SW tummy ache and IBS

Hi All

I'm on my second day of SW and both days have been green days. Now I must admit over the past fess months I have eaten really badly and as I result am considerably bigger then I would like to be.

Anyway, this evening I have particularly bad tummy ache and my IBS is very unhappy. Has anyone else experienced this after being naughty and going back to eating healthily and if so did it get better?

Any major change can be a shock to the system, even if it's a change for the better. Eg. If someone didn't eat any fruit or veg ever (unhealthy) then started eating lots (healthy), their systems would struggle to cope, but get used to it after a while. I suppose you could try to isolate what it is that's causing the discomfort and try to reintroduce it more slowly. You're hardly going to enjoy the start of your SW journey if you're in pain, and it'd be easier to stick to it if it's a positive experience.

(Note: Alpen lights and similar bars can cause painful bloating in lots of people. I'm one of them. I've tried cutting them out, then just having one to test that it is that, and it def is. I only need to eat one to be in pain for a few days. If you've been eating them as your sweet treat it may be worth cutting them out for a while).

Thanks Lucky 7, I feel a bit better today and hopefully when my tummy has forgiven me for the healthy choices it will get better.

Yes Hun I have the same issue! Shock your system to sw way of life and stick to it as much as you can and it should help get better xx

I'd agree with all of the above and just add that IBS is such an individual thing... you may need to experiment a bit to find out how SW will work for you without aggravating your IBS. I have suffered from IBS since my mid teens, and I now have a pretty good idea of the things that are most likely to set me off, although I still get it wrong occasionally. They are not always the same as the things that act as a trigger for other sufferers. I don't eat the cereal type bars myself, but I have noticed several people on here seem to be affected by them.

Once your body gets used to the healthier SW way of eating, I bet you will soon be able to work out the best way of using the plan to suit you.

Good luck.

Thanks all, I'm pleased to report on day 5 that I am so much happier and so is my tum. I'm really enjoying SW and I feel much healthier. Actually looking forward to weigh in!!!

I normally find that if I have been good and stuck to the diet for a few weeks and then have a sneaky chocolate bar or something loike that I get really bad cramps. It is a good way of staying on track as well ;)

Back