SW slow cooker

Rach1986

Hi guys,

I gave a bit of a love affair with my slow cooker but need some new inspiration. I seem to do a lot of tomato base stuff and need some new ideas. Has anybody got any??

thank you!!! Xx

We usually do our Sunday meat in ours, then with beef we chuck it in the oven with the spuds for the last 15 minutes or so to brown off. Chicken usually falls apart so I'm not game to move that around any more than I need to lol.

Other than that I tend to do spag bol and chillies in it so I am interested in any inspiration that gets posted :)

This is just what I'm after, I'm a bit obsessed with my slow coiner so was hoping I'd be able to find lot of Slimming world slow cooker recipes :)

I love my slow cooker too! I do a moroccan chicken dish which always goes down well.

a large chopped onion
crushed garlic
sweet potatoes chopped into bite size chunks
skinless chicken thigh fillets
half a lemon
chopped fresh coriander
chicken stock
a small handful of sweet baby tomatoes
generous amount of moroccan spices (can buy it ready mixed like Schwarz ones or make your own)

- Rub spice mix on the chicken and marinade for as long as you can.
- Brown the onions & garlic in fry light.
- Add everything to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on how much you've put in.
- Take the lemon out before serving :)

I usually brown the onions & marinade the chicken the night before and pop them all in a tub in the fridge. Then in the morning I whack everything in the slow cooker so when I get home from work it's all done.

I serve with couscous, pomegranate seeds if I've got some and total fat free greek yoghurt.

I love my slow cooker too! I do a moroccan chicken dish which always goes down well.

a large chopped onion
crushed garlic
sweet potatoes chopped into bite size chunks
skinless chicken thigh fillets
half a lemon
chopped fresh coriander
chicken stock
a small handful of sweet baby tomatoes
generous amount of moroccan spices (can buy it ready mixed like Schwarz ones or make your own)

- Rub spice mix on the chicken and marinade for as long as you can.
- Brown the onions & garlic in fry light.
- Add everything to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours depending on how much you've put in.
- Take the lemon out before serving :)

I usually brown the onions & marinade the chicken the night before and pop them all in a tub in the fridge. Then in the morning I whack everything in the slow cooker so when I get home from work it's all done.

I serve with couscous, pomegranate seeds if I've got some and total fat free greek yoghurt.

This sounds amazing!! can't wait to try it :)

This sounds amazing!! can't wait to try it :)

It does, doesn't it!

My favourite at the moment is:

Stewing/casserole steak (cubed)
Paprika
Bag Tesco 3 bean casserole mix
Tin tomatoes
Kidney beans in chilli sauce

Coat the casserole steak with paprika and leave it in the fridge overnight
Throw into the slow cooker first and stir so it browns a little
Add the 3 been casserole mix and tomatoes
Leave as long as you can
Stir in the kidney beans near the end of cooking

Eat and enjoy!

Yesterday I cooked the sw caribbean pepperpot stew in mine, just adjusted the liquid quantities down for the slow cooker and left it on low all day - boiled some rice up and served - it was absolutely scrummy!!

Trying the pulled pork tomorrow :)

I should use my slow cooker more often than I do - however one thing I like to make is a Gammon dish its so yummy and so easy!

I am not very good at measuring things out but this is what I roughly put in

2x tins baked beans
1x tin chopped tomatoes
2x peppers (green is what I use as I don't like them on their own)
1x gammon joint (750g - I usually use unsmoked and remove any excess fat)
1x tsp paprika
1x tsp chilli
1x vegetable stock cube (I usually use reduced salt stock cubes)

The only real prep you could do for this is remove any excess fat & soak the gammon for a few hours in water to remove any excess salt - however most store bought joint aren't very salty anyway so I just rinse before using.

All you have to do is toss all the ingredients into the slowcooker and leave for 6-8 hours. I like to leave mine until the gammon is able to be pulled apart like pulled pork.

This would be a completely free meal on EE and EESP. I do sometimes add chopped new potatoes into this to bulk it out (or have a jacket potato on the side) so this would only be a free meal on EE not EESP

Also I play around with the ingredients - I sometimes do more beans and tomatoes & veg so the meal goes that bit further & sometimes up the chilli or paprika depending on how hot I fancy it.

Back