SW vs. WW, help me decided please

You had points left of an evening!! The one time I did WW and points I'd used them all up by lunch!!

SW everyday for me, choice, flexibility and food.
:8855:-I only had points left because I was a "large marge" so I had lots of points to start with :p, also, despite my size I love veggies, salad so would fill up on the free stuff -then not need to use my points ;)-the main problem I had was with my love of fruit and the fact I had to count it.

I was always scared of SW because of the "free foods" concept -at the time I could eat a pea more than a pig and was a carbohydrate junky :eek:-so I knew it would have been a disaster- Somehow I got my head around my portion control so decided to give SW a whirl -and I love it :D -I have only been doing it 7 weeks and started on EE -this week Im doing all red days and I have found that now I amd weighing out my healthy Bs -Im actually allowed more potatoes/peas than I was giving myself on EE in the first place... so I guess I must have my portion control sorted:p

I've done both & prefer SW. On WW I did lose but was hungry & found it very fafthy (too much weighing & measuring). It depends on your life style i guess as i work shifts so it suits me to do SW x

I like SW because you don't need to count or measure for the most part.

That's it, really. I must admit that I also find myself counting the calories I've consumed as an extra check to make sure I'm not eating too much (three large pots of Onken Fat Free yoghurt every day will not make my weight loss effortless :D), so I'm not really using SW rules exclusively.

In fact, the real reason I use SW is that I used it before, and the class is held in a hall only 50 yards from my front door (how lazy is that? :eek:).

I find the eating advice of both plans beneficial and the discipline of being weighed each week is vital.

I find SW better. There's less planning and thinking involved because of the free foods.

If I'm peckish I know there are 4 pages worth of food that I can eat right now without weighing or measuring.

I cook the same meals as I've always done. All that's changed is how I cook them. :)

It really comes down to what you can live with most comfortably, hon. Both plans have their good points - WW is a good reality check in terms of portion size, SW encourages you to completely change how you cook and eat.

I tried WW several times but never got anywhere due to feeling overly restricted, which wasn't helpful to me when I was 10st overweight. I needed to feel as if I could still eat a big meal if I felt I really needed one, regardless of how many points/calories it was, and that's where SW was invaluable with its 'free foods'. Just the knowledge that I COULD have a big plate of spag bol or whatever really made the difference for me in the beginning.

SW has helped me to completely reform my eating - it stopped being a 'diet' and became my way of life.

I have done both and have to say that SW wins hands down. WW was far to time consuming and I hated having to weigh and/or count everything I ate. I became obsessed with what I ate.

Now I have a young family I don't have time for that. Most of the time I have to eat on the run and need to know that I can grab a packet of ham from the fridge and eat that as I walk to the school, LOL! Nice and easy and I can cook for everyone without them knowing the difference. x

Back