SW restaurant

*honey

Silver Member
Hi,
So on the food pic thread last night, i said just as a comment, maybe i should open a SW restaurant.
Well, i've been thinking about this idea all night now, cant get it out of my head as a good idea.
Now i have no experience in runing a restaurant, or any money for such a idea.
but i am keen to try and pursue this idea.
I think it would be great............. red/green and EE menu's, food all synned and HE marked, with starter/main and puddings. maybe healthy salad bar ( like Pizza hut, but healthy)
Not sure if SW would even allow it, but might email and test the water.

Any ideas or thoughts anyone????

they did used to have syn value on some menu's at a few restaurants, stopped tho, dont know why

There is one called skinnimalix or something close in Liverpool. Do a search on the forum for the details :)

There is one called skinnimalix or something close in Liverpool. Do a search on the forum for the details :)

Yeah, I found a newspaper article on this cafe last night, they syn, point and calorie count all there food.
I was thinking a actual restaurant, for lunch and dinner

I would help you Honey!

Cool. I will try to make some enquiries...... i'd heard of such a things as a business angel......someone who backs a project, financially. cos i have £0 :(
but i really think there is something in it.

Top idea. All I know is you need to 'apply' to SW for a SW certificate.

Research your project, it may be a good idea, but is there a need, think about advertising, where would it be......... Look at other restaurants, cafe's what do they have that works, how will yours be different. You could get a job in a cafe/restaurant to gain experience.;)

Keep us posted on this it's so exciting.

Yeah, figured i'd need SW approval. I know there is nothing like this nearby me anyway. Think it would have its own target customer, but seeing as SW is very popular, i feel it would have a good customer base/ need for such a place. Need to get researching. Have tons of menu ideas:)

Do you have any business experience? A restaurant is a business like any other. You need to understand financing, business property law, how to recruit staff, and all the legislation covering the serving of food, hygiene, etc.

Not trying to put you off, but you do need to be realistic.

Do you have any business experience? A restaurant is a business like any other. You need to understand financing, business property law, how to recruit staff, and all the legislation covering the serving of food, hygiene, etc.

Not trying to put you off, but you do need to be realistic.

I am aware of all this, I am self employed currently, so financing and tax etc are ok. have friends in the legal world i can talk to.
I know there is a lot of health and safety and food hygiene red tape etc.
I'll learn. Major issue is no money to set this up, so could all be pipe dreams!
But its worth investigating, nothing ventured nothing gained.

I've thought about this a few times and even have a name for my restaurant but have always been told I would have to pay some of my proceeds to the slimming clubs I used... I had planned on WW, SW and atkins menus. Let me know how you get on!

Hi not sure where in suffolk u are, but in Diss there is a cafe with an additional 'SW' menu, not sure its particulary offical but might be worth a visit for some ideas/inspiration!!! i've only been there a couple of times cos its tiny and notparticularly buggy friendly

Have you thought about applying to Dragons Den? You could make up some typical SW meals as your 'prototype'. I'm not sure how it works! Once you'd done all the research it might be something worth considering. I know that one of them has made money from health clubs...he might be interested in the concept :) xx

I dont know what SW do about restaurants etc but any butchers that make syn-free or low-syn products and sell them as approved by SW have to pay a hefty yearly fee to have all their products tested and analysed to be able to advertise them as such. You would also have to be careful I suspect around stuff that SW have copyrighted, I dont know anything about copyright but I imagine that they wouldnt be too pleased if you were offering a meal that they had in one of their recipe books, fe.

It is something that we often discuss in group and think would be a great idea, and I am sure many before us have thought the same thing, but it begs the question, if its such a great idea, then why arent more people doing it? There must be a reason for this, its not like they would suffer from lack of custom.

Back