonight with a meal so hopefully this will stop me stuffing my face when the food finally arrives ;)

All Day Breakfast Quiche

Syns per Serving | Original – Syn Free**
Servings |2
**add 6 Syns per serving if not using the cheese as a Healthy Extra option

Ingredients
- Fry Light
- 8 Morrisons Eat Smart Diet pork sausages
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 250gm pack lean smoked bacon, chopped
- 85gm (3 oz) reduced fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 300gm tub very low fat cottage cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch dried mixed herbs
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 190C / 375F / Gas Mark 5. Spray two medium flan dishes with Fry Light. Remove the skins from the sausages and place four sausages into each dish. Flatten with a fork and spread the sausage meat over the base of the dishes; don’t worry if the sausage meat layer is really thin as the egg mixture will fill in any gaps.

2. Bake the sausage meat bases for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, fry the bacon and onion in a pan sprayed with Fry Light until the onion softens and the bacon begins to brown. Divide this mixture equally over the two flan bases.

3. Sprinkle each of the bases with 42gm (1½ oz) of the grated cheese. Blend the eggs with the cottage cheese, mixed herbs and pepper using a stick blender (or beat with a fork but the end result will not be as smooth. Spoon this mixture equally over the two bases and allow to soak in for a minute or two. Decorate the tops of the quiches with slices of cherry tomato.

4. Bake the quiches in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown and set. Allow to cool, then cut into wedges and serve.

With quark would you use the same amount as if using cottage cheese, ie 250g....... Might give it a go.

yes same amount of quark as cottage cheese

Back