SW Xmas party food

Can I just ask how many syns the puff pastry sheet is? Just, I double checked online and it was saying anything up to 40ish syns for a sheet!

Thank you for some great ideas! I just made the cinnamon rolls but could only find jus-rol pastry sheets whilst in town. I am now very worried about the syn content! Super tasty though! ;)

I wasn't sure what to take to tonight's Xmas taster buffet then came up with the idea of making mini Xmas dinners using small Yorkshire puddings.

These went down a treat at class tonight & were polished off in a matter of seconds!

2 syns for the puds & 1 syn for the suffing & bit of gravy.
Inside each pud is a piece of turkey, a roast potato, carrot, brussel, stuffing & a teaspoon of gravy.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Love Stacey xxxx

eea98df118f3cd9c4d943082a6512db6.jpg

fa483e7802b0259f9961c7da102047d7.jpg

4796970d71dd297a4b3f62bb7ed67467.jpg

I made the cinammon roll for my class tonight and it went down a storm lol C is gonna put the recipe on the SW fb page for our group

I've made the cinnamon rolls this evening for tomorrow - they wouldn't roll properly so they're a little squished but they taste yummy :)

Mine were still warm when i got them to class - my C tasted one and i thought she was gonna have an orgasm lol she actually squealed with delight at how tasty they were

I made some of the cinnamon swirls tonight for taster tomorrow :D They taste lovely too! I worked mine out at 2 syns each, it must depend on the pasty you use (I used half a pack of Sainsburys lighter puff pastry which made 20). They are gorgeous though! Thanks for the recipe XD x

Last edited:
For group tonight I made the cinnamon rolls which are lovely and 2 syns. I also made some jerk chicken skewers. Unfortunately cannot add a photo on here yet but they were so easy I'd definitely recommend!! :)

Ok here goes:
Cinnamon Swirls

Ready rolled puff pastry sheet
2tbsp granulated sweetener
2tbsp half sugar (silver spoon)
2tbsp ground cinnamon

Unroll the pastry sheet. Mix the sweetener, half sugar and cinnamon together and put on the pastry sheet. Roll it up long ways (like a Swiss roll) using a little water to 'glue' the edges.
Cut into 18 rolls, place on a baking tray and bake at 180/gas 4 for 10-15 mins.
Such a simple recipe but yummy!
And 1 Syn each :)

Thanks!

I'm going to make some for our party tonight....but i've calculated they syns at 3.5 each using tesco ready rolled light puff pastry.

Last edited:
Cinnamon swirls went down a treat, thank you! x

Our Xmas party food!
Xmas 2012 (Small).jpgXmas 2012-2 (Small).jpg

Lots of lovely food! sod the syns! great ideas........

Heres a photo of the cinnamon rolls and the jerk chicken skewers - I made them quite spicy but everyone liked them!

They look lush pyxiee and loving the photos in your profile too, Cuba looks amazing and I absolutely love the orange floral dress your wearing its so pretty

They look lush pyxiee and loving the photos in your profile too, Cuba looks amazing and I absolutely love the orange floral dress your wearing its so pretty

Thank you very much. I loved Cuba but we didn't make it to Havana so there wasnt alot to do! The dress is my faithful holiday dress. There's 4 that come with me everywhere ha! Hopefully next time I go ill need some new bikinis ;)

Ive made mini cheese and onion crustless quiches in silicon bun teats 3 for a hex a or 2 syns each

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121225_001251.png
    ForumRunner_20121225_001251.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 185
Here's yesterday's efforts!

Mushroom pâté
Bombay Bhajis (from the old green days recipe book), made mint and yogurt dip to go with.
Mini roasted veg quiches
Mini sausage rolls (made with LM sausages and puff pastry - 1 syn each)

Baked bread as well and still have the hummus and couscous salad to make - phew!

Attachments

• image-3461288273.jpg
    image-3461288273.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 330
  • image-941838647.jpg
    image-941838647.jpg
    766.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image-3902497307.jpg
    image-3902497307.jpg
    787.2 KB · Views: 168
  • image-1480042693.jpg
    image-1480042693.jpg
    905 KB · Views: 185
Here's yesterday's efforts!

Mushroom pâté
Bombay Bhajis (from the old green days recipe book), made mint and yogurt dip to go with.
Mini roasted veg quiches
Mini sausage rolls (made with LM sausages and puff pastry - 1 syn each)

Baked bread as well and still have the hummus and couscous salad to make - phew!

wow! Ypu have made a lot there! My mum made a SW pate for Christmas day and it was delicious! I love the idea of roast veg quiches too!

wow! Ypu have made a lot there! My mum made a SW pate for Christmas day and it was delicious! I love the idea of roast veg quiches too!

It was lovely - the quiches went down really well! It was just roast courgette, red onion and pepper with the normal SW quiche mix. Very tasty! x

It was lovely - the quiches went down really well! It was just roast courgette, red onion and pepper with the normal SW quiche mix. Very tasty! x
Thank you. I haven't actually tried to make any quiches yet but these are now on the to do list!

Back