SW the Vegan or Vegetarian way....

Linda Mccartney onion and rosemary sausages are free

Quorn low fat frozen sausages are free

Tins of normal baked beans are free and so are some of the flavoured ones

I've never seen beans that are 10 syns unless you had the tab set on red instead of green ?

I'm glad the onion and rosemary sausages are free, I bought a pack for tea, sausage and mash tonight! I love the Linda McCartney range, so far the only product I don't like is the farmhouse pie (I bought it thinking it was the ale and onion), of course that was before I started back up at SW, I dread to think what the syn value is on those pies!!

Sent from my U8815 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I am glad too that the LM onion and rosemary sausages are free, they are very tasty. I dont eat Quorn as it contains egg white, but Frys have a lovely range of vegan faux meats. Using up the last of the potatoes tonight, smashed and roasted with warm lentil salad. This is all left over from Boxing day. Losing lbs, but saving pounds :)

I prefer the linda McCartney sausages, even the 2 syn ones compared to quorn ones.
I like almost all vegetables. Fan of quorn pieces and fillets. I'm hoping to be more adventruous this time around to avoid getting in a lull.

So what do you all think to the new plan? I really enjoy having my extra hex's which would mean I would have to follow the EEsp but that plan is very "anti Carbs" and I really like pasta rice and potatoes plus products like quorn don't appear to be allowed because it isn't "pure" food. Think I'm going to stick to green) , I have group in a few hours so I will be quizzing my consultant about it. Do you think the syn checkers (books and online) will still show the correct values for both red and green plans?

The new booklet only has syns for EE, but as far as I understand it the web site will continue to show syns for Red and Green.

I am going to continue with Green for the majority of the time, as like you I like my carbs and extra Hex A's and B's. However, I think EE SP will be useful every now and then if I've had a gain or want to "prepare in advance" for a big night out.

Hi Jogirl,my consultant has said the same as you about the syns for green being online. I will stick to green but the EEsp will def be handy for those odd weeks when I struggle. I lost 2lbs tonight, I have never lost weight during the week of Christmas before :) xx

Regarding Syn values - I've been looking through the 2013 Food Directory and I've yet to find a veggie product where the EE and the Green Syn values are not identical. Some things which contain meat and pasta/rice/potatoes have different values for Green and EE, but not all; however, those wouldn't matter to veggies as they wouldn't even consider the product. From this, I reckon you can stick to Green and count the EE Syn values.

(Things with Syn values which don't contain Free foods eg biscuits, crisps, jarred sauces, bought soups etc all had the same value on all plans).

I'm sticking with Green :)

You are still allowed tofu, quorn etc on the new plan - it's all under 'P' on the meat page of the new booklet ( probably why we all skipped it!). So the new plans are very do-able for veggies and vegans who are willing to drop the 2ns healthy extras, and cut out most carbs for a SP day

The new booklet only has syns for EE, but as far as I understand it the web site will continue to show syns for Red and Green.

I am going to continue with Green for the majority of the time, as like you I like my carbs and extra Hex A's and B's. However, I think EE SP will be useful every now and then if I've had a gain or want to "prepare in advance" for a big night out.

That's good to hear, my consultant said that they wouldn't be supporting the red or green plans at all, via books or website. I can understand them not printing new books with the old plans but its not that hard to keep the info on the website.

Huzzah for that! I had found myself eating 15 syns a day while doing the new EE, (normally a 5-10 girl), I haven't attempted as EEsp yet, though I have thought about it and wondered if that will count? As I said on another thread I giving going to give EE a go and then maybe next week, if I am feeling brave try a EEsp day or two, because my weight loss is really slow, so anything is worth a punt. But I am a carb junkie, a good carb junkie, its wholemeal, but verily we shall see what the scales shall say.

Some advice then please my lovelies. I was going to say blow the expense, buy the a Woman magazine for the voucher and join a group tomorrow evening. But now I am not so sure having seen lots of negative comments about the new plans, especially on Facebook. What do you think, will my vegan lifestyle work with the new plan or should I stick to the green plan? I do love my carbs, especially potatoes & brown rice and worry I might feel hungry (and I get hungry very quickly!). Last night I had a vegan lentil shepherd's pie (no fat used) with peas and Brussels, would that still be syn free?

Purplefran - if you are still losing weight on your diet, then stick with it. The Green plan is still being supported (albeit online only which I appreciate is not helpful for you) and it's not going to stop working just because the focus of SW has changed, IYSWIM! As a vegan, your diet is fairly restricted by some standards (and that isn't intended to be critical BTW) and I can see sense in you having 2 lots of HExs so that you can have nuts as well as eg bread.

The vegan cheese isn't listed in the new book - but wasn't in my old one either - and I haven't yet found the detailed list of HExs on the website, so I'm sure someone else will be along to answer that particular question. However, if it's working for you, the why stop? You have to make a diet suit you if you are to be successful!

Thank you Notsofattypatty. I have literally just started so was wondering if I should swap. I do like having 2 HEs so maybe I will stick to green :) x

The down side to the EEsp is that it is a low Carb plan which I really don't like. Can't live without potatoes and pasta etc!! :)

What do you all have when eating Chinese take-way? The Chinese we normally go to only offer veg curry and veg chow mein plus veg hot and sour soup. I'm not sure of the syn values and cannot find anything on the website. :(

Back