SW virgin... Let's get started!

Curvie

Hello all it's been months since ive logged back on here it's good to be back again anyway. Where do I start really? I have done all the diets under the sun but I have never tried Slimming World. I am on many social media sites and recently I have read so many success stories!
So here I am :) this year has been wonderful for me landed myself a super job , a beautiful holiday to Dominican Republic in August with my sweet heart of a Boyfriend... a bridesmaid for my best friend. And now we are currently looking at buying our first home together next year.
Recently I have gained so much weight in January 2016 I weighed 13st 8lbs and today I weigh 15st 12 lbs how ive let myself go so badly!!!
Me and my BF want to try for a baby come January 2017 and these no way I can be this size and pregnant so I am taking action as of now. I need to get fitter not just for me but I owe this to my body I look and feel a total mess.

My friend rang me last night asking if I would join SW with her and I agreed so I will be joining a class next week Thursday evening (4th November ) until then I will be counting calories to bring down my fat weight.

I have no idea how SW works but I have been reading up on the RED DAYs plan and this might suit me better for a few months.
All I need to think about is our baby plans for next year, these no reason why I cant do this!!

I'm here and I will prove to those I can do it and will......

Heya, welcome back and welcome to SW!

If you've already tried a lot of diets, you should find SW pretty easy... It's far easier than counting calories! It's also safe to do while pregnant, they have special plan adaptations for expecting mummies and an extra booklet, so even if you're still dieting when baby-time comes around, you don't have to worry :D
If you just cut out doughy foods and reduce your dairy & sugar intake this week, you'll already be halfway on plan by the time you arrive (Isn't Thursday the 3rd..? Haha).

Well done for taking control of this, it sounds like it's all that's missing from your life at the moment! You're gonna do great~
Good luck and keep us updated x

Heya, welcome back and welcome to SW!

If you've already tried a lot of diets, you should find SW pretty easy... It's far easier than counting calories! It's also safe to do while pregnant, they have special plan adaptations for expecting mummies and an extra booklet, so even if you're still dieting when baby-time comes around, you don't have to worry :D
If you just cut out doughy foods and reduce your dairy & sugar intake this week, you'll already be halfway on plan by the time you arrive (Isn't Thursday the 3rd..? Haha).

Well done for taking control of this, it sounds like it's all that's missing from your life at the moment! You're gonna do great~
Good luck and keep us updated x
Hello :) and you've hit the nail on the head my weight is what's missing from my life right now. I just want that happy feeling about my body again. Here's to SW getting me there lol and I didn't know you could follow the plan whilst pregnant that's a bonus thanks!!

How long have you been on the plan? my worry is the daily cooking I'm not a huge fan lol I was going to follow weight watchers to get away from the evening cooking after work. Ok Thursday is the 3rd then :) hahaha I was engrossed in watching EastEnders to check my calendar. x

Shan

I did it a couple of years ago but ended up having to leave as I moved away... Been back on plan for... 9 weeks now I think!

SW have their own brand of ready meals and cereal bars so that helps when you don't feel like cooking. You're also allowed things like mug shots and instant noodles. I generally make big pots of soup, quiches and pasta salads on the weekend so that I don't have to bother cooking on Monday haha~ I know a lot of people who freeze meals! You'll be fine, I actually enjoy cooking more now :D

I did it a couple of years ago but ended up having to leave as I moved away... Been back on plan for... 9 weeks now I think!

SW have their own brand of ready meals and cereal bars so that helps when you don't feel like cooking. You're also allowed things like mug shots and instant noodles. I generally make big pots of soup, quiches and pasta salads on the weekend so that I don't have to bother cooking on Monday haha~ I know a lot of people who freeze meals! You'll be fine, I actually enjoy cooking more now :D
Morning i have made the slimming world quiche before. I am looking forward to having these again for lunch at work with salad. the scales this morning are down a pound 15st 12 lb I am sit sat in bed with my late breakfast 3 satsumas and watermelon. Lunch I will have eggs and beans and dinner will be a large fillet chicken & coleslaw even though I am not officially on plan yet I am trying to eat better. The instant noodles which ones do you mean? :) I have a new soup maker which I bought in the New Year sales this will be coming out next week.... call me lazy lol x

Morning! It's yummy, right? I don't even miss the pastry that much, and I love how you can fill it with any veggies you like.
Congratulations, you've started losing already! :D

If you have an Asda nearby, they have the new Arla(?) Quark with flavours (garlic and herb or tomato and basil I think). They're free-food and really fantastic for when you want a lazy dip or a creamier pasta sauce. I'm a veggie myself, but I bet they'd make for some lovely chicken kievs too. I'm very jealous of this soup maker... I make soup almost every day now.

Tonnes of instant noodles and pastas are free; I'll post a few of them here. Let me know if I can help in any way!

Kabuto Noodles Prawn Tom Yum Noodles, made up as directed (85g pot) FREE
Kabuto Noodles Vegetable Laksa Rice Noodles, Gluten Free, made up as directed (65g pot) FREE
Noodle Express Hoisin Noodles (75g pot) FREE
Noodle Express Chow Mein Noodles (75g pot) FREE
Noodle Express Sweet Chilli Noodles (75g pot) FREE
Naked Noodle Singapore Curry Noodles, made up as directed, dried (78g pot) FREE
Mug Shot Teriyaki Noodles, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Minestrone Pasta, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Peri-Peri Noodles, dried (56g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Chow Mein Noodles, dried (45g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Rogan Josh Noodles, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Spicy Tomato Pasta, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Tomato & Herb Pasta, dried (64g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Chinese Style Noodles, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Snack Stop Tomato Pasta, dried (57g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Sweet n Smoky BBQ Noodles, dried (56g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Mediterranean Style Pasta, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Chicken & Sweetcorn Noodles, dried (54g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Snack Stop BBQ Flavour Noodles, dried (50g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Snack Stop Chilli Flavour Noodles, dried (50g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Snack Stop Chicken Flavour Noodles, dried (46g sachet) FREE

Morning! It's yummy, right? I don't even miss the pastry that much, and I love how you can fill it with any veggies you like.
Congratulations, you've started losing already! :D

If you have an Asda nearby, they have the new Arla(?) Quark with flavours (garlic and herb or tomato and basil I think). They're free-food and really fantastic for when you want a lazy dip or a creamier pasta sauce. I'm a veggie myself, but I bet they'd make for some lovely chicken kievs too. I'm very jealous of this soup maker... I make soup almost every day now.

Tonnes of instant noodles and pastas are free; I'll post a few of them here. Let me know if I can help in any way!

Kabuto Noodles Prawn Tom Yum Noodles, made up as directed (85g pot) FREE
Kabuto Noodles Vegetable Laksa Rice Noodles, Gluten Free, made up as directed (65g pot) FREE
Noodle Express Hoisin Noodles (75g pot) FREE
Noodle Express Chow Mein Noodles (75g pot) FREE
Noodle Express Sweet Chilli Noodles (75g pot) FREE
Naked Noodle Singapore Curry Noodles, made up as directed, dried (78g pot) FREE
Mug Shot Teriyaki Noodles, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Minestrone Pasta, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Peri-Peri Noodles, dried (56g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Chow Mein Noodles, dried (45g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Rogan Josh Noodles, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Spicy Tomato Pasta, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Tomato & Herb Pasta, dried (64g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Chinese Style Noodles, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Snack Stop Tomato Pasta, dried (57g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Sweet n Smoky BBQ Noodles, dried (56g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Mediterranean Style Pasta, dried (60g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Chicken & Sweetcorn Noodles, dried (54g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Snack Stop BBQ Flavour Noodles, dried (50g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Snack Stop Chilli Flavour Noodles, dried (50g sachet) FREE
Mug Shot Snack Stop Chicken Flavour Noodles, dried (46g sachet) FREE

Thank you!! I have taken a photo on my phone for when I go food shopping. This Arla I normally have the yogurt version I'm addicted the creamy stuff lol but its the first I'm hearing of the Quark in savoury flavours anything garlicy I adore I will check in Asda and Tesco's tomorrow.. so if I was to have the whole tub its free?? I could mix this up with diced chicken in a green leaves salad.. I can see I will be eating lots of salads NOW!!

Your a star xx

Yup! All fat-free quark is free and you can use as much as you like! The plain yogurt they do is also free, so you could still get that and add sweetener/chopped fruits:
Arla Skyr Natural Yogurt (per 100g) FREE

I've gotten well into my salads now too :D

Back