Sw quiche!

Iade one and found it very bland and crumbled wast keen!

Has anyone else made the quiche in something other than ramakins? Iv only got 2 ramakins and wAnt ed to make a good few of the quiches! What else can I use to make it?

i use small bake ware tubs i brought in tescos they are oblong
oh i missed the frylight bit!!! but mine always come out ok

I use a quiche tin, but the cottage cheese can make it watery. The one i just made had quite a bit of water seeping out. Will still eat it though :D

That's probably down to the quantities you used - I use cottage cheese all the time and they never turn out watery. What ingredients and quantities did you use?

carlyb30 said:
Iade one and found it very bland and crumbled wast keen!

Oh they are not bland at all.

I add Sauted onions to mine along with whatever other fillings I am putting in and often add some Parmesan or strong cheddar too, using a HEa allowance.

I used a recipe from here, about 400g cottage cheese with onions, mushrooms, ham and eggs, tomatoes and cheese on top

mia_angel said:
I use a quiche tin, but the cottage cheese can make it watery. The one i just made had quite a bit of water seeping out. Will still eat it though :D

If you strain the cottage cheese before mixing everything else in, it should stop that happening.

Made the quiche yesterday n it was absolutely gorgeous! Even my 16 month old son loved it!! I put peppers onion tomatoes and some broccoli I had left over in it!! Will def make it again!

Mrsbrogden22 said:
Has anyone else made the quiche in something other than ramakins? Iv only got 2 ramakins and wAnt ed to make a good few of the quiches! What else can I use to make it?

I make it in normal large quiche dish?

I usually make mine in a flan dish and use quark instead of cottage cheese x

Thanks for that idea, i dont like cottage cheese but now i can try this with the quark.

yas quark is good for sw flan. if you grate/crumble the cheese for the flan into the quark the night before and just let it sit in the fridge it takes on the flavour of the cheese and is gooood!!

Mmm, this quiche sounds lovely, perfect for my Success Express week lunches with a load of salad. Thanks for the recipe whoever invented it! I'd make some now if I wasn't out of eggs, bah.

Recipe for sw quiche please, quick!!!

Ok, I know I've most probably posted this on the wrong thread but PLEASE someone give me a recipe for SW quiche quickly, I've only got half an hour to do it and have to dash out........thankyou in anticipation folks!!! xx

I am just making mine! 3 eggs, 150g fat free cottage cheese, bacon and onion, some people add a pack of pasta n sauce too c

I make mine with onions, mushrooms, bacon, 300g pot of cottage cheese and 3 eggs. Top it off with a sprinkle of parmasan and sliced tomatos.

Back